PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Hunter!

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
You know, for being Locke's catchphrase, he sure doesn't say it very much. I can only think of two instances; whenever he says it to Terra at Figaro Castle, and to one of the merchants in his scenario.

Any other times he says it? :p

robfinalfantasy
07-27-2003, 01:48 AM
He says it in the beginning when the old man calls him a thief. It is right before you get to name him.

BTW: I forgot what the old man's name was. Was was it?

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 01:51 AM
Oh yeah, that's three times. Good work.

His name's Arvis. :p

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by robfinalfantasy
BTW: I forgot what the old man's name was. Was was it?

It was Arvis.

Edit: Casey beat me too it and I didnt see! Argh!

Edgar
07-28-2003, 09:55 AM
He most prolly made his point throughout the world that he is a TREASURE HUNTER :P

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Arvis's real name is Jun.

Flying Mullet
07-29-2003, 10:52 PM
He only mentions that he is a treasure hunter instead of a thief when someone calls him a thief. He isn't trying to make himself known as a treasure hunter, he just plays semantics when someone calls him a thief.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-30-2003, 10:21 PM
His class is "Adventurer," too, which is probably what he called himself in the Japanese script. Treasure hunter is still better, of course, because it gives way to the joke that he hunts for treasure in other people's purses.

Dr. Casey
07-31-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Arvis's real name is Jun.

Really? Where did you get this at?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-31-2003, 08:33 AM
The game. Jun's name was just changed to Arvis in the English language release.

Dr. Casey
07-31-2003, 08:36 AM
Good move on Woolsey's part.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-31-2003, 08:46 AM
Ehh.

TheAbominatrix
07-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Jun is actually a masculine name in Japanese.... but yeah, that probably was a good change. In most western societies, Jun is a feminine name, and knowing the weird rumors people make up, it'd open a can of very annoying worms.

MJN SEIFER
08-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryó«©łhi
His class is "Adventurer," too, which is probably what he called himself in the Japanese script. Treasure hunter is still better, of course, because it gives way to the joke that he hunts for treasure in other people's purses.

No it's Still Tresure hunter! I Know that From This Script (http://sky_render.tripod.com/ff6script.txt) Note: There are Swears in this script so Adults Stay away!!! Note2: The scripts slightly out of order but its still good! Note3: Tresure Hunter was the same but Thief is Called Robber For some reason!

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 11:50 AM
if i had to chose the best char in ff6 itd be locke (nerf the lionheart part in my name for now) and if i had to choose the best quote ever both woosley and outside,itd be "Call me a treasure hunter or ill rip your lungs out!!!"

m4tt
08-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
No it's Still Tresure hunter! I Know that From This Script (http://sky_render.tripod.com/ff6script.txt) Note: There are Swears in this script so Under 12s Stay away!!! Note2: The scripts slightly out of order but its still good! Note3: Tresure Hunter was the same but Thief is Called Robber For some reason!

That is sky render's translation. It is no where near official, and it is also quite lame. Adding swear words to the game just makes it worse.

Edit: I mean.. c'mon

Relm:
"Yoohoo!
Shitheaded old man!!!
Relm is talking to you!!!"

That's lame. Since when did a girl of her age say stuff like that? And since when did Relm refer to herself in the third person?

MJN SEIFER
08-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Gau
That is sky render's translation. It is no where near official, and it is also quite lame. Adding swear words to the game just makes it worse.

Edit: I mean.. c'mon

Relm:
"Yoohoo!
Shitheaded old man!!!
Relm is talking to you!!!"

That's lame. Since when did a girl of her age say stuff like that? And since when did Relm refer to herself in the third person?

You're right Gau! it's not offical sorry if I led you on! Note when I was 5 (Half Realms age) I was much worse than that!! I had more bad language that would make Cid(7) Jelous!! (Don't worry I'm thew with swearing!!)

m4tt
08-18-2003, 05:46 PM
I knew it wasn't official, so you did not lead me on. I have not liked sky render's version since the first time I read it a year or two ago.

GogoTheMimic
08-24-2003, 01:05 AM
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought that Relm did speak in the third person and did have a potty mouth in the Japanese version... Can anybody clear that up, officially?

The Man
08-24-2003, 01:15 AM
She does. She speaks in third person because apparently, it's a literary device the Japanese use to imply that a female character is young and/or innocent; and heck, most ten-year-olds are pretty bloody vulgar, really =P

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-25-2003, 11:25 PM
The basic deal is that there are about a million personal pronouns to use in particular situations in Japanese, so young kids who haven't learned all that yet just suffice to refer to themselves by their own names. So, that's accurate.