PDA

View Full Version : What were your favourite / least favourite parts of FFX? (BIG SPOILERS THROUGHOUT)

TheSpoonyBard
08-03-2003, 08:01 PM
I was just wondering what people thought were the best and worst parts of Final Fantasy X. Personally, my favourite part is the big arguement between Tidus and Rikku in the Summoner's Sanctum (Al Bhed's Home). The voice acting, paired with the music, make this a very emotional part of the game, and I like it when a game makes you feel something.

My least favourite part of the game is during the Bevelle Trials. All those moving patterns and the complete loss of direction always makes my head ache, but then again I've always had a problem with my head.

What do you think were the best / worst parts of FFX for you?

Maxico
08-03-2003, 08:33 PM
hmm. best? when you firdt find out the possiblitys of mix. y'know before it becomes practacly obsolete.

worst? 3 words. luca...laugh...scene. *dies*

Blackmage
08-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Best part would probably have to go to the Summoner's Sanctum scene. A close second would be the whole thing in Yunalesca's chambers.

The worst part...blitzball. :x_x:

Silent Warrior
08-04-2003, 06:44 PM
I have... *drumroll* TWO favourite moments in FFX.
1: After the Otherworld-thyng, :cool: when you're hounding about Baaj temple. A whole roomfull of atmosphere.
2: *Blink* Some DIDN'T like this moment? Oh well, all the same... The dialogue outside Yunalesca's chamber (aside from when Tidus screws it up) was all that I asked for when I played the game the first time.

... Aaah, phooey! I forgot! I have a THIRD favourite moment (not in any sort of order, mind you)! The cutscene before the second Seymore-fight. How Seymore just pops up like that... *Hiccup*

Hehe, *sweat* now for the worst bit. While I didn't care for Blitzball, I did stay away from it long enough. I never did like the Cloisters of trial. NONE of them. Bevelle in particular. I can't single out any big, singular piece that I didn't like (Whoa! First time in FF-history!)... That is, that I dislike with a vengeance. I suppose Yuna's voice-acting is a big enough issue to mention...

PhoenixAsh
08-05-2003, 02:40 AM
GOOD:
The religious commentary and backstory.
The graphics.
The advanced sphere grid.
The soundtrack.

BAD:
Yuna and Auron's stupidity and noone questioning their leadership.
The minigames (work of the devil).
The lack of freedom and exploration.
The Al Bhed acting the way they did with summoners.

Maxico
08-05-2003, 04:02 PM
WHAT??!!

no body but me (so far) hate the luca laugh scene.

DAMN

Tom Morello
08-05-2003, 06:28 PM
My favourite part was the very beginning when I was still under the impression that FFX was phenomenal

My least favourite part... everything after the first hour of the game, and waiting those few seconds holding the reset button for the ps2 to go on standby... those were the most agonizing few seconds of my life! :D

Radje
08-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Favourite: The amount of speech in battle always gives me a chuckle, the bit in home when tidus finds out yunas going to die and the ending sequence

least: Walking around the calms lands before you get a chocobo *shudders*

therealquigmaster
08-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Best: Ending video when Yuna falls though Tidus. So funny.

Worst: Gagazet the first time before the underground so boring... getting... sleepy...thinking...about... ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZz

Storm
08-06-2003, 05:52 AM
Favorites(made me laugh out loud because it was actually funny)
1. On the Bevelle Highbridge, when Kimahri runs up and stabs Seymour in the chest, and Seymour slowly looks down at the spear and says "Unpleasant".
2. When Seymour informs Kimahri that he destroyed his race. "Yours.....was truly a gallant race".
3. Biran and Yenke making fun of Kimahri.
4. In Zanarkand, when Wakka says "I can't believe we're going to fight lady Yunalesca. Give me a break."
5. In Luca, when Auron laughs at Tidus after Tidus blames everything on Auron.
6. Battle with Seymour Flux and Mortiorchis.

Least favorites(I'm embarassed I witnessed these)
1. The love scene between Tidus and Yuna. It might have been okay, but can you honestly keep a straight face when you see Tidus in those FMV's? It's impossible. In short, basically any FMV where you see Tidus' face was one of my least favorite moments.
2. When the team rides the airship wires into Bevelle. I cannot accept the fact that Lulu can do this.
3. "Every blitzer knows, when you got the ball, you gotta score!". The problem I have with this scene is understanding how Auron prevented himself from cutting Tidus' head off.
4. Yes, the laughing scene was ridiculous.
5. Being forced to play one game of Blitzball.

Wrexsoul
08-06-2003, 06:05 PM
I loved the part in Luca after the Blitzball tournament: when the monsters attack and they show Auron in all his FMV glory.:cool:

There are more than one that I didn't like, though...

Tidus' voice got annoying sometimes. Just a little.
The Tidus/Yuna laughing scene...! I positively CRINGED.
And to this day, I've never been able to watch the romance scene in its entirety.

...FFX had quite a few unbearably cheesy parts.

ChrissyBSB2000
08-07-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I never could get over the laughing scene... The cloister of trials was definately one of the worst parts of the game... I almost turned the game off after seeing the Bevelle trials... But I think one of the funnier moments was when Tidus went to tell everyone that Seymour went to the Macalania temple except he says "Macarena" temple then when someone corrects him he says "aye". That was a little freaky, but it did make me laugh.
The first fight with Seymour was also pretty cool, and I like when they're on trial in Bevelle, too. Was Yuna's voice really that annoying?

jochirin
08-14-2003, 04:40 PM
best things: ending movie and whne i found out about seeing all movies and listening to all the music in the theater in luca

HATE: Seymour i just HATE his WOICE and he locks like a F** SON OF A BI***.... and i actualy think that stupid outfit makes him lock fat... thoug i know he is not fat...
damn i hate that guy... i wish i could kill him a few more times... i just dont think he got enough beeting after 8 times... thoug no way am i gona make a new game just becaus of that.......

Daedalex
08-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Favorite Part: Operation Mihen and Zanarkand(end of game, not beginning.)

Worst Part: Watching Tidus cry at the end. I almost laughed when I saw that.

Shayo
08-15-2003, 07:31 PM
loved: blitzball, types of weapons used, aeons, overdrives, only one person can summon,

hated: seymours voice, that when u fight (spoiler) yevon u always have auto life, so many secrets but u can never figure out how to get them without a guide

tippucat
08-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Sorry I can't add much more then: Blitzball is awful. Spoiled the game for me. I cannot get the hang of it. Or, can't be bothered to get the hang of it?

Andrea
08-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Best part: The ending, it was extremly touching, and Yuna's speech made me feel, well, strong. However, the voice acting somewhat ruined it for me.

Worst Part: Whenever I had to fight Seymour, don't get me wrong, I like him, but DAMN can't he just die once!. Oh yeah, and the scene were poor Yuna is forced to kiss him.

FFboy4ever
08-20-2003, 03:43 AM
My favorite part would be...no question in the al bhed place when tidus finds out that yuna would die destroying sin...the emotion was so powerful.. and i also like it when seymour gets sent..hahaha die seymour!!
My least favoirte part would be the opening when tidus gets to spira and he's in that cave thingy...*hated it*ZZzzz....I really hated it when auron got sent:cry:

Daedalex
08-20-2003, 03:47 AM
Yeah I hated the Baaj temple area too. The swimming and all. I LOVE the main hall of Baaj Temple though. The atmosphere in that room in great.

Breine
08-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Favourite:

I liked all the FMVs... especially the love scene between Yuna and Tidus.

Least Favourite:

The trial of Bevelle is boring. And I didn't like the Thunder Plains either...

FifthElement
09-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Best: The thing in home where Tidus finds out that Yuna's going to die.

Worst: Laughing scene.