PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...very interesting...

Alpha
08-01-2003, 01:51 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfantasy12/news_6072660.html

" The producer, Yasumi Matsuno, said that Final Fantasy XII might surprise fans of the series, since the title will be unlike any other game in the series."

What do you think this means? Could it be a new battle system, or a new way to present the story, or somethin like that?

I personally think they'll change the way you fight. Maybe they'll make it into a Chrono Trigger like system where enemys are fought where ya find them. Any other idea's?

-N-
08-01-2003, 02:44 AM
I really hate saying this (actually I don't, because otherwise I wouldn't say it :D), but they've said that every single frickin' time, and yes, structurally they have changed, but I wouldn't expect anything that actually enhances the gameplay.

Alpha
08-01-2003, 03:06 AM
Well, I still wouldn't be suprised if my prediction were true. Almost all of thier recent games have been under that principle. (KH, FF11, FFCC)

robfinalfantasy
08-01-2003, 03:12 AM
They are most likely going to introduce some new kind of customizable system. They did that kind of thing with many of their titles.
FF2 introduced universal characters capable of mastering anything.
FF3 introduced jobs.
FF6 introduced learning magic from espers.
FF7 introduced the materia system.
FF8 introduced the junction system.
FF10 introduced the "make your own ability" system. (I don't know the proper name :()

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-01-2003, 03:31 AM
The first FF introduced jobs. FFIII just expanded upon the concept, particularly with the ability to change jobs at will.

robfinalfantasy
08-01-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
FFIII just expanded upon the concept, particularly with the ability to change jobs at will. That is what I was referring to. ;)

edczxcvbnm
08-01-2003, 04:49 AM
From what I understand they are going to incorporate ideas that are in FF tactics advance. Who knows what that means. I doubt the game will play like chess but I think the idea of the way the do classes will be in there to an extent and how you earn expericence from each action you do. If those are in there then it could make for some nice leveling up because your fool does not always have to survive the whole battle.

robfinalfantasy
08-01-2003, 09:45 PM
I don't think FF12 will have classes even if there are new ideas since FF11 already had classes.

Garland
08-02-2003, 02:50 AM
I say don't fix what isn't broke. Most of the "innovation" of the last few games was for the worse in my oppinion. After all, people are buying a "Final Fantasy" title, and rightfully expect to see the staple elements of the series. Ah well. I only hope that the differences being referred to are only in the battle system, since that's the only part of Final Fantasy that's really evolved over the years.

ZeZipster
08-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Hmmm. I think I'll save my anti-SquareEnix rantings untill I know exactly what the changes are.

inlineskating29
08-20-2003, 01:47 AM
i heard ff12 is out and u can download it on napster 2

if it is true were u get nap 2 and is it in english

and alpha dont reply to my message i dont like your repplys

but i would want to jooin you clan in ff11

Alpha
08-20-2003, 02:34 AM
and alpha dont reply to my message i dont like your repplys

wha?...

elemental-force
08-23-2003, 12:03 AM
any one played unlimited saga. it sure sucks if every square enix games ends up like that then we are screwed