PDA

View Full Version : ok... predictions people

Maxico
08-03-2003, 08:45 PM
so well its kinda self explanitory and since we dont really have any concrete... stuff. what predictions do you have for ff12. so... yeah

edczxcvbnm
08-04-2003, 04:14 AM
I predict that it will go down and unite all FF gamers with a common agreement that this is the best FF game EVER!

Linus
08-04-2003, 04:27 AM
ed lieks teh hype

i tihkn ther will b flyign monkiess!~~~

SuperPac
08-04-2003, 05:05 AM
There will... hmm, let's see... I'm guessing that there will be original characters. Yeah, that sounds good. And... probably an airship. Yeah! And maybe even chocobos!

That's all I've got. I know it's enough to really think about for weeks, but if I'm right, you all know I said it first...

Doomgaze
08-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Horribly pointless sidequests that you either have to buy a strat guide or go online to even know about.

Hm, and a boss with one billion HP, but that's ok because you'll get a hundred million hitpoint attack if you do the sidequests. This attack will crush the final boss in one hit, of course. The characters will never question why this monster didn't just kill the final boss and take over the world himself.

-N-
08-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Like all the ones before it.

Mr. Mojo Risin
08-06-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Doomgaze
Horribly pointless sidequests that you either have to buy a strat guide or go online to even know about.

Hm, and a boss with one billion HP, but that's ok because you'll get a hundred million hitpoint attack if you do the sidequests. This attack will crush the final boss in one hit, of course. The characters will never question why this monster didn't just kill the final boss and take over the world himself. That was great.;)

Bahamut2000X
08-06-2003, 03:10 PM
I predict it'll have a plot. Where you play as a teenage boy. And you'll get party members. One of them will be a girl. And their make a love thing between the main charcter and the girl and forget the other charcters exsist because they only think the 2 main charcters deserve any kind of characterazation.

Then as you play your start somewhere. And fight a boss. Then do some more stuff and fight another boss. Continue on and fight another boss. Then fight 2 bosses. Then a big plot point and then Somebody will die dramatically and then you'll face the final boss.

Although I doubt any of that will happen.

SuperPac
08-07-2003, 06:24 AM
That's just expanding on my idea! You were stealing from me! Piracy! Piracy!!!

Zild
08-09-2003, 05:00 AM
A large, on-going sidequest (probably involving playing cards) that has absoultely nothing to do with the plot or people of the game whatsoever.

OR: A large, on-going sidequest which is closely linked to either the plot or the people of the game, but which people will complain about because it is turn-based and has a few graphical glitches.

My preference is the second one...

Kalel
08-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Wow, nothing positive to say about game? Interesting. I predict a storyline that will surprise everyone and revive the series. Yes I predict there will be continuing FFs on PS3 and FFXII will make it happen.

SuperPac
08-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Oh, no, I was just stating the obvious, cause that's how it is with every game. I expect greatness from this next one. But I expected perfection with FFX, and I was dissapointed. So I'm not going to have ANY expectations for this one, and therefor I will make no valid predictions. I think it could very well revive the series, IF they do it right. But there's no doubt that they'll keep making more, even if FFXII is the WORST of the series.

playaGAW
08-11-2003, 04:27 AM
I hope the chracters realize the consequences of thier actions when they kill other living creatures. Those monsters have lives too. What about when they kill people they seem to show no emotion about it. That might have been someone with a family even if they are an enemy at the momemt.

We all know this isn't likely as the chracters kill stuff then celebrate. Having no consciense can make them as bad as the bad guy.

Blizzard
08-11-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
I predict that it will go down and unite all FF gamers with a common agreement that this is the best FF game EVER!

But, Ed, 6 x 2 = 12!

OH THE IRONY

edczxcvbnm
08-11-2003, 06:50 PM
and 4 x 3 = 12 also. What the :skull::skull::skull::skull: is your point? Your just pulling numbers out of no where man. Maybe if that 2 was relevent to something it would matter but it doesn't!

Psychotic
08-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Someone called Cid, who is most likely linked with Airships(Damn you FF8 for breaking this rule! And 6 too, now that I think about it, but at least that guy was an engineer)

Blizzard
08-13-2003, 04:51 AM
Well, Ed, 6 (In you opinion, the worst game ever) doubled is 12. 12 will be twice as bad a 6!

Can't take a joke?

Zild
08-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by playaGAW
I hope the chracters realize the consequences of thier actions when they kill other living creatures. Those monsters have lives too. What about when they kill people they seem to show no emotion about it. That might have been someone with a family even if they are an enemy at the momemt.

We all know this isn't likely as the chracters kill stuff then celebrate. Having no consciense can make them as bad as the bad guy.

No, it's okay... they will make some excuse why it's okay... they did that in 8 and 10, you know?

In all fairness, I think that our heroes usually get attackes by the creatures, so it;s not ther fault. Why a feeble monster would attack three armed, experienced fighters is beyond me though...

What I also expect is a poor / no explaination as to why only three people can fight in any given battle...

(Only three fighting is pretty much guaranteed, though I hope they change it! Having said that, in 9 you could fight with four, right?)

Oh, and you'll almost definitely have to save the planet/universe/time of course. Though if you didn't, it wouldn't be a Final Fantasy, would it?!

(Okay - 10 I guess you weren't saving the world... but what you were doing was removing a creature that hurt all of the planets inhabitants, regardless of race, so it's good enough in my opinion...)

SuperPac
08-16-2003, 05:48 AM
Ya know, I think it's stupid that they even switched to having 3 people per battle rather than 4 in the first place! It was understandable concidering the limitations in 7, but they shouldn't have kept with it. Square was just taking short cuts, that's all...

And ya know, there is a good point about having a consciense about killing... they should link their kills towards humans to the story. It shouldn't just be, "Oh, a soldier! Let's kill them!" Maybe they could have something change in the game depending on what soldiers you kill where (you know, an event with the monsters/soldiers/enemies on the screen). I also really liked in Chrono Cross how you could run from any battle no matter what, even boss battles. That was cool.

playaGAW
08-16-2003, 06:13 AM
I liked that in CC too.

edczxcvbnm
08-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Blizzard
Well, Ed, 6 (In you opinion, the worst game ever) doubled is 12. 12 will be twice as bad a 6!

Can't take a joke?

I can take a joke...but your joke is just so shitty I couldn't tell the difference from it being a joke and you trying to piss me off.

4 is one of my favorite games...so FFXII will be 3 times better than that! Watch your self before you mess yourself!

Linus
08-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Cid was linked to an airship in 8. Garden is a freaking airship.

Shayo
08-16-2003, 03:30 PM
i think they'l take bits and peices from old ff's and add them all together in this one. for example , the main character could be a clone or a daoll but doesnt figure out till he meets the creator of the world, which i would like to call an oracle, then when he finds out that hes a doll he asks the oracle y she made the dols and the oracle would tell him that there are special monsters draing life from the earth and the dolls were created to raise those monsters and kill the earth. so he wouldask the oracle y she or he would do that and theoracle would say "for amusement" then the oracles mystic guards would come in and chase the main, thats wut im callin him now cuz character takes to damn long to type, ok so they chase the main cuz he now knows the oracle's plan and he escapes back to where his party was waiting and they escape the building and then from then on its up to that group of heroes to save the world and kill the person or thing that they used to worship. and ofcourse there will be chocobo's moogles, airships, and boats. thats wut im hoppin for.

inlineskating29
08-20-2003, 01:39 AM
i was in a different froum and ppl were saying they have played it

and if it is true were u get it and is it in english

SuperPac
08-20-2003, 05:22 AM
It's all crap, nobody has played it; I doubt Square-Enix even has that far of a model available that it COULD be bootlegged. No, no one has played it.

elemental-force
08-22-2003, 11:55 PM
and the level system will be revised untill its a piece of crap. like ten when you put little glass balls that monsters carryed around, so you can put them in a giant slab that you carry around

inlineskating29
08-23-2003, 02:09 AM
and the level system will be revised untill its a piece of crap. like

i kinda like the spere grid but 9 was like almost all other rpgs as fare as the lvl up goes

SuperPac
08-23-2003, 05:37 AM
That's exactly why I want it to be like 9. I don't want any more crap in trying to change things up, I prefer traditional! I like the FF storyline, and I love their different ways of doing things, but I want them to do some regular RPG stuff again! Nothing changing everything like in X. Also, I hate how the three games (7, 8, and 10) reverted to 3 characters rather than 4... 9 rules!

inlineskating29
08-23-2003, 03:29 PM
I hate how the three games (7, 8, and 10) reverted to 3 characters rather than 4... 9 rules!

ya i liked 9 cause the 4 charecters

but10 was nice cause yuna didnt have to be just a w mage she could have been a b mage a thief maybe even a warrior if u went to kimarhis ar aurans path

witch was really cool

but ya your right 9 was the best lvl up system

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Linus
Cid was linked to an airship in 8. Garden is a freaking airship. Balamb Garden isn't an airship. It can't fly. It just sort of hovers in a generally lousy manner.

elemental-force
08-28-2003, 04:06 AM
hmm i wonder if they will rename the summons agian like in 8 (guardian forces) 9 (edilons) 10 (aeons) is there some connection?

leonheart5k
08-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Hmm Can I just ask a sub question to the thread are you guys getting bored and tired of the FF series?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Stay on-topic or die.

bennator
08-30-2003, 04:39 AM
Hmm Can I just ask a sub question to the thread are you guys getting bored and tired of the FF series?

Yes, very much so. In fac*Gets shot by a sniper*

SuperPac
08-31-2003, 06:24 AM
But you know, it makes sense why the games had different names. The GFs were a huge part of 8, the Eidolons a large part of 9, and the Aeons were the main part of 10. So, basically, if they have a huge part of the story, then yeah, I think they will.

Jack
09-10-2003, 09:16 PM
My predictions:

I reckon it'll be a darker game than FFX, because you have the clash of the medievil style of the ground floor, and the futuristic style above them. Sorta like FFVII, with the poor people on the floor, and the rich above them. Think of the rebellions. Or maybe that the community are becoming more futuristic, like it's a new technology.

Summons....I think they'll be very different style from FFX, because Square would want to detract from that style. they'll think that will be sick of that style cause we'll have seen FFX & FFX-2. (At least, I hope they do)

hopes For the Game:

That it has a strong villian. FFX & FFIX had REALLY girly sounding villians (Seymour & Kuja). A villian that can stand on their own as a evil guy.

(Oh yeah, not being simple like FFIX or I'll be really angry)

edczxcvbnm
09-11-2003, 09:06 PM
I hope they just call them summons or don't have any in this game. In the 4 games where they didn't call them summons 3 of them sucked(FFVI, FFVIII and FFX). As opposed to the 3 games where they did call them summons(FFIV, FFV, FFVII)...and all of them kicked ass.

So it is my conclusion that to have a kick ass FF game the summons must play a minor role as magic only.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-12-2003, 02:51 AM
They had a fairly significant role in FFIV's plot, actually.

edczxcvbnm
09-12-2003, 05:36 AM
But they were called summons ;) They only went half of it. I also never really considered them a major part of FFIV's plot. Sure they did things but its not like they were an integral part of the story like in FFVI, FFVIII, FFX or FFIX. They did somethings here and there but nothing that made the plot semi-revolve around them.

inlineskating29
09-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Summons....I think they'll be very different style from FFX, because Square would want to detract from that style. they'll think that will be sick of that style cause we'll have seen FFX

i thought the summon system in ffx was cool cause u could fight with the aeons instead of just having them appear do there move and go away

I hope they just call them summons or don't have any in this game. In the 4 games where they didn't call them summons 3 of them sucked(FFVI, FFVIII and FFX). As opposed to the 3 games where they did call them summons(FFIV, FFV, FFVII)...and all of them kicked ass.

there name doesnt matter how good they are. and ffx was cool cause u could fight with them. 8 and 9 were normal.. like they appear do there move and disappear.
the only reason 7 was good cause it had like all of the summons

edczxcvbnm
09-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by inlineskating29
there name doesnt matter how good they are. and ffx was cool cause u could fight with them. 8 and 9 were normal.. like they appear do there move and disappear.
the only reason 7 was good cause it had like all of the summons

Were you even reading anything I said? It has nothing to do with the battle system.

inlineskating29
09-13-2003, 09:56 PM
i was just pointing out y i liked 10 better than the others cause u go to fight with them

how could 8 and suck compared to 9
the summons in 9 did the same thing as they did in 8 just u had to extract them in 8 and in 9 u learned them
and 8 had a little time bar to when they could come

i say ten was best cause u could fight whith them

NAME DOESNT MATTER AT ALL

The Man
09-14-2003, 12:52 AM
It's a moot point, actually, as they're all alternate translations of the same word.

Jack
09-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Check this, you PLAY as the summons, and humans are the're soilders which the monsters, SUMMON to theuir aid. Talk about Role reversal

That'll be F***IN Insane