PDA

View Full Version : Death Sentence

Kodos
07-30-2003, 03:02 AM
Ok, so I went and got Vincent's Ultimate weapon, all excited because, having played the game before, i knew it required kills before it would do more damage, and i figured i had killed quite a few guys with Vincent. Long story short I got the weapon and it did bout 800 damage, tried to kill more guys (killed like 200) and it now does about 1100 damage... exactly HOW MANY kills does it need before it starts getting good? I haven't been able to play lately because I'm just so damn mad :mad:

§håd0w
07-30-2003, 01:34 PM
a lot. like a couple thousand, close to 10,000. but then after that, it does 9999 all the time, so hook it up with mastered double cut, and ur set. o, and its death penalty, not sentence. death sentence is an attack in the game

Wolhay
07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
According to the Final fantast Online Strategy Guide the formula for the damage (most likely) is: (strength * 10) + (level * 10) + (enemies killed)

It looks like a lousy deal for a ultimate weapon to me but perhaps one can get a good deal of damage if one spends alot of time in the forests near Junon where you'll often meet five or so enemies in encounters.

§håd0w
07-30-2003, 02:30 PM
yeah. there and south of wutai works really good. alot of encounters in both.

TheSpoonyBard
07-30-2003, 02:52 PM
I find the best place to find loads of enemies is the forested area just outside the exit of Mt. Nibel. There you can find up to six Battery Caps (they look a lot like large mushrooms), and they have quite low HP so it's relatively easy to kill them.

Kodos
07-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Sorry, yes your right, Death Penalty. So each kill you make adds 1 damage.. you'd think they could've made it a little easier by making it like x5 or something..i mean that's alot of enemies to kill.

Well thanks, that's great advice everyone, maybe I'll go back and start workin on that :D Oh, and another good place is the Mithril mines, you always encounter a group of 4 or 5