PDA

View Full Version : Loading times before battles in final fantasy origins?

Shizumi
07-29-2003, 09:53 PM
I played FF6 for psx, and before every battle (or when you open the menu, i dont really remember ^^;) there would be this kind of long wait, is this too in Final fantasy origins? if not, then i might consider buying it'

Thanks for replies

Flying Mullet
07-29-2003, 10:00 PM
No, Anthologies is notorious for having long load times. The battles and menus in Origins load a lot faster, almost as fast as a cartridge.

Sefie1999AD
07-29-2003, 10:28 PM
FF Origins' load times are excellent. The battles load up as fast as FFX's, if not faster (since there's no breaking glass). Saving is also almost instant, same for loading up games. Menus load quickly, all new screens load up quickly. :thumb: This is true for at least FF1. I haven't played much FF2, but its loading times should also be very short.

robfinalfantasy
07-30-2003, 02:31 AM
That is good to know. I am now even more anxious to buy this release.

LethalGeek
07-30-2003, 02:15 PM
You also have to consider that your NES games don't get bigger than 256K ROM and 128VRAM (or so) while SNES games are 16Mb. PSX has a memory of 512K, so the NES games can get preloaded right into memory while the SNES games have to be constantly loaded.

robfinalfantasy
07-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LethalGeek
You also have to consider that your NES games don't get bigger than 256K ROM and 128VRAM (or so) while SNES games are 16Mb. PSX has a memory of 512K, so the NES games can get preloaded right into memory while the SNES games have to be constantly loaded. But the games were remade with new graphics very similar to the SNES. Doesn't that mean that they occupy more memory?

Sefie1999AD
07-30-2003, 05:36 PM
The remake was heavily based on WSC version, not SNES. FF1 SNES doesn't even exist. The WSC ROM of FF1 is 4 MB, so it can't be loaded instantly into the memory. I checked the CD size of FF Origins, and it's about 200 MB, actually (I guess FMVs and the new music increase the size). However, I think it's more about the game programming than the size of the game.

robfinalfantasy
07-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
The remake was heavily based on WSC version, not SNES. FF1 SNES doesn't even exist. The WSC ROM of FF1 is 4 MB, so it can't be loaded instantly into the memory. I checked the CD size of FF Origins, and it's about 200 MB, actually (I guess FMVs and the new music increase the size). However, I think it's more about the game programming than the size of the game. Feel free to read my post again. I never said that it was based on the SNES. I said that the graphics were similar to that found in SNES games. The graphics in FF Origins are obviously much better than the NES and therefore must occupy more memory than an NES game.