PDA

View Full Version : Battle Arena, Minus Cloud

Strider
08-02-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm sure everyone is aware that you can breeze through Battle Square at the Gold Saucer if you equip Cloud with the right stuff. But, has anyone ever used anyone else at Battle Square and acheived consistent success? If so, who'd you use and what'd you do?

m4tt
08-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Cid! I know a won a few times with him. I was never a big fan of the Battle Arena though.

Big D
08-03-2003, 03:31 AM
I've used every character. They make some interesting comments just before they go in...
I use similar tactics for each character, but some - Cid and Yuffie in particular - are better than others.

It's a little annoying that, even if Cloud never competes in the Arena, he's still the only one who gets chosen for the Special Battle.

TheAbominatrix
08-03-2003, 03:33 AM
Tifa has always been my ace, and she does incredibly well in the battle arena for me. I've tried to use everyone at one point or another, but Tifa is the best. Aside from Cloud, of course.

Zild
08-03-2003, 02:27 PM
Damn, it's been a long time...

I didn't even remember that you could use anybody else!

*Runs off to try Cait Sith...*

Heath
08-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Cait Sith is best for me, granted that is because of his materia set-up.

Wightraven
08-03-2003, 11:34 PM
I used to LOVE using Yuffie and Vincent.

I'd give Yuffie the items to keep away bad status (ribbons and suchlike) and then have her use Bloodfest or the other mulit-hit limit a lot.

I'd use Vincent with Chaos as his Limit and the ribbon. Did wonders.

DelightfulSpekkio442
08-04-2003, 04:01 AM
I always take into account the fact that you could lose your ability to use Materia or Items at almost any time. Yuffie is a good choice because of her healing Limit Break and powerful attacking Limits. Aeris is good for the same reason, but her lack of attack Limits can be a problem. Cloud and Tifa are tied in my opinion for the best attack Limits of anyone, but they can be in big trouble if they can't use Materia or Items to heal.

~MJE~

Master.Pug
08-04-2003, 06:01 AM
hehe :D it doesn't matter who is chosen! tactic matters:D

ever tried to give a char 3 Master-Magic Materia and combine it with Quadra, HP-ab, MP-ab??
use Ultima alot and you'll kill any guy while refilling your HP/MP;)

Brian The Pink Shark
08-07-2003, 07:27 PM
I used vincent a lot and he worked well

DarkNation
08-10-2003, 01:43 AM
You should always go on who has the best basic stats.The first few battles are always just pathetically easy and the only way to get over the 10,000 BP mark each time you go throught the arena is to get the bad handicaps for the last three fights. Break all materia works well, you need good hand eye coordination more than anyhting else in the arena to stop the reel on the handicap you want.You normally end up relying on nothing other than items and normal attacks when youre trying to get enough points for w-summon and omnislash.

§håd0w
08-11-2003, 05:57 PM
not necessarliy, i went though the normal battle with NO tissues, had easy ass handicaps (3 full cures, 3 status ailments that were canceled by ribbon, and 1 lucky 7) and got around 12,000 BP. i think it just has to do with how quick u battle, and how much damage u incure. i got through and didnt lose any hp, so i think that might have something to do with it, not the handicaps. but i dunno, it could be that too... im not saying ur wrong, but i just think otherwise. both could be right for that matter

sticking to topic on hand... ive got through with all the characters... even Aeris, and won all 8 matches. but i mainly use cloud or red xiii

Sefie1999AD
08-11-2003, 06:06 PM
I mostly used Red XIII because he had the best stats for me.

DarkNation
08-12-2003, 02:25 AM
not necessarliy, i went though the normal battle with NO tissues, had easy ass handicaps (3 full cures, 3 status ailments that were canceled by ribbon, and 1 lucky 7) and got around 12,000 BP. i think it just has to do with how quick u battle, and how much damage u incure. i got through and didnt lose any hp, so i think that might have something to do with it, not the handicaps. but i dunno, it could be that too... im not saying ur wrong, but i just think otherwise. both could be right for that matter

For a start its only a rumour that tissues have any effect on the battle arena, they dont.
And anyway, a good few people have actually worked out how the battle arena works and it is down to the handicaps, the harder they are, the more points you get.
It doent actually matter for the first few battles but the last 3 you should make sure to get bad ones like "all materia break" and youll rack up the points.Whats interesting is that if you get the same handicap more than once, it still has the same effect on your points therefoe the best way to go throught the battle arena is to get "all materia break" in all of your last 3 fights.

Numisma
08-12-2003, 03:10 AM
the handicaps determine your BP but they are worth different amounts of BP depending on when you get them. so, if your first handicap is break all materia, that's NOT going to bump up your BP all that much, but if your LAST handicap is break all materia, it's what, 10K BP? schweet!

§håd0w
08-14-2003, 11:48 PM
ok. that makes more sense.