PDA

View Full Version : ::FF8 Female Gamerz::

Elliot Leonhart
07-29-2003, 07:41 AM
I was just curious. Could the female gamers here tell me what they find so interesting about FF8?

I'm amazed! I've never seen so many females that are interested in Final Fantasy than i've seen at this forum. It's tight!!! ("Tight" is a good thing lol)!;)

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 07:46 AM
I'm female, and I think it's one of the worst games in the series. Most girls are probably attracted by the love story, I'd assume...

Elliot Leonhart
07-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Hmm, that's interesting cuz i thought most girlz would hate the love story - cuz it's all about saving Rinoa's @$$ from er'thing.

PS - If I waz Squall, i wouldn't mind saving that @$$ either...:p hahaaaaa!!

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 07:55 AM
I would've left Rinoa behind. I don't like shallow, self-centered women like her. She spent far too much time worried about herself, she didnt much care when Seifer was thought dead, and her Forest Owls gig was a brave front for what was little more than a spoiled brat trying to get back at daddy.

Elliot Leonhart
07-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Hahaha! Word! I liked Rinoa cuz...

...i dunno i guess i jus did. But if I could choose a best friend of the 3 main ff8 chicks, i'd pick Selphie! She's so lively and energetic. Someone like Selphie would be priceless to be able to chill wit on a bad day!

U know wut i mean!?

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 08:05 AM
*nods* If you like Rinoa, that's fine. I just don't. And Selphie is fun, but she can get a bit annoying... I guess I'd get along best with Quistis. I like intellectuals.

Elliot Leonhart
07-29-2003, 08:13 AM
Jeah, I understand!

If I could pick four FFLadies to hang with on a Friday Nite, i'd go wit:

Quistis- Intellectual, like you said.
Rinoa- Cuz in real life she'd prolly be a fine @$$ woman!
Selphie- Joyful and Lively!
Tifa- Cuz she can kick some major @$$ with them fistz.

Khemetian_Netcheret
07-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Elliot Leonhart
I was just curious. Could the female gamers here tell me what they find so interesting about FF8?

I'm amazed! I've never seen so many females that are interested in Final Fantasy than i've seen at this forum. It's tight!!! ("Tight" is a good thing lol)!;)

Seriously, you want to know why a lot of girls (not every girl) are interested in FF8? I like this game because of Squall. And I like it because of the love story in it.

Elliot Leonhart
07-30-2003, 02:37 AM
Okay! That makes sense, since most girls love Squall...

Aeris
07-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Yep, tis true! We do love Squall!! ^_^

At first, I didn't like this game because it wasn't like the previous Final Fantasy's at all. But later, as I got deeper into the story, I changed my mind about it. Not the love story part of it, but the story in general. Square did a great job with the storyline for this one, IMO. :)

remi07
07-31-2003, 05:32 PM
I like it cause its just a great story:)
But most of the time I don't like romantic stories that much, this one was good though!

Aya Nekoneko
08-01-2003, 01:10 AM
I liked the game because of the relationships. And not necessarily the love story between Squall and Rinoa mind you but the relationship that the characters shared with each other. It was just interesting.

Plus nearly all the characters rocked. I'll admit the entire orphanage part was a bit cheap (and unbelievable... in a bad way), but I actually overlooked that due to the characters (although I didn't like Irvine... hm).

Edea, Zell, Rin-chan, Seifer, Fuu-chan, Selphie, Quistis, etc. I loved them all! Save for Irvine, I guess.

Celes
08-01-2003, 09:45 AM
I also loved the game ff8 because of the story, and the relationships the characters had with each other, and their own unique personalities. They made the characaters like real people you would encounter everyday. I thought the characters day-to-day struggles were very believable, for instance, Quistis was intelligent but insecure, she liked Squall but she knew Squall didn't like her that way, and she got a little jealous when Rinoa was around. Zell was funny but a little obnoxious and a showoff at times, Seifer was bossy and conceited, Selphie was bouncing off the walls, Squall hardly ever spoke, and had issues with his father....all these things remind me of people I know in real life! That is what made the story so cool to me.

Imperia
08-01-2003, 03:42 PM
I don't hate the game, but I'm not that attracted to it. Despite it being a love story, I think the game portrays women in a horrible way by using Rinoa as the main example. You have butt-kickers like Quistis and Selphie, but the writers just made them wall flowers- as if, courageous women are unimportant (which they are not)... It's just a thought I had. Down with sexists!

Aya Nekoneko
08-01-2003, 09:32 PM
*scratches her head* I thought Rinoa had courage. Especially for someone who wasn't trained to be a SeeD or anything of the sort. The fact that she even followed along, be it for whatever reason, is reason enough to say that she was quite courageous, I think.

But I do agree that Quistis and Selphie should have gotten more... er, screentime? They were awesome characters and it felt as though they were being underappreciated by Square by just being included as a part of the pretty backdrop for about 80% of the entire game.

Kami
08-03-2003, 04:52 AM
I play it for the hot guys. :love: *drools*

Elliot Leonhart
08-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Hahahaha! ;)
I luuuv honest chikz! heh

zacks_clone
08-03-2003, 04:47 PM
:love: :: cough :: Irving :: cough :: :love:

Misfit
08-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Aya Nekoneko
I liked the game because of the relationships. And not necessarily the love story between Squall and Rinoa mind you but the relationship that the characters shared with each other. It was just interesting.

Plus nearly all the characters rocked.
*agrees with that* ^_^' And Squall. I mean, who couldn't like him? There's just that something about him. :love: Gah! Why do you have to be fake?! *looks at a Gackt picture* Well... maybe you are real. @_@' :love:

Lenne
08-04-2003, 09:14 AM
I'm also female;) , and it's because of the relationsships, too. I think FF8 had the most complex story, relationships and many surprises!
I don't really care about a love story, but about a war within the characters theirselfes (thinking of Squall), it's really interesting. nevertheless a fascinating gameplay:eek: !

Hm, I think it's interesing: the most FF8 I know are female...

Elliot Leonhart
08-05-2003, 12:14 AM
*agrees with that* ^_^' And Squall. I mean, who couldn't like him? There's just that something about him. :love: Gah! Why do you have to be fake?! *looks at a Gackt picture* Well... maybe you are real. @_@' :love:

What is it about Squall that chicks love so much about him hahaha. I know hiz design makes him look good...

...but really what is it about him??;)

Aya Nekoneko
08-05-2003, 12:49 AM
He's stoic. For some reason, girls seem to love guys who are stoic (although I doubt that this applies in real life... secretive people can be really boring). It's just this... wow factor.

Plus we all know he's a wittle cuddle kitten underneath that quiet, isolated self. XDDD Just ask Rin-chan. =D

Beatrice
08-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Oh, it was definately because of Squall.

I dunno. It was so real to me. The characters seemed to just pop right out, and I sometimes felt that I was right there, that I was part of their group. I'm not a sap fan, but the romantic story was nice. It was more of how everyone grew that fascinated me. And all the intricate facets of the game, how everything just tied together.

TakaX2
08-05-2003, 10:14 PM
For me, the first reason is the love story (hopeless romantic syndrome). The second is hot guys. Squall's my number one favorite guy, hot, strong, and really caring and loving after he's out of his shell. Seifer's my next favorite. Although he may be a little hotter than Squall, the evil knight thing totally ruined him. Third is Zell. He's hot too and the whole martial arts thing is sweet, but then again in his FMV his smile freaked me out a bit. Third, Rinoa. She's the best girl in any FF game (don't hurt me, I haven't played them all yet!).

Elliot Leonhart
08-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Agreed! Rinoa iz tight. She's one of those girlz who I wish I could get to know. You know what i'm sayin'? Her and Selphie, i could spent eternity with them and never grow tired of it...:D

But not too many girlz have love for Selphie... am i rite?

TakaX2
08-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Selphie' s a good character, but in the game, you don't know enough about her. If you don't put her in your party, you barely talk to her. How can she be a favorite character if you don't really talk to her at all?

On the 'why do girls like FFVIII' topic, being a hopeless romantic I have to mention couples and people first. But another main reason I like FFVIII is because of the gameplay. A lot of times I think guy stereotype girls. I mean, just because we're girls doesn't mean we don't like swearing and kicking monster ass. Guys often think girls gossip and like pink. In another thread, a fellow poster called me a guy, but he was a supporter so it's cool.

Elliot Leonhart
08-05-2003, 11:15 PM
Hahaha that's cool!

The only girlz I like are the onez who swear and kick monster @$$ hahahaha. But Selphie is my favorite b'cuz she can lift anyone's spirit at the worst of timez. It's alwayz nice to be around someone who'z optimistic during hard time$...

I know you feel me...
Some say she'z annoyin but it's better than being around a girl who'z silent!

Beatrice
08-06-2003, 03:59 AM
Selphie was a ton of fun. I loved her the moment she bumped into Suall. ^,^

remi07
08-06-2003, 04:56 AM
I like Selfie! She reminds me of my best friend in many ways. How could I not like Selphie? That'd be like me not likin my best friend!^.^

Elliot Leonhart
08-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Yeah, Selphie waz my favorite female FF8 character even though she didn't really have anything to do with the story except for when Trabia Garden got messed up!

But anywayz, do anymore female gamerz wanna share their opinionz.

deathknight 666
08-06-2003, 08:51 PM
I haven't seen any FF female gamer ever in my life.I'd really like to meet one.There is a friend of mine who also would like meeting a female ff fan.:D :D

TakaX2
08-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Well, I'm a female gamer and if you look at the responses, there are many others out there and many many more who don't come to these forums or even know they exist. About meeting you, I don't think people are going to actually search you out. Sorry. But you can probably talk to some female gamers, if that's anything to you.

soulICE
08-08-2003, 04:00 AM
newbie here *gasp*

squall is the stereotype for the "tall dark and handsome" look that most girls (ie. me) drool over..

not only does it have the love story but i liked how it wasnt the one and only theme.. would get too dull, so throw in a couple wars, chaotic sorceresses and that whole confusing time compression problem to keep the game interesting.

heh.. most other gaming sites is all guys, least theres a change here, heh.

oh, i like irvine the best. easy limit break, upgrades, and i hate to admit but i like tall men =X

ehhh ill just shut up now..

Elliot Leonhart
08-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Hahaha, :cool: ...no pleaze go on!
(No sarcasm!)

Celes
08-09-2003, 02:24 AM
I liked Selphie, she was cool. She managed to cheer almost everyone up at one time or another. She was a good friend in the game, and she was still optimitstic even though Trabia Garden was destroyed. Plus her and Irvine would make the cutest couple. ;)

soulICE
08-09-2003, 04:03 AM
her happiness was almost TOO much.. but not quite sickening. haha i almost feel jealous of her because irvine likes her. notice how i say ALMOST. im not that obsessive of my games yet.... not yet.

Ariel
08-09-2003, 12:34 PM
FFVIII just has a lot of things going for it, for me, anyways. The storyline is interesting, plot holes and all. There are some great characters in it, like Squall, Quistis, Edea, Laguna, Seifer, Selphie... I didn't dislike any of the other characters that much, though Irvine and Cid got on my nerves. The battle system was fun, too.

The love story didn't really pull me into the game. I'm more of a Quistis fan than a Rinoa one, and there was a lot more to it than just those two getting together, besides. Oh, yeah, and Squall is spiffy eye candy. xD *flees*

Materia Hunter Yuffie
05-17-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm a girl and I love FFVIII. It was my 2nd FF. I liked the plot, most of the music, and the characters (except Rinoa.)

RSL
05-17-2006, 02:31 AM
Please do not revive threads that haven't had a post in over two years.

Thank you :)