PDA

View Full Version : Banned user?

Sita Atis
07-31-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm posting this on behalf of Shadow Nexus who says that when he tries to post on eoff, he gets "The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here" but when he clicks, no email direction appears.

He has asked people from his region to look at the forums but apparently the administrator has banned the whole city.

"I have been IP banned, along with Vaulan Ignis (A friend that has...uh....two posts?) and every person I have asked in the region of Barcelona"

Citizen Bleys
07-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Eh, whoever we were aiming at banning in the first place has probably gone away by now.

I'll see if I can't find the IP and unban it. I'll leave it that way as long as we don't have any problems.

EDIT: Except I can't, because every time I try to view IPs for Shadow Nexus, I get a 404.

EDIT2: Yes I do know that the last IP used *does* show up in a user's profile, but that number is 193.xxx.yyy.zzz, and there are *no* banned IPs in the 193 range.

The Man
07-31-2003, 11:24 PM
You could probably do a search for his posts and look at the IPs for each of them, tedious though that would be.

(If you want me to do the dirty work, I'd more than gladly take a temporary promotion to do so ;))

Citizen Bleys
07-31-2003, 11:27 PM
And then the staff would stake me out in the desert and make wolves chew my guts out. No dice.

The Man
07-31-2003, 11:28 PM
It was worth a shot. ;)

Peegee
08-01-2003, 12:21 AM
In other words, I think one of the staff (Bobby) will do it :)

Garland
08-02-2003, 02:55 AM
I can't imagine a troublemaker so vile that banning the entire city of Barcelona was the only way to save the forum. It's amazing the things I miss when I disappear for a while.

Citizen Bleys
08-03-2003, 11:33 PM
If I knew which IP range was Barcelona, I'd unban it right now.

I need more information to solve this problem.

Shadow Nexus
08-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Hello. I am posting from Manresa, another region. Just wanted to say that the last time I tried (That was the day before yesterday) I still showed up as banned >_<

I'll try to find more information on this. I'll have someone send my IP to one of the admins. Thanks anyway.

I can't imagine a troublemaker so vile that banning the entire city of Barcelona was the only way to save the forum.

Well, we're all evil.

Doomgaze
08-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Clearly.

Citizen Bleys
08-04-2003, 07:51 PM
you can send the IP to citizenbleys@eyesonff.com...Just any IP from barcelona--I should be able to track down the range that it's in fairly quickly.

Shadow Nexus
08-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Thank you very much, I'll send it as soon as I can.