PDA

View Full Version : ISO to game disc

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2003, 08:45 PM
I recently got Rockman X6 for PSX in ISO from, I have a boot disc so I can play backup games so Is there a specific proses on burning an ISO on a CD so it can be playable on a playstation?

Endless
07-28-2003, 08:56 PM
No, it's a regular CD-ROM drive.

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2003, 09:00 PM
SO I just burn the ISO on a CD no problem right?

Endless
07-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Yes.

crono_logical
07-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Just make sure it's mode2 you're burning it as and not mode1, since that's the format PSX CDs are in, in case your prorgam doesn't recognise it for one reason or another.

Erdrick Holmes
07-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Well I tried burning ISO images onto a CD using Nero. They never worked. Is there any burning programs and any other programs I can use.

Peegee
07-28-2003, 11:38 PM
have you tried teh mode 2? Nero is supposed to work for these things.

Erdrick Holmes
07-29-2003, 12:33 AM
How do I get mode 2, I have no freaking clue how to do this. I recently downloaded Rockman X6 and Im sick of playing it on ePSXe so I wanna play it on my PSX or my Dreamcast because my old comfy computer chair broke from my fat butt sitting in it too much and this folding cardtable chair hurts[/ramble]

EDIT: Is it possbile to rip games off a PSX disc as an ISO on your HD? Tell me the program.

Endless
07-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Got the iso? Mount it with <a href="http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php">daemon tools</a> and burn it using the copy option of nero.

How to copy? Nero, cdrwin, discjuggler, blindcopy/write, whichever you want.

Erdrick Holmes
07-30-2003, 03:38 AM
Tell me what to select on the ISO menu on Nero. Heres a picture in case if it helps.

EDIT: I monted it with Daemon tools and burned it using mode 2 and it still would not play. Also I am getting a Dreamcast ISO to, can I do this same prosess to play them on my DC.

Endless
07-30-2003, 03:51 AM
From PSX to PC:
In Nero, select the virtual burner, then select "CD copy" in the menu, in the "read options, check "read audio data with sub channels" and leave the rest to the default. Select burn, it will ask you where to save the image.

From PC (iso) to PSX:
Mount it with daemon tools, then use your burner (not the virtual one this time) and use "CD copy" with the same options as above.
If you don't feel like getting daemon-tools (which you should do, it's one of these tools that once you try, you keep), use in the drop down menu "file" > "burn image", select the iso, select data mode 2 and hope it works. If you use daemon-tools, d-t will recognize everything and you can then copy it without any problem.

Erdrick Holmes
07-30-2003, 04:15 AM
Uhh Vivi, I tried wat you told me and it still never worked. I wasted about 9 CD-Rs trying to do this. Why wont it work?

Endless
07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
If you don't already have it, get daemon-tools.
Mount your iso.
Open epsxe. Set it to use the virtual drive as the cd-rom, and to read audio subchannels (or make the subchannel file, whichever). Set whatever you want to set other than the cd (gfx, sound...)
Close epsxe to save the settings.
Open epsxe. Choose to "Run CD-ROM".

If the game starts and works (on mine, the sound is screwy when played with epsxe, it works fine on my psx though), then copy it with Nero (source: the virtual drive, destination: your burner).

I just want to make sure, though. Is your psx modchipped?

Erdrick Holmes
07-30-2003, 05:34 PM
No but I found an ISO that states if I burn it right it would be a boot disc that I can swap to put in a backup disc.

Endless
07-30-2003, 05:41 PM
You were lied to. Sorry that you wasted CDs for that, I should have asked the modchip question at the beginning.

Erdrick Holmes
07-30-2003, 07:11 PM
DAMMIT. Well I have a Dreamcast boot disc that actually works on backup games. (I tested it on a backup of Echo the Dolphin and it works perfectly) And I am getting the ISO of the Japanese version of Guitly Gear X zipped on a CD-R. Would I use the same tatcis to mounting and copying the ISO and play it on my DC using the Boot CD?

Killy
07-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Dreamcast boot discs work. PSX ones dont.

Erdrick Holmes
08-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Master Vivi
From PSX to PC:
In Nero, select the virtual burner, then select "CD copy" in the menu, in the "read options, check "read audio data with sub channels" and leave the rest to the default. Select burn, it will ask you where to save the image.

Well I do that but it saves the data as a .nrg file, how can I get that to be an ISO?

Endless
08-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Install Nero's Imagedrive, it can mount the image (just like Daemon-tools, but only for .nrg isos) and it also enables mounting this type of file with Daemon-tools.

Erdrick Holmes
08-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Oh wait a sec. ePSXe can read .nrg images. Cool I was just Playing Megaman X5 after I copied the disc as a .nrg image. Sweet, problems solved, this can be closed but answer this, after I erase a CD-RW that had stuff burned on it can I burn stuff on it again, and if possible keep erasing and adding stuff to my hearrts desire?

crono_logical
08-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Right, I'll close this thread as requested, so no-one can respond to your other question. :D

Or not, it doesn't need closing, so don't bother ask. :p

Yes, you can erase and rewrite as often as you want (until you scratch it badly/break it etc.), that's the point of it being rewritable.

Erdrick Holmes
08-20-2003, 09:22 PM
I mounted Daemon tools with the CD image of GGX but as I tried to copy it, it stated that the image being copied was too big for Nero to copy on the CD-R. What nero/daemontools options should I have set to copy the GGX image onto the CD?

Killy
08-22-2003, 04:45 AM
Akuma, open the file "e-ggearx.nfo" that was provided in the zip with the file, then read it. Then you should have no more problems.