PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Limit Break / Trance / Overdrive out of all the FFs?

TheSpoonyBard
08-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Here's a list of all the Limit Breaks / Traces / Overdrives from FFVI to FFX. Please don't ask for any from the earlier games as I don't have them. I think I've got them all, but don't have a go at me if I've missed a few. I just want to know which do you think is the best of all.

FFVI (Thanks goes to Outsider for information on these Limit Breaks)

Terra: Riot Blade
Celes: Spin Edge
Locke: Mirager
Sabin: Tiger Break
Edgar: Royal Shock
Cyan: Black Blade
Setzer: Red Card
Shadow: Shadow Fang
Relm: Star Prism
Strago: Sabre Soul
Mog: Moogle Rush
Gogo: X-Meteor

FFVII

Aerith: Great Gospel
Barret: Catastrophe
Cait Sith: Slots
Cid: Highwind
Cloud: Omnislash
Nanaki: Cosmo Memory
Tifa: Final Heaven (plus all the others)
Vincent: Chaos
Yuffie: All Creation

FFVIII

Squall: Lionheart (including Renzokuken)
Zell: Duel
Irvine: Shot
Quistis: Blue Magic
Rinoa: Combine / Angel Wing
Selphie: Slot
Seifer: Fire Cross
Edea: Ice Strike
Laguna: Desperado
Ward: Heavy Anchor
Kiros: Blood Pain

FFIX

Zidane: Dyne
Vivi: Double Black Magic
Steiner: Enhanced physical attack
Garnet / Dagger: Eidolon
Quina: Cook
Freya: Jump
Eiko: Double White Magic
Amarant: Elan

FFX

Tidus: Blitz Ace
Auron: Tornado
Wakka: Attack / Auroch Reels
Yuna: Grand Summon
Lulu: Fury
Kimahri: Ronso Rage
Rikku: Mix
Seymour: Requiem

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-04-2003, 06:21 AM
I'll go with Omnislash--mostly because of the merit of the attack itself, but also because of its name in the Japanese version of FFVII: Shotgun Ultimate War God Champion Slash.

Now that's classy.

Edgar
08-04-2003, 09:46 AM
what about FFVI? :mad2:

TheSpoonyBard
08-04-2003, 01:13 PM
I've only recently bought FFVI and I havn't gotten round to playing it yet. When I do start and discover the characters Limit Breaks I will include them in the list. Or you could tell me them. You choose.

Outsider
08-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Terra - Riot Blade
Celes - Spin Edge
Locke - Mirager
Sabin - Tiger Break
Edgar - Royal Shock
Cyan - Black Blade
Setzer - Red Card
Shadow - Shadow Fang
Relm - Star Prism
Strago - Sabre Soul
Mog - Moogle Rush
Gogo - X-Meteor (I never actually saw this one, though)

Psychotic
08-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Omnislash, it just looks better when Cloud gets all slash happy and then finishes with a braver style slash that any other limits.

§håd0w
08-05-2003, 09:04 PM
omnislash, it does more damage than any other limitbreak or overdrive or trance. trance just sucked, so i would never vote for it. if u got it at the end of a battle, it would be completely useless cuz u cant use it in the next battle, and it only lasts 4 turns. therefore it sucks

the blitzer
08-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Anima's Obliverion Overdrive. I know she's an Aeon but she is still playable and that is an Overdrive move so it counts.

§håd0w
08-05-2003, 09:27 PM
yeah, i think darkness was only listing the best limits/trance/overdrives. but oblivion is one of the cooler looking overdrives. so is requiem, i liked it, i dunno if anyone else did. but i thought it was as cool as supernova

Flare_Star
08-12-2003, 05:45 PM
mix cos you can mix trio of 9999 wich lets you take off 9999 with a single hit for the rest of the battle

oh yea did i mention its on all 3 members in battle

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 12:18 AM
it works really good in the monster arena, when u first get accesss to it. even though it takes about 15 hits to take out Chimerageist. but nothing a little bit of haste cant fix.