PDA

View Full Version : System volume controll virus

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2003, 12:57 AM
Just today right out of nowhere I got an AVG virus warning saying I got a virus in a file in my system volume directory called "Spreader". I ran AVG virus scanner to see if I can spot it but after my disk got scanned no viruses were found, then a half hour later the same thing came up, I ran AVG again and the same thing happened as last time. Should I worry?

Dr Unne
08-01-2003, 02:10 AM
If your antivirus program says you have a virus, then yes, worry. Google for the name of the virus it reports.

crono_logical
08-01-2003, 02:12 AM
I'd update the scanner to make sure it either get's rid of it properly so it doesn't keep reappearing if it is a virus, or to stop it detecting the false positive if it isn't.

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2003, 02:53 AM
I updated the scanner and pefromed a full scan and still nothing, I di a google search on the spreader virus and I got no results.

crono_logical
08-01-2003, 02:58 AM
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/kompu.shtml

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2003, 03:03 AM
Well I can't seem to get rid of it, I get a pop up saying that AVG detected a virus in the system volum directory, so I did a completes can and i got nothing even after I updated, then a few minutes later I get the same warning.

Endless
08-01-2003, 03:07 AM
Go to your directory options, the go to the display tab, then check "show hidden and system files" and uncheck "hide protected operating system files", then run your scan again.

Erdrick Holmes
08-01-2003, 03:31 AM
Just did hat. Still no virus found. Is it possible for a virus to just go away on its own?