PDA

View Full Version : Da Motorcycle Chase *Spoilers*

DaMagicSausage
08-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Ok, i just got FF7 for pc and went though the fun fun chase scene *spoiler* where cloud is trying to protect the rest of the group hacking and slashing shin-ra bikers on his hip new ride

Well anyway while starting this i noticed a difference between the PC and PS... I was flying down the road at 500mph... Needless to say most of my party members were at little to nil life when we started out boss battle. Will i be experiencing this type of problem alot??? Any input would help out, thanks guys.

TheSpoonyBard
08-04-2003, 01:06 AM
You shouldn't experience this problem too often, especially if you practise playing the Bike Game in the Wonder Square at the Gold Saucer. It's probably best if you prepare your party before you partake in the chase scene by equipping somebody with a Restore = All combination, as well as a Fire = Elemental combo on their armour. It also helps if you mange to turn around before the Motor Ball rams into you at the beginning of the battle. It is always a back attack, so turning round should lessen the damage caused. If your party is on critical health every time you complete the chase sequence I suggest that you level up a bit beforehand as the boss has some quite nasty moves up his large mechanical sleeves. Remember, the boss is weak against both Lightning and Ice, so use these spells well. Only resort to physical attacks if you run out of MP or you get a Limit Break. This battle should be much easier if you managed to steal some Carbon Bangles from the Moth Slashers and the Hardedge for Cloud from the Soldier 3rds. Hope that has helped you.

§håd0w
08-04-2003, 01:35 AM
i actually managed to kill off all my members, (on purpose) and when the battle started i lost instantly. btw, what happens if u dont excape the sec. 1 reactor in 10:00?

TheSpoonyBard
08-04-2003, 01:45 AM
I'm not sure. I'm always out of the reactor by the time on the clock reaches six minutes. My guess would be it blows up with you inside it, most probably resulting in a Game Over. That's not something you want 20 minutes into the game.

DaMagicSausage
08-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Well it wasn't that i couldn't beat the boss, but, i guess this game isn't meant for the fast systems of this day, lol, was kinda disorienting though, flying down that street at warp speed, and trying to push the attack button as quick as possible in attempt to hit someone.

§håd0w
08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
yea, probably, like in FFVIIII when u have to blow up the missile base, if ur not out it goes to a cut scene of the place blowing up and then says game over

Psychotic
08-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Darkness
especially if you practise playing the Bike Game in the Wonder Square at the Gold Saucer.

He hasn't got up to there yet though, and he says he only just got it.

PhoenixAsh
08-05-2003, 06:41 PM
Umm, I think he means that his PC is running the motorbike chase faster than it's supposed to. Not that he as difficulty with the bike game.

TheSpoonyBard
08-05-2003, 10:14 PM
i noticed a difference between the PC and PS

He hasn't got up to there yet though, and he says he only just got it.

He's already got the game on PlayStation, and on that he may have reached the Gold Saucer. He asked for help so I gave it to him.

Zild
08-06-2003, 06:20 PM
I think he has a problem with the bike scene because his PC is too fast!!!

As for not getting out of the reactor on time? I think I tried this once... as masamune1287 said, I think it just goes to the "game over screen"... a shame really, since seeing Cloud et al vaporised would be nice sometimes...

DaMagicSausage
08-07-2003, 01:56 AM
Yeah my PC just runs the motorcycle scene too fast... I have played FF7 on PS and beat it many times... i wanted to get it on PC because i wanted to see any differences in graphics and such... and all i can tell is that the sound quality is worse... oh well here are my comp stats for reference

Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Proc.
1 -512 DDR Ram
2 - 80 G HD
GeForce 4 Ti 4600

Liquid Glass
08-07-2003, 03:51 AM
maybe it wasnt made to work with those system upgrades. So its justas bad as it would be if you didnt have them.

§håd0w
08-08-2003, 09:20 PM
thats how it is with a lot of games. my pc can run warcraft 3, but its too good and wont run warcraft 2. so i have to use my other computer for that. i bought ff7 for pc too (so when i was travelling i could do something) and its runs very... odd, cuz my processor is 3 ghz. everything runs so fast, and the game clock runs 4 times as fast as it should normally go.