PDA

View Full Version : You're A Hard Item To Find.

Strider
08-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Has anyone ever had incredibly bad luck in trying to pick up a certain item, for no reason at all? Yesterday, I was trying to Morph a Ghost Ship so I could get what I needed against Emerald Weapon, but it took me freakin' forever before I finally pulled it off. I probably killed a dozen of them before I finally got what I wanted.

On the bright side, I gained about 5 levels in the process. :D But yeah, what about all y'all?

PhoenixAsh
08-01-2003, 08:36 PM
You know sense works wonders....

Took me a while to get a blue chocobo the first time. Oh and the Key Sector 5 gave me trouble once I think.

Strider
08-01-2003, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I used Sense. For one reason or another, I always killed the thing, though. It was annoying.

Master.Pug
08-05-2003, 08:13 PM
its sooo easy to morph the Ghostship!

just use your lvl.4 suicide enemyattack(i don't know if the german translation is correct, but I just retranslated the attackname now;) ) 2 times and morph him!
it is soo easy ;)

o_O
08-06-2003, 12:29 PM
My first time through, I found Alexander by accident, so the second time, it took me forever to find it again, 'cause i didn't know how to use that map.

Spatvark
08-06-2003, 05:07 PM
I had problems with the ghost ship too; having only one person with the Morph materia equipped,it just happened to keep using that damn move that removes the person from the battle on that one person. Drove me fricking nuts, I swear.

Flying Mullet
08-06-2003, 05:12 PM
I know Movers aren't items but it seems like when I go there to power up they are nowhere to be found, yet if I run through on my way to the bottom of the crater I hit them every battle. Go figure.

jorwisgar
08-07-2003, 04:52 PM
That Lunar Harp thing, I still can't get it.

Max
08-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by jorwisgar
That Lunar Harp thing, I still can't get it. Luner Harp,dig right up next to the sleeping forest you will Definetly find it;)

BG-57
08-17-2003, 05:04 AM
I can't get Zombie Dragons to cast Pandora's Box on my party. I've fought and killed them by the dozens. I'm starting to suspect my party is simply too high in levels and I'll have to start over with a new game. :mad2:

Rainecloud
08-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Digging in Bone Village can be quite a chore, sometimes.

Catching a Chocobo sometimes proves to be quite difficult, especially when I'm not concentrating.

Strider
08-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Oh yeah, Alexander. I've never been able to find it, but I've never really bothered to, either.

§håd0w
08-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Master.Pug
its sooo easy to morph the Ghostship!

just use your lvl.4 suicide enemyattack(i don't know if the german translation is correct, but I just retranslated the attackname now;) ) 2 times and morph him!
it is soo easy ;)

over 75% of the time, hes not at a lv. thats a multpile of 4. thats y there needs to be a stock break (like in FFIX with beatrix)

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 09:32 AM
get gravity materia to lvl 3.Use Demi 3s and when his hp is getting really low just swotch to demi,demi kills it slower,then have someone morph.

A'la needed card

Sephex
08-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by o.O
My first time through, I found Alexander by accident, so the second time, it took me forever to find it again, 'cause i didn't know how to use that map.

I hate that place.

Wolhay
08-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Magic Counter can be a bastard item to get your hands on as the possibility that it's one of the prizes that will be randomized is random in the chocobo races. That is two bloody random variables!
Chocobo racing is really not my cup of tea and I've never had the patience to get Magic Counter and I don't think that I'll ever will.

I can't get Zombie Dragons to cast Pandora's Box on my party. I've fought and killed them by the dozens. I'm starting to suspect my party is simply too high in levels and I'll have to start over with a new game.
Try to give him an (turbo) ether if you haven't already.

I had problems with the ghost ship too; having only one person with the Morph materia equipped,it just happened to keep using that damn move that removes the person from the battle on that one person. Drove me fricking nuts, I swear.
It's even more annoying when he toss your character out of the special round in the battle arena.

§håd0w
08-18-2003, 04:35 PM
how low does demi 3 reduce hp to? i never use it, cuz i kill monsters usually in one turn

soulICE
08-18-2003, 08:28 PM
demi 3 takes off 3/4 of the target's total HP.

and about morphing, yuffie's conformer(found in the gelinka) makes it alot easier. if shes strong enough, she can morph an enemy in one hit..

the blitzer
08-18-2003, 09:21 PM
I tried to fight the Zolom to learn Beta. But he won't use it. Getting the Lunar harp was a pain as well.

soulICE
08-18-2003, 09:34 PM
i think the zolom has to be in critical health in order to do the Beta enemy skill. try using demi(1/2/3) on it to get its HP down without killing it. for me, i had to do this for it to finally do the beta. i used to wait awhile to see if zolom will just do it on its own, but i usually end up in a panic to kill it, cause it just did the move where it kicks one of your characters out twice :grr:

DarkNation
08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
The Midgar Zolem has 4,000 HP and it will only use Beta when its HP is under 1,000. There you go.

§håd0w
08-19-2003, 12:57 PM
has anyone beat the zolom the first time arround? just an extra challenge if ur bored

Flying Mullet
08-19-2003, 04:27 PM
I beat him but only after an insane amount of leveling. I had learned Fire2, Bolt2 and Ice2 all before I had left Midgar. Granted I also had 15+ hours logged in by the time I hit the chocobo farm. But yeah, I beat him but I would have to be really bored to go through with it again.

§håd0w
08-19-2003, 04:54 PM
yeah, i was in kalm and cloud was only lv. 9, so i had to some desperate leveling too

Blathnaid
08-19-2003, 11:50 PM
I've never really had any trouble finding any items. Pretty lucky I suppose :aimgrin:.

However, I've never been able to locate the damn Alexander materia, which is one of the only items I can't find (don't ask me to name others, because I lost my paper). It's beginning to tick me off.

§håd0w
08-20-2003, 12:58 AM
u gotta beat that snow lady or whatever her name is, at icicle village (after doing the snowboarding game)

one_winged_angel
08-20-2003, 07:24 PM
I hate doing the chocobo breeding and lunar harp 1st time round

to the demi 3 thing im not sure if it actually works i seem to remember sometimes in not working and sometimes it working, but if you cast reflect on all of your party then do demi on em all it does demi 3 times on the enemy

and alexander is very easy to get if you know how, I think there was a thread a while back that said and if not check the eoff faq type thingy

§håd0w
08-21-2003, 11:21 PM
i gave up on gettin alexander the first time i played. cuz i ended up fainting because of the cold weather and then going to that guys house further up on the mountain. after about the 4th time of that i said screw it