PDA

View Full Version : island in the sky

Diakarma
07-29-2003, 04:17 PM
im stuck on the island in the sky at the moment, and went through the gae too fast, is there a way back down?

the enemys are kicking my ass, i cant even win one battle to gain EXP

don't ask for my levels etc because i can't be assed to go and check

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 04:19 PM
Not right away. There's a point near the end where you can jump off. Otherwise, you have to train and level up there.

Flying Mullet
07-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Ditto on what TheAbominatrix said. If you're having trouble getting anywhere; if you have Shadow use skeans/edges if he has any, they will help take out the enemies. Also, try using espers in battle, like Maudin, they can be a lifesaver as well.

And on a final note, don't grab any treasure chests(the blue orbs in the walls). A couple of them have monsters in them that will whoop up on you if you're having troubles with the regular enemies on the island.

Strider
07-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Giving Shadow the Assassin will help a little, too. It'll randomly dispatch enemies, so use it against anything that's not part of the undead.

By the way, who's in your party?

Diakarma
07-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Ditto on what TheAbominatrix said. If you're having trouble getting anywhere; if you have Shadow use skeans/edges if he has any, they will help take out the enemies. Also, try using espers in battle, like Maudin, they can be a lifesaver as well.

And on a final note, don't grab any treasure chests(the blue orbs in the walls). A couple of them have monsters in them that will whoop up on you if you're having troubles with the regular enemies on the island.

i've done all i can!!! equiped al the goodweapons i have, used espers etc. and i can't even survive one battle... well maybe i can, but not many.

i might aswell start again unless someone can tell me a shortcut off the island?

m4tt
07-29-2003, 05:14 PM
The only way off the island is near the end. You have to go through pretty much 80% of the island to get off it. Or you could just go back to your last save.. unless it's on the island. :p

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Just work on leveling up. Stay near the save point, fight one battle, then save again. It'll be a bit time consuming, but once you start gaining levels it'll start getting easier.

Diakarma
07-29-2003, 05:28 PM
problem... 0 tents... so i cant keep curing my party, eventualy i'll run out of MP!!!

and yes my last save was on the island

TheAbominatrix
07-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Better learn osmose in a hurry.

Diakarma
07-29-2003, 05:31 PM
XD

never thought of that

Flying Mullet
07-29-2003, 05:36 PM
On that note, is you use rasp/osmose(the mp one) on the enemies that look like they're coming from light in the ground, it will kill them in one hit and you will get 350 or so magic points back. Very nice.

Kodos
07-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Had the same problem once =\ I think i either eventually made it because Shadow had the Assassin and i had lots of tents, or I restarted.. either way, I know how you feel and it's a bitch :eep:

The Man
07-31-2003, 02:45 AM
Osmose is quite possibly the best spell in the game.

Good luck with it =P