PDA

View Full Version : It Was good

Tidus77
08-04-2003, 05:28 PM
I reckon final fantasy viii was a good game overall but the only downfall for me was the magic on it it was pathetic:mad:

nanakixiii
08-09-2003, 01:30 AM
you mean the draw system or the magic VFX?

Silent Warrior
08-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Tidus77: For me, the dialogue tore it down. That seems to be the case with many games... The Junction-system was a little nifty here and there. For instance, if you plant 100 Full-Lifes and Ultimas at Elemental Defense, you absorb (!) quite a lot of Tiamat's Dark Flare. Sa-WEEEEEEEEEEET! I seem to remember being warned about it... Heh!

nanakixiii
08-11-2003, 02:33 AM
People seem to hate the junction system, but I believe it's the best system in any RPG. Although "junctioning" magic and GF does seem stupid, but if you knew what you were doing, it was really good system. I don't think I have ever seen an RPG with a better original system.

One downfall of FFVIII is the draw system though. I hated about drawing 100 magics. Oh, and it might just be me, but do you guys feel like NOT using magic when you have 100 of it? I don't know about you guys, but I always hesitate the magic that I have 100 of because I wanted to keep it a 100.

Ariel
08-11-2003, 12:32 PM
I liked the junction system for the most part. It was good for building up the character's stats, and making them really powerful really quickly. My main gripe with it was the same thing nanakixiii mentioned. Once the magic was junctioned, I didn't like using it. Some of the more powerful spells would have been really useful, but lowering their stats = nope. It was still fun to use, though.

Anubos
08-14-2003, 11:29 PM
I too liked the junction system in a ways I mean personally it was the easiest to me, and it was much better than that orb system thing in 10.
And yea lol nanakixiii I know exactly what your talking about

Lena
08-29-2003, 12:46 AM
I loved the Junction system, itīs a bit difficult at the beginning, but now my characters are practically invinsible. Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
If you learn how to optimize your junctions you can absorve every element and almost no status will damage you... and if you add 100Lv... well... just imagine.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-29-2003, 01:12 AM
I loved the junction system once I figured it out - its a great way to improve character's stats. Sure, it made me not want to use magic, but in general, the GF attacks were so powerful that I really didn't rely on magic much anyway. For instance, not using Full-Lifes wasn't much to ask for giving Rinoa 9999 HP, especially when commands like "Revive" and "Recover" were available for free.

I think that most people who hate the junction system believe that it made the game too easy; they didn't like the fact that their characters could be rendered nearly invinciable. However, I see that as a choice - the junction system isn't required to beat the game; no one forces you to summon GFs or junction magic to your stats. That's probably what I like most about it - unlike other FFs which force you to use the game's system if you want to get more difficult spells and attacks, the junction system works completely independently, helping you only as much as you wish it to. :)