PDA

View Full Version : Summarizing Posters In a Thread

Meow
07-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Ahh! More help do i need. i was glancing through BoB's 'Big Survey' thread in the General Chat, when i realized that it would be great if i could view a listing of all posters without the actual post involved - a 'thread summary' that listed the members who'd posted, minus the written post. It'd be especially helpful in 'survey' cases, where each post is the answer sheet to a very large set of questions. Is it possible to do such a thing?

Citizen Bleys
07-28-2003, 10:56 PM
I really have no idea how it would be done. I'm sure it's possible, though.

Comments, anyone?

crono_logical
07-28-2003, 11:17 PM
I guess a modified version of the postbit to only show the username and stats and not the post or other junk around it would work, which could be done in the control panel.

Then you'd just need another page to somehow pull up the entire thread on one page instead of still splitting it into 30 per page or whatever you set your default as, which I'd guess would need a seperate PHP page/hack to ignore the page limit, since I can't see where that would be done form the control panel so assume it's in the PHP instead. Putting a &perpage=1000 in the URL seems to not work for me :p

The Man
07-28-2003, 11:42 PM
the latest vbulletin seems to cap out at 200 for the perpage thing... i've just got it set to show 100 posts per page by default here, anyway :P

oh, and http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=blarg (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=blarg) is probably what you're looking for ;)

Dr Unne
07-29-2003, 04:11 AM
Put everyone on the MB on your ignore list.

Peegee
07-29-2003, 09:58 AM
That removes their post contents, but not the person's avatar/custom title/box area? I'm going to put you on my ignore list and find out

*goes*

Citizen Bleys
07-29-2003, 12:19 PM
Am I the only one left who doesn't have Unne on ignore?

crono_logical
07-29-2003, 03:30 PM
I've only ever used ignore on myself to see what it does :p

The Man's link looks interesting :p (after replacing with a valid threadid number, that is :p )

m4tt
07-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Citizen Kane
Am I the only one left who doesn't have Unne on ignore?

No. Brian is cool. :)

The Man
07-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
I've only ever used ignore on myself to see what it does :p

The Man's link looks interesting :p (after replacing with a valid threadid number, that is :p ) heck, it USED to be on the thread templates but then someone removed it, I always thought it was useful but apparently it was related to "post count whoring" so it got axed ;/

and of course I don't have Unne on ignore, he's one of my favourite posters here :p