PDA

View Full Version : Real emotion, english version!

STBetchel
07-27-2003, 02:36 AM
Real emotion sung in english has been released. go here www.ffx2.net to download it, go to the music section...also go here http://kristinesa.com/ffx-2/ to see the intro video to FFX-2 with the english version in it....and just so everyone knows, many people including myself believe this is not the "official" english version, because it says on kristine's website that she sung it herself because she was inspired by FFX-2's music...the real english version of Real Emotion will be sung by Kodo Kumi (which makes me happy cuz kristines version lacks a bit of oomph!). Have a good day! :)

Shuin
07-27-2003, 03:06 AM
Yeah... Though so. I hope is really sing by Kodo Kumi-san. Kristine's version can be good but still lack of something.

ChibiInuYasha
07-27-2003, 03:46 AM
I'm sorry but I hate it. ::blah::

STBetchel
07-27-2003, 05:17 AM
yea i didnt like it much either, but if the rumors are true, koda kumi will be doing it in english, and i hope its much better...and 1000 words too.

oh and let me just add, it says she wrote those lyrics herself as well, so those arent even the right words to the song...so it CANT be the real one. it sais direct from her site, "From fantasy to reality Kristine Sa sings HER INTERPRETATION of the main theme from Final Fantasy X-2...Kristine was encouraged by her label to write songs reflecting her obsession (FFX). The result was a surprising combination of her poetic lyrics and an intimate understanding of the themes from the FFX universe."

So in conclusion, she wrote this herself, and sang it herself. it has no connection with the real thing.

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2003, 05:46 AM
Actually, Betchel, it sounded like the lyrics are somewhat like the original... just a bit. But yeah, it is an interpretation... and it's easily the crappiest song I've ever heard. No offense to anyone... but it sounds horrible. Especially the 'what can I do for you' chorus. I listened to it and deleted it immeadiatly. Ew.

STBetchel
07-27-2003, 11:33 AM
abominatrix, yea the lyrics are similar, but still she wrote them herself and arent the official ones, but thanks for pointing that out :)...and i agree it was crappy, so hopfully if they do make a real english version, they will use koda kumi, please dont be cheap and just use hers squaresoft!! lol

TheAbominatrix
07-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Hopefully they'll leave it alone completly. Like they did in X... but this is in game and such, so it wouldnt make too much sense for Yuna to be speaking English all through the game and to suddenly be singing in Japanese... but yeah, hopefully Koda Kumi will do it, because this one was so ew... at least the lyrics rhymed, which is I think why she wrote her own. If you sing Japanese songs in English as-is, it sounds wrong because the different sylables and sounds mess up the timing and flow of the music.

Here are the translated Japanese lyrics to the original, thanks to www.animelyrics.com
What can I do for you?
I can hear you
What can I do for you?
I pictured myself somewhere far in my heart that day
It becomes dark in the distance, but I can no longer return
The shape I saw in my dream
Is different from everything
I become dizzy from reality
The feeling of swaying in the real world
I don't want to lose
The only thing I can hear from my heart is
to run.
You are not alone
What can I do for you?
I can hear you
What can I do for you?
kesshite furimuki wa shinai anata ni wa toyoranai
nanika ga areba kanarazu suguni kite kureru kara
I won't turn back, I won't rely on you
Because if something happens, you'll always come to me quickly
The only thing I can do now
is to believe...
The truth is in my heart
Holds me up
You taught me everything I know
That is me now
So, I am not alone
What can I do for you?
I can hear you
What can I do for you?
I can hear you
Even if you feel it
If you close your eyes, I will be there
There is a bond between us
So, you are not alone
I don't want to lose
The only thing I can hear from my heart is
to run.
You are not alone
What can I do for you?
I can hear you
What can I do for you?
I can hear you

And then the lyrics to the English version, from the site provided.
I remember everything you said that night
In your loneliness, your heart was with me
And I know you were confused, I felt your fright
But you held my hand, and stood so bravely
Everything has changed
Nothing feels the same
Are you lonely where you are right now?
In my dreams, I see you
I can feel you here somehow

Reality and dreaming feel the same whenever I'm with you
It must be real if...
The way I feel is really just another sad illusion too
I don't believe it
You're close to me
Wherever you may be

What should I believe in if my heart decides
To believe in you, to return one day
If I close my eyes you're right there by my side
I refuse to think, you're so far away
Everything has changed
Nothing feels the same
Are you lonely where you are tonight?
In my dreams, I see you
I can feel you hold me tight

Reality and dreaming feel the same whenever I'm with you,
It must be real if...
The way I feel, is really just another sad illusion too
I don't believe it,
I'm close to you
I know that much is true

They're vaguely similiar, but obviously interpretive due to the reasons I suggested and the artist's own preferece.

Shuin
07-27-2003, 01:59 PM
*Pwew!* That's was close. Darn, Kristine scared us all.:eep:

STBetchel
07-27-2003, 03:43 PM
lol

Scandalous
07-27-2003, 05:09 PM
I don't think it's THAT bad *has weird taste in music* But I'm always listening to the Yuna Vocal Collection song "Kimi E" so stop listening to me. I don't know anything. Anyway, I was shocked when I heard it because it didn't sound anything like Kumi...so I was pissed off because I thought this was the official one. Thank god it isn't.

Roogle
07-28-2003, 10:22 AM
This topic is going to be merged with the other topic above since there are way too many topics about real Emotion in English in general, so feel free to discuss about real Emotion and your thoughts on the fan version in the stickied thread.