PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy characters that should have been a couple....

Rinna Lee
08-02-2003, 05:40 AM
Sub says all. Tidus and Rikku. Yup yup....um maybe? :tongue:

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2003, 05:51 AM
Maybe. I dunno really... but I'm definitly a Terra and Locke fan. I just felt they'd be so much better than Locke and Celes... not that I dislike Celes at all.

Rydia and Edge should have hooked up...

Rinna Lee
08-02-2003, 05:59 AM
Rydia and Edge should have hooked up...

Ya I agree with that! ;)

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Edgar and Relm.

the blitzer
08-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Rydia and Edge.
locke and Celes.
Selphie and Irvine.

Rikku_658
08-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Tidus and Rikku, of course.

Freya Coral
08-02-2003, 08:28 PM
-Tifa and Vincent
-Selphie and Irvine
-Quistis and Seifer
-Amarant and Freya (as evidenced by my user name)
-Steiner and Beatrix

zacks_clone
08-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Freya Coral
-Tifa and Vincent
-Selphie and Irvine
-Quistis and Seifer
-Amarant and Freya (as evidenced by my user name)
-Steiner and Beatrix

Amarant/freya
Steiner/Beatrix
Selphie/Irving
Quistis/Sefier i agree with...but Tifa and Vincent?hmm...never thought of that...

Yuffie/Vincent

Sefie1999AD
08-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Kishi: Why? I thought you would have wanted it to be Kishi and Relm. xD

The Blitzer, Freya Coral: Locke and Celes became a couple as far as I know. Same for Steiner and Beatrix.

I agree with those who said Rydia and Edge. Amarant and Freya too. They seemed to work well together on various situations. Other couples:

- White and Black Mage from FF1 (8-Bit Theater style, although I doubt they'd become a couple even there :p)
- One of the Onion Kids and Princess Sara
- Butz with Lenna, Faris and Cara
- Eiko and Vivi (about 10 years after the game, when Eiko isn't as annoying a brat she currently is)

And if Sephiroth ever turned from a villain to a good guy, and both he and Aeris were revived, do you think Seph/Aeris relationship would work out?

Big D
08-03-2003, 04:04 AM
I've a few ideas, some of which have already been mentioned...

Freya and Amarant would've been good, if you can overlook the fact that they belong to different species. But, like most of FFIX's characters, they got no development except for their interaction with Zidane, so there wasn't even a chance to see their friendship grow.

Quistis and Squall also would've had some potential. That idea's been quite well explored in the FFVIII forum, so I won't bother repeating the reasoning here.

Rikku_658
08-03-2003, 11:45 AM
I think Zell and Selphie would have been good too, Freya and Amarant would have been cool as well, or how about Eiko and Vivi?

the blitzer
08-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
The Blitzer: Locke and Celes became a couple as far as I know.

To be honest I don't think they did. You never see there future lives and remember locke loves Rachel and Rachel is dead and I don't think Locke would want to go out with someone else.

To add to my list.
Arrament and Freya.
Vivi and Eiko.

TheAbominatrix
08-04-2003, 12:21 AM
Well Locke did move on. That was a big thing there. But no, it's not a sure thing that he and Celes got together.

Vermachtnis
08-05-2003, 05:47 AM
Rydia and Edge really should get together. He could always "Drop" something and see what she does.

Quitis and Seifer I agree really should.

Outsider
08-05-2003, 06:17 AM
Rydia and Edge would be nice.

Celes/Terra would be a great couple too *drolls*:D

§håd0w
08-11-2003, 06:19 PM
tidus...rikku, she did more for him than yuna will ever have done.

quistis...seifer, i dunno bout that one. hes a maniac, and she is a teacher who gets depressed easily. wouldnt work.

beatrix...steiner, it was cute how she always on-upped him

me...your mom, seriously though, it could happen.

cloud...aeris, she was better to him than tifa. tifa completely ignored him as a child, but still liked him

irvine...selphie, they did sorta have each other towards the end.

zell...hotdogs, alwasys eating them. wa... shit. i think ive gone a bit too far

Xander
08-11-2003, 11:56 PM
- Tidus and Rikku definately.. She helped him in the beginning, and when she was scared of the thunder he convinced the group to rest (I think I remember that right). Plus they always seem to talk a lot and get on really well. They sorta look right together too.
Plus Tidus is a fun-loving guy and Yuna is just too serious and worried about everyone else all the time..But he and Rikku would have fun together ^^

- Wakka and Lulu - they would have been sweet together.

- Tifa and Cloud I know they kinda were but I would have liked more to have happened with them and for them to be more close early on.. *I'm just a hopeless romantic* :P

Can't really think of anymore right now...

Aviva
08-12-2003, 05:15 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Wakka and Lulu already are a couple in FFX-2.

I also think Tidus and Rikku would've been a cute couple, especially when they were having that talk in Guadosalam about marriage ^^;; Zell and Selphie would've been great for each other too. And if Squall had opened up to her more, maybe Quistis and Squall.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Have none of you come up with some comedy couples

Freya and Garnet
Quina and Eiko
Reeve andAeris
Quistis and Seifer

HOOTERS
08-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Eiko and Steiner
Umaro and Strago
NORG and Ward
Queen Brahne and Emerald Weapon
Sephiroth and Jenova Birth
Reeve and Cait Sith
Ramuh and himself
Heidegger and Cannon
Headmaster Cid and six chocobos
Butz, Faris, the old guy and X-Death (all at the same time)

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 01:15 AM
reeve and cait sith. hahahahahaha :banme

Scar Face
08-15-2003, 03:48 AM
Quina and Zidane
Rinoa and Gerogero
Zell and 3 Imps
3 chocobos and a chocobo eater
Cecil and Milon
Odin,Gilamesh,and Yojimbo
Tidus and Sin
and Finally Headmaster Cid and Norg

Hehehehehe.....That is the funny couples.The good ones are Squall and Quistis
Tidus and Rikku
Nanaki and Aeris
Ultimecia and Seifer
and finally Cecil and Rydia

18Darkdragon
08-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Tifa and Aeris... sometimes there just a little to freindly
Eiko and Vivi just to young to get there grove on though
Maybe Seprh and Aeris they could work if he didnt kill her.

Edit by Kishi: Mark your spoilers.

musashius
08-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Really, I thought there should've been more development between Cloud and Tifa later on. Of course, the fact that not too much happened between Cloud and Tifa later on leaves the gamer to interpretation. However, I really believed that they really loved each other. *shrugs*

BG-57
08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Ramza and Meliadoul
Shiva and Ifrit
Kain and Rosa
Chadarnook and Starlet

Mighty Pirate Faris
08-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Edgar and RelM!?!? I am disturbed.
I picture Cyan and Terra together. I don't know why. I also don't know why Cyan is dressed like Sailor Moon.

Andrea
08-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Squall and Garnet.

Don't ask why.

;P

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 18Darkdragon
Maybe Seprh and Aeris they could work if he didnt kill her.

both of their fathers were enemies. and even if gast and aeris were still alive, i dont think wither father would aprove of it. but then again, hojo prolly would really give a shit who seph dated, but if it were the daughter of gast, then problems would arise eventually

18Darkdragon
08-16-2003, 04:12 AM
yea but it could have been a twisted Romeo and Juliet story some how

§håd0w
08-16-2003, 02:42 PM
oh my. i remembered how i failed that section in english terribly. some of the question had 4 answers, 3 of which were right, and my teacher kept changing the answer when he graded, so i got screwed over.

Kurohime
08-16-2003, 07:10 PM
Vincent and Sephiroth.
Reeve and Tseng.
Scarlet and Heidegger.
Kuja and Hojo. o_O!!!1
Zidane and... everyone. o.O

And if anyone REALLY gets those references, I will love you forever!! ;)

Aya Nekoneko
08-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Locke and Terra. When I first played, I was pretty sure they'd become a canon couple (before the entire Rachel segment) but I guess not. Not that Locke and Celes ever became a canon couple either.

Personally, I'm a little disturbed with pairings such as Freya x anyone who isn't a fellow rat, Vivi x anyone who isn't a fellow black mage (does Vivi even have a face...? he's just a black blob with a hat or something), and the like. It's a nice concept but if you really think about it... *scringe*

Outsider
08-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Vivi and Orko. (at least they look like each other):D