PDA

View Full Version : Atma Weapon

robfinalfantasy
07-31-2003, 05:21 AM
What did you think of the Atma Weapon compared to the Ultima/Omega Weapon? Was it much of a challenge? Were you disappointed?

final boss
07-31-2003, 12:19 PM
Do you mean the one on the Floating Land? If so, no. Terra was the only one with Osmose and Rasp, so I made Mog and Locke learn those spells. I got Terra morph, and I repeadtly used Rasp and Osmose. And he went DOWN. So no it wasn't even TOUGH.

TheAbominatrix
07-31-2003, 12:22 PM
His toughness has varied depending on how skilled I was at the time, but I always liked him. He's one of my favorite bosses.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Atma Weapon is Ultima Weapon. "Atma" is just a lousy mistranslation.

BG-57
07-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Atma Weapon 1 (on the Floating Continent) was easy compared to some of the other bosses in that dungeon (Mr. 'Throat-Jab' springs to mind).

Atma Weapon 2 (in Kefka's Tower) was easier, since my whole party knew Ultima, and made mincemeat of it in no time.

Ultima Weapon was the toughest for me, because my party was still at lower levels with not every GF and skill available.

Omega Weapon took longer than Ultima, but my party was maxed out with items, skills, GF's, etc...so it was slightly easier than Ultima.

The FFVIII Weapons required a ton of more advanced planning than the FFVI Weapons.

BTW, ever notice that the Ultima Weapons never really are the ultimate weapons? There's always a stronger monster somewhere in the game. :greenie:

robfinalfantasy
07-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Atma Weapon is Ultima Weapon. "Atma" is just a lousy mistranslation. It may be a lousy translation, but it sure doesn't deserve the title Ultima Weapon. The Omega Weapon from FF5 was much harder than this guy. I understand that Omega is always stronger than Ultima but not by that much.

Flying Mullet
07-31-2003, 02:53 PM
Atma Weapon was very hard the first time I played the game. I wasn't prepared at all for him meteor(I think) attacks and all. But after my first time through I knew what to expect from him so he wasn't that hard.

I also agree that "Mr. Throat Jab" is much more irritating.

Ocaj
08-01-2003, 09:40 AM
omega is harder to defeat then exdeath, so I think that omega deserves his title.

dunno if it is just as hard as neoexdeath.

MJN SEIFER
09-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Atma" is just a lousy mistranslation.

Kishi is Right again!! (Thank you Obvious!) I'm petty sure That In Japan Ultima is "Artima" (No not "Artima as in God of the Moon OR The Salior Moon character :P) And since FF6 Suffers from Squashed Names (Can you Say "Phnxdwn"?) I Think that's the Root of the mistake "A(r)T(i)MA

Cz
09-06-2003, 02:41 PM
Atma/Ultima on the floating continent was a fun battle. I can't remember the level at which we fought, but it was a refreshing challenge after a string of easy bosses. I can't remember Fighting Atma in Kefka's tower, but I think it was easier, due to gross amounts of levelling up beforehand.

Christmas
05-12-2022, 11:13 AM
I level up like a motherfucker to the haxxor max so everything became easy. So i get my party to fight each other during the Atma's fight for a challenge. :bigsmile: