PDA

View Full Version : Saddest FF song?

MelodyofLute
07-25-2003, 08:52 PM
I think it would either have to be Cry In Sorrow from FFIV or (although it sounds upbeat in the normal game, this version is just really touching) the theme for Toria on the FFIV piano collections.

Yumi-Yimi
07-26-2003, 12:07 AM
I don't know really, Suteki da ne or some random FFVI song, loves those.
Or maybe Aeris theme, or Eyes on me.
It could actually be FFX ending theme... Yeah, I love that one. :)

ChibiInuYasha
07-27-2003, 04:02 AM
FFX's 'To Zanarkand' or the 'Ending Theme' itself

Fraile Memory
07-28-2003, 04:36 AM
"Pure Heart", Final Fantasy X Singles

Jackschitt
07-31-2003, 08:19 AM
Aeris's Theme, man made me cry like a baby, poor aeris,not a good song to kick jenova's ass to though.

Silent Warrior
08-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Aye, Aeris' theme caught the spirit of the moment (did you notice how the first separated phrases start off almost synchronized with the bouncing materia? Spiffy while it lasted). I don't remember Cry in sorrow... But To Zanarkand was... weird. I completely like that song, btw. Very nice. Its sadness depends on what goes on along with it.

... Hm... I can't think of another song that affected ME like that... Poot!

Blackmage
08-05-2003, 01:26 AM
Aeris's Theme. That song could make me cry. And it takes a lot to make me cry. Some close followers are To Zanarkand and You're Not Alone; Pure Heart's real good too.

EDIT: Oh, man, I forgot about the other one: Disc 4, Track 10 of the FFIX soundtrack. Called...dissipating sorrow or something.

musashius
08-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Final Fantasy VII - Oppressed People!!!

No, I'm just kidding.

Final Fantasy VII - Aerith's Theme, Final Fantasy VII - Vincent's Theme (probably because his character is pretty sad) or Final Fantasy X - To Zanarkand.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jackschitt
Aeris's Theme, man made me cry like a baby, poor aeris,not a good song to kick jenova's ass to though.

First time I played the game i cried at this big too, even though I knew she was going to die, second time though I laughed when it came to this bit

P.s Shouldn't we usse spoilers here

Daryl
08-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Edward's harp's music in FFIV is pretty sad. Forever Rachel from FFVI is pretty sad, too. Daryl's theme in FFVI is kinda sad, but more by association of what's going on than the music itself. Nostalgia from FFV.

I'm sure there're a bunch more, but that's enough for now.

Outsider
08-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Hmmm... Shadow's theme. It's so full of sorrow, I love it.

Mighty Pirate Faris
08-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Gau's theme with the cello... I think that instrument was supposed to be a cello. So slow, if you just closed your eyes and didn't look at what was happening it'd tug on your heart.

Prodigy
08-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Aeris theme, definately.

Sephiroth17
08-20-2003, 05:56 AM
My opinion is that the saddest song is "Silenced by Fireworks" from FFVII, because after playing through once already, and then hearing that tune as Cloud and Aerith are on the Gondola, it's like a precursor to what's about to happen. Every time i hear that song, or any rendition of, i get chills down my spine.

TheAbominatrix
08-20-2003, 06:02 AM
Suteki da Ne caused me to just bawl. That was so friggin sad.

Breine
08-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Aeris's theme... I've burst in to tears a lot of times because of this song... It's so friggin sad...

TogiB
08-29-2003, 02:46 AM
Suteki Da Ne....I love it and it is soooooooooo sad...:(

Female Ryuichi
08-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Aeris' theme and Seto one's from FFVII. :cry:

Doomgaze
08-30-2003, 07:36 AM
FF6 - Celes, Coin Song, Forever Rachel, Gau, Epitaph
FF7 - Sending a Dream into the Universe, Aeris's Theme
FF8 - Ami/Where I Belong/Trust Me/etc., Truth
FF10 - Ending Theme

Sacred Phoenix
09-15-2003, 01:45 AM
No one said THE OATH from FF8. YOu can download it from KaZaa there are tons of different versions. I't makes me cry, plus the game over song from ffX which i cant remember what it's called. Ooops, the ending theme. and i remember, To Zanarkand.

Oh dear i forgot this one too. It is from final fantasy legend 2 and it is called heartfull tears, it's in the jukeboxes in the cafes and when..... i'm not going to say.:tongue:

Freya Coral
09-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Hmmm...

7-Aeris' Theme, Seto's song (don't know the name of it)
8-Eyes on Me
9-You Are Not Alone (that song in Pandemonium where Zidane goes nuts and tell his friends to shove it), Dagger's song (the one she sings on the balcony in Lindblum Castle)
:cry:

Sefie1999AD
09-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Daryl
Nostalgia from FFV.

I can't believe no-one else has mentioned that. I thought I was the only one who thought that song was sad. Thanks for mentioning it, Daryl! :love:

Other great sad songs from FFs include Rebel Army Theme from FF2 (very beautiful in FF Symphonic Suite), Elia's Theme from FF3, Awakening from FF6, Celes from FF6, Cayenne from FF6, Aerith's Theme from FF7, Sending a Dream into the Universe from FF7, The Oath from FF8 (when Squall made his encouraging speech for everyone in Balamb on Disc 2, I was moved to tears), You're Not Alone from FF9, Passing Sorrow from FF9, Melodies of Life from FF9 (I always listen to it when broken-hearted), Ending Theme from FFX and Hero's Theme from FFT. There's many, indeed...

GenjiLeisureSuit
09-30-2003, 02:10 AM
Aria de Mezzo Carreterre (or whatever) from FFVI. It's not "supposed" to be sad, but I always get a little sniffly whenever I hear it.

Mr. Graves
09-30-2003, 03:12 AM
That tune that plays when Bartz flashes back to his childhood in FF5 is pretty sad.

razor248725
10-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Suteki da ne. its a perfect love song...brings a tear to your eye ya know?
and aeris theme (orchestra) sounds really good

Angel_Eyes
10-20-2003, 03:41 PM
FFVI: Locke's Theme, Edgar and Sabin's Theme
FFVII: Aerith's Theme, Silenced by Fireworks :(
FFVIII: Eyes on Me
FFIX: You're Not Alone, the ending theme with Vivi's letter
FFX: Tidus' Theme, Auron's Theme cos thats when he GOES! *sobs*

Flare_Star
10-22-2003, 05:50 PM
melodies of life, loss of me and this other one in ff9 which is only played twice in the game(i think), when garnet gets stabbed in "i want to be your canary", and in the ending when dagger runs up and grabs zidane.

aeris' theme is pretty sad....
prelude as well

Radje
10-25-2003, 04:48 PM
I can play "To zanarkand" If anyone wants to hear a little of it i can post it here. (Remember i can only add 1 mb of attachment so it wont be the whole tune"

Sacred Phoenix
10-27-2003, 03:25 AM
I would like to hear it, i am considering teaching it to myself...... is it hard?

Heartless Xin
10-28-2003, 10:49 AM
one winged angel

hearing that song know reminds me that sephiroth
was created purely for destruction. he nver had a chance to live.(yeah i know it s a wierd choice)

Clyde Arronway
04-05-2004, 03:13 AM
Definately Melodies of Life (Dagger IX) but only when Dagger sings it.

Rase
04-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Final Fantasy IV
Lute (Edward's Theme) (http://members.fortunecity.com/sephkatana/ff2sounds/lute.mid)

Rydia's Theme (http://members.fortunecity.com/sephkatana/ff2sounds/rydia.mid)

Final Fantasy VI
Aria de Mezzo Carattere (http://members.fortunecity.com/sephkatana/ff6sounds/ariademc.mid)

Shadow's Theme (http://members.fortunecity.com/sephkatana/ff6sounds/shadow.mid)

Clyde Arronway
04-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I really don't want to slander your choices, so keep that in mind when I ask these questions. 1) why is rydia's theme sad, and 2) why is shadow's theme sad?

I can see the aria (of course it's sadder with lyrics) but shadow?

Rase
04-16-2004, 12:15 AM
For both of those it's just my own personal preference. It might have something to do with the characters or events that happen in the respective games. But yeah, really can't explain it much.

01chapmanh
04-18-2004, 01:36 PM
No Doubt, its gotta be 'To Zanarkand' or 'Suteki da Ne'. They r so sad.
There is a much better 'To Zanarkand' done on piano by a british musician. Its tons sadder :( :(

sephiroth21
05-06-2004, 12:36 AM
suteki da ne by far...and i like it when the girl sings it

Seryn Kai
05-24-2004, 05:24 PM
For me, the most touching FF track ever would have to be 1OOO Words from X-2. It pointed out the tragedy of Shuyin and Lenne's love well and really made me feel for Shuyin. It was a real shame to have to fight him after that song, even if he was just a remnants of hatred the living Shuyin. The other FF tracks which I found particulary touching were Cid's Theme-FF7 (I can't help but feel inspired by that one), Aeris's theme and the Roses and Wine track from FF8.

Laguna
05-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Personally, Eyes On Me always makes me feel different. I think its a fantastic piece. I also thought that Love Grows is quite good, but i havent actually listened to every single track of 8 yet. Can anyone recommened some more "must have" pieces?

Felldoh
05-24-2004, 11:37 PM
I forget if it's the true name, but "Forever Rachel" from FFVI really struck an emotional reaction from me.

Storm
05-25-2004, 05:22 AM
Whatever the song that plays when Celes tries to commit suicide in FF6 is by far the saddest song. Cry in Sorrow from FFIV is also quite depressing....especially when Edge's parents kill themselves.

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2004, 09:28 PM
I really don't want to slander your choices, so keep that in mind when I ask these questions. 1) why is rydia's theme sad, and 2) why is shadow's theme sad?

I can see the aria (of course it's sadder with lyrics) but shadow?
Shadows theme IS sad. It's so terribly sad in the end...
Well, heres my choise: Aeris theme, Shadows theme and Melodies of Life.

Xander
05-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Aerith's Theme, although Suteki Da Ne made me sad listening to it at the end of the game. :( Mostly it just makes me think of the kiss though so it's not too sad. ^_^

Auron Valentine
06-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Aeris' Theme was sad, no matter how much I hated her. Besides that, Tidus' theme actually made me cry, even though it's kinda happy...Suteki Da Ne, the FFX Ending Theme, the music from Balamb GARDEN (FF8)...there have been so many songs from FF games that make me cry...

Armisael
06-02-2004, 04:27 PM
i agree with flare star.p.s.the theme which is played when garnet gets stabbed in "i want to be your canary" and in the ending it is called bittersweet romance.

rinoa_heart
06-02-2004, 06:16 PM
I think I would have to pick Aeris' theme and eyes on me, don't know what it is about that song it just gets to me.
[QUOTE]

Trumpet Thief
06-10-2004, 03:13 AM
Celes Theme... :cry:

I'm listening to it right now, *sniff, sniff*

Aerith's theme was really touching as well, along with Loss of me, and Eyes on me. BUt still, Celes theme was the most touching out of all of them to me...

Singing_Wings
06-12-2004, 01:07 AM
FFIX had a lot of deppressing songs. Bittersweet Romance makes me sad and the ending theme of FFX made me wanna cry.

-N-
06-12-2004, 03:07 AM
FFVI - Celes
FFVII - Aeris
FFX - To Zanarkand, Path of Repentance, Suteki Da Ne Orchestral

Not an FF, but CC - Radical Dreamers takes the cake.

Dark Songstress
06-17-2004, 04:38 PM
"To Zanarkand" show a lot of sadness. there always a tear in my eyes everytime i heard that song

Chris
07-07-2004, 05:31 PM
"Aeris' Theme" from FFVII and the heartbreakingly sad "Anxious Hearts" also from FFVII.

"Fragments of Memories" from FFVIII and "Julia's Piano" plus "Ami".

"Dali's Theme" from FFIX and "I Want to Be Your Canary [Ending]".
And lets not forget "Melodies of Life" instrumentel as well as the vocal edition.

And the "Ending Theme" from FFVI is spectacular.

That's just some of the 'MANY' themes from Final Fantasy that made me mellow and tender....

auron_790
07-07-2004, 06:01 PM
i think Aeris' theme is the saddest FF song i've ever heard but its reallu nice too,in a soft sort of way.

kikimm
07-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Definitley the ending for FFX. Every time I hear it I feel like crying. Suteki da ne orchestra version
FF7 main theme, but piano version.
For some reason, the calm/silence before the storm makes me feel....not like crying, but melancholy.
aeris` theme
to zanarkand
i think that's all.

:D

Edgar
07-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Wierd, I can't remember any songs in FF that are actually 'sad' (as in I really felt it). I almost typed songs from Xenogears and Chrono Cross...

Dragonfire
07-23-2004, 07:20 AM
definitely Aeris' Theme, Every time I hear it especially in-game it's really gets to me.

Polaris
07-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Suteki dané orchestra

Melodies Of Life

Triple T
07-23-2004, 02:08 PM
The Sad Theme from FFIV and Aeris' Them from FFVII were really touching to me...