PDA

View Full Version : Something I Just Thought Of. *spoilers*

Strider
07-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Perhaps I just overlooked it, but I thought of something when I played through the game for the umpteenth time yesterday. . .

After the Esper World finds its way into the sky, what happens to Banon and Arvis? I mean, they're both in Vector when the city gets razed and you have the banquet with Gestahl, right? Then, your crew gets tricked, but they're able to escape Vector in time. But, after you leave Thamasa and the Floating Continent appears, the two of 'em are nowhere to be found.

I went back to Vector and no one was there. I went to the Returner's hideout, and they weren't there, either. Then I went to Narshe and checked Arvis's house and the elder's house and didn't have any luck with those.

When you think about it, as two important leaders of the main resistance force, it would be nice to know what happened to 'em, right? Of course, I could've just looked past something, but it would be nice if someone knew.

Dr. Casey
07-27-2003, 11:58 PM
Banon's a stupid >nincompoop<.

I'd have been able to beat Ultros a lot easier if his Tentacle attack didn't kill Banon in one hit.

Arvis is cool though, I hope that he didn't die a horrible and painful death.

Edit by Big D: Watch your language.

m4tt
07-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Yeah, it's really lame how they just kinda vanish like that. And you never hear about them again. The only time you do is if you happen to go into the Returner's Hideout after the island goes up into the sky. One of the guys in there will ask you "How is Banon" (or somthing). I've always said "I don't know, YOU TELL ME" outloud cause I'm a dork. :D

Wightraven
07-28-2003, 02:45 AM
No worries, then, Gau. I too am a dork.

Edgar
07-29-2003, 09:29 AM
Simple. Reasons may be: they got killed when the continent shifted, or they didn't make it when Edgar and the rest escaped, or either of them is Gogo :P

m4tt
07-29-2003, 01:33 PM
They are gone BEFORE all the continents shift, though. Unless they both died of heartattack when the Island went into the sky, they just vanished. And obviously they were not as important as Edgar and Locke made them out to be, since they never mention them ever again.

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Which is weird, because the game even bothers to point out the fate (well, kind of) of the little girl who frequented the Cafe in South Figaro. What nerds.

Flying Mullet
07-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Another question on the topic of Banon and Arvis(I really need to go back and play the game), did they ride down with the team on the airship from Narshe to the dinner with the Emperor? If not, how did they get there?

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Maybe the Emperor allowed them to travel by boats? Most boats wouldnt go there, of course, because of the way the Empire's attacks on the sea-travel... the Emperor could have easily ordered a boat, but it never says it in the game, of course.

Flying Mullet
07-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Well, as they were so interested in the espers and the esper's freedoms and such, maybe they're closet espers and they flew there...da-da-dum!! :whoa:

m4tt
07-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
Which is weird, because the game even bothers to point out the fate (well, kind of) of the little girl who frequented the Cafe in South Figaro. What nerds.

Yeah, and they pointed out what happened to everyone in Mobliz after the chaos and destruction stuff. How lame!

And.. OMG Ashley are you trying to stop me from browsing the forums at work? Your signature is scary. :(

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Gau
Yeah, and they pointed out what happened to everyone in Mobliz after the chaos and destruction stuff. How lame!

And.. OMG Ashley are you trying to stop me from browsing the forums at work? Your signature is scary. :(

The guys who made VI should have remembered 'when in doubt of who to show extended details on... go with the characters who actually have names and more than one line'.

And yes I am. :p It may be scary, but I made sure it was work safe. It's just... disturbing. :D

m4tt
07-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
And yes I am. :p It may be scary, but I made sure it was work safe. It's just... disturbing. :D

It scared the girl who sits behind me. :( *turns off sigs for now* ;_;

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Gau
It scared the girl who sits behind me. :( *turns off sigs for now* ;_;

You are the biggest weenie EVER! What's she doin lookin over your shoulder anyway!? Gah!

The Man
07-31-2003, 02:44 AM
I always assumed that either Kefka or the Emperor killed them at the same time they backstabbed the Returners in Thamasa. It seems like something they'd do.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-31-2003, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the idea.

"Oh, my! The Emperor has completely betrayed the rebellion and is proceeding with his plans for world domination! Say, I wonder what happened to Vernon and Jun, the rebellion leaders who were last known to be in the Emperor's company?"

The Man
07-31-2003, 02:52 AM
I always imagined Kefka laughing over their poisoned corpses, actually, after he got freed from prison. It's a shame we didn't actually get to see those scenes in the game - I'm sure Woolsey would have worked wonders with them. ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-31-2003, 02:58 AM
Yeah, 'cause we love Woolsey, man. Always have.

m4tt
07-31-2003, 04:01 AM
You can always count on Aaron to turn a topic about Banon and Arvis into a Woosley bashing session. :rolleyes2

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-31-2003, 04:04 AM
Wrong! Aaron was actually being sincere on account of his coming to terms with Woolsey due to it being the vogue thing to do.

The Man
07-31-2003, 04:33 AM
Kishi's right; I actually DO like Woolsey when he changes stuff in Kefka's lines, because it's damn funny. You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet. *snicker*

m4tt
07-31-2003, 04:35 AM
I must be out of the loop again. :cry:

GogoTheMimic
07-31-2003, 07:01 AM
I always thought that they, along with all of the other returners, were killed in the esper attack. *shrug*

TheAbominatrix
07-31-2003, 11:15 AM
They're shown after the Esper attack though, wandering around Vector. If I remember right.

Strider
07-31-2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah, you're right. That's the last time you really see either of them, though, and I just now began to wonder whatever happened to them.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-02-2003, 04:09 AM
My guess is they died, but it sucks that they never say what happened to them. A year is a long time, after all. Kefka could have taken care of them while Celes was unconcious in order to exact revenge.

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2003, 05:36 AM
Oooh that's a neat idea. I could see them being publicly executed for treason... man, I wish that would have been explored.

Edgar
08-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Like I said, they may have been backstabbed. It's the most possible reason

Doomgaze
08-04-2003, 06:47 AM
Does the Sky Render Translation mention it?

You know, something like...

LOCKE: :skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: your :skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:.

EDGAR: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull: hey.

TINA: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: Vernon :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:ing :skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:?

EDGAR: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: :skull::skull::skull::skull: died.

LOCKE: :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Edgar
08-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Huh?

Doomgaze
08-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Um, Sky Render's translation of FF6 would make Cid Highwind blush.

...I hate having to explain jokes.

m4tt
08-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Then it's not really a translation is it? An interpretation perhaps?

From what I remember, there was no need for swearing in FF6.

Edgar
08-04-2003, 09:51 PM
It's not that, it's the skully thingies. Maybe I should disable the damn smile thingy

m4tt
08-04-2003, 10:19 PM
The skulls were there because of the swear filter. Doomgaze was "acting out" what skyrender's "translation" is like. Full of swear words. Even if you disable the smilies, you won't see what the words really are. Watch: :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

You'll just see :skull: over and over if you disable smilies.