PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about imp armor...

Celes
07-31-2003, 10:13 AM
Is it true if you become and imp, and equip all the imp armor and the imp halberd, you are actually more powerful than if you are human and equipped with regular armor? If anyone has tried this please tell about it. ;)

m4tt
07-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Yes, it is true!

robfinalfantasy
07-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Both your attack and defense become 255. Also you either deal water damage or are protected from water or both. I can't remember. The negative thing about being an imp is that you cannot do anything but attack, use items, and cast imp.

Atma Weapon
08-02-2003, 05:38 AM
The super imps do work, but they're not really worth the trouble. It's better to get near 255 attack and defense with 100% or more in magic block from normal arms and armor and then use the offering/genji glove or gem box/quick/economizer. Human forms can do much more damage with multiple hits than super imps can do with one. FYI you can get all the imp equips by beating tyranasaurs in the forest north of the veldt and betting the Impl halberds they drop. Keep betting the equipment you win from the colloseum and you can collect the whole set.(or 4 sets;)) I hope that helped:)

Celes
08-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Thank you everyone. :) Your information really helped.

GogoTheMimic
08-12-2003, 04:02 AM
I know people who've went through the entire game as all imps. >.<

crono_logical
08-12-2003, 09:32 AM
That doesn't seem possible, since you can't become an imp at an early enough stage of the game :p What's the earliest they made their party all imp and tried to keep it that way? :p

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 04:53 PM
You learn Imp from Stray, which you get after you find Terra at the top of Zozo. And you don't fight any enemies that turn you into an imp sooner than that, so I would say that the earliest that you could start an all-imp party would be when you get ready to do the opera house.

This sounds like an interesting challenge that I might have to try. Plus the though of all of the characters being imps during the whole game sounds pretty funny.

GogoTheMimic
08-24-2003, 12:51 AM
I meant that they were imps from the earliest point possible. :P

ForeverZeroUltima
09-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by GogoTheMimic
I meant that they were imps from the earliest point possible. :P

oh, well then, that will be the part of the game where you get Celes, cuz she learns Imp by herself.

and by the way, where DO you get all the imp items?

Outsider
09-06-2003, 07:51 PM
In the WoR... It's not hard to find. I remeber I found all of them, and I wasn't even looking.