PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball Techs

haravikk
07-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Okay, I'm trying to learn the tech Venom Tackle 3 from one of two teams for my defender Nuvy Ronso (not a good choice you think? She's mauled anything that's come near her so far and I haven't let a goal in since signing her on). Her stats are:

HP: 1817
SP: 40
EN: 20
AT: 19
PA: 22
BL: 16
SH: 3
CA: 3

Equipped Techs:
Pile Venom
Brawler
Nap Tackle
Venom Tackle 2

Key Techs:
Venom Tackle
Volley Shot
Tackle Slip

Available Techs:
Wither Shot
Venom Pass
Nap Pass
Wither Pass 2
Venom Tackle
Venom Tackle 2
Nap Tackle
Wither Tackle
Wither Tackle 2
Drain Tackle
Drain Tackle 3
Tackle Slip
Anti-Wither
Anti-Drain
Spin Ball
Grip Gloves
Brawler
Pile Venom
Pile Wither
Golden Arm
Super Goalie

This is really confusing me since she has Venom Tackle and Venom Tackle 2, Venom Tackle is one of her keys techs and she has a space (7 dashes) beneath Venom Tackle 2 which is where Venom Tackle 3 goes.

My only thoughts are that I need to get her Volley Shot first but I'm at a loss as to how I learn that from the computer who never use the tech, however when I mark a player with the tech it shows up in blue. During a game if the player marked by Nuvy Ronso uses Venom Tackle 3 then I press X when tech copy comes up, but the game simply makes a negative noise with no description of the problem. I figured maybe it's a difficult tech to get so I tried about 12 times in total (several games against two teams with three players having the tech being marked in various halves) to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Empathy
07-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Certain techniques only become available after gaining key techniques, but it sounds as if you knew that.

Volley Shot is a pretty hard tech to get as far as I know, at least before LV30 ...

Try Tech Find, I've never used it myself or ..just try and get lucky. Exhibition games vs. teams with the volley shot technique are usually useful.

About the error, this is something I don't think is explained in the tutorial or anywhere else. The "Techfind!" flashes red and blue, and usually if I hit "X" when it's red, I fail for what I thought was no reason, but when it's blue I usually gain the tech 99% of the time, and if I don't I get an error, e.g. "Bob's level is too low!"

Try hitting X when the "Techfind!" flashes blue, that should work.

haravikk
07-31-2003, 12:25 PM
What do you mean 'Techfind'? I assume you just mean Techcopy? Perhaps it's different for you since you'll have the US version I expect. However for me Techcopy doesn't really flash, it just changes from green to a more yellow-green I don't think the colour matters for me.

I will try exhibitions though, does anyone have an easy way to get the other player's to use volley shot? I can't seem to make my defenders go easy on them :D

haravikk
07-31-2003, 08:54 PM
Okay I did it the easy way since Volley Shot came up in the 3rd place prize for a tournament, I simply lost on purpose in the second tier, it was surprisingly difficult since I scored by accident from my goals lol. But eventually the right combination of strikers in goal and keepers up front and I got beat. I then just faced off for third place and got Volley shot that way.

But it's decided though, I couldn't get Venom Tackle 3 because of not having Volley Shot. I wish Blitzball had made that a little more clear or at least not highlighted it leading me to believe I could get it :(

Empathy
08-01-2003, 08:06 AM
yeah, Techcopy. My bad.

Tech find is something that..does stuff. o_O