PDA

View Full Version : FF5's hardest boss

the blitzer
08-03-2003, 05:17 PM
To me it has to be Omega. As he can easily thrash my party in only a few moves. I havn't even beaten him.

Sefie1999AD
08-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Omega's pretty hard unless you use Magic Sword with Bolt3 and X-Fight. I'd say Shinryu is even harder, though. It has tons of attacks that can really slaughter your party. It also has a lot of HP, and there's not a really easy way to kill it as far as I know. You have to beat it the hard way, with raw firepower and one major battle. Neo Exdeath is also quite hard if you're on lower levels, but my vote still goes for Shinryu.

EDIT: By the way, who's Averis? And is "Gilgame" referring to Gilgamesh or Gil Turtle (I think it was called Gil Game in some translation)?

the blitzer
08-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Averis is the earth shrine guardian. You know the one who can change his weakness and comes back to life when you kill him.

Gilgame is not Gilgamesh or Gil turtle [you never fight Gil]. Gil game is an oppenent in a cave in the 2nd world who appears radomly in the cave were you can pick up money. the cave is between Val castle and the Big bridge. It is not in world 3.

Just to make things clear. X-death is Exdeath in the PS1 version.

Flying Mullet
08-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Omega without a doubt.

Sefie1999AD
08-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by the blitzer
Gilgame is not Gilgamesh or Gil turtle [you never fight Gil]. Gil game is an oppenent in a cave in the 2nd world who appears radomly in the cave were you can pick up money. the cave is between Val castle and the Big bridge. It is not in world 3.

Ah. Yeah, that's Gil Turtle at least in the version I played. He was quite annoying and the battles against him were long, but you also got loads of money by walking to the end of the cave.

the blitzer
08-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Sephriroth1999AD I just told you that Gilgame is not Gil turtle. But from the sound of your post it seems you just called him that. Gil turtle is the wise 700 year old turtle that you meet after you get the submarine. I'm not trying to be rude here.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-05-2003, 12:20 AM
You're the one who's confused, Mr. The Blitzer. The sagacious 700-year-old turtle is Guido, or Gill, but never Gil. Gil, as you may surely recall, is the type of currency used in the Final Fantasy series, and "Gilgame" is Japanese for "Gil Turtle," although it's classier not to translate it that way.

the blitzer
08-05-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm afarid I'm not confused. I played the game I know. I left an l out of Gill, big deal. Gilgame may be Japanese for Gill turtle. But I know that oppenent I fought was called Gilgame. maybe you never have played the PS1 version. I never played any Snes or Nes games so I will use the PS1 names.

please can we only talk about who you think is the hardest boss and why in FF5. I like my threads to stick to there subject.