PDA

View Full Version : i am new here

project_mayhem
08-04-2003, 11:31 PM
im new here and i'm really just looking for pictures form ffxi
especially pictures of big fuuking swords

also anyone ahve any idea on how many job classes there are ?

and can you have any class and any sub class or are sub classes only the starting 6?

Flying Mullet
08-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Welcome. I dub thee "newbie avoiding swear filters". Enjoy your stay here. I have no idea how many job classes or sub-classes there are though.

project_mayhem
08-04-2003, 11:41 PM
lol i say fuuk on accident all the time now
been playin eqoa too much

ok can anyone else help me?

Tom Morello
08-05-2003, 12:04 AM
the job classes are:

Starting
Warrior
White Mage
Black Mage
Red Mage
Thief
Monk

Advanced
Summoner
Beast Master
Samurai
Ninja
Ranger
Dragoon
Paladin
Dark Knight
Bard

I think that's it but I may be wrong...

And you can sub class any job... not just starting ones but advanced ones as well... ;)

project_mayhem
08-05-2003, 02:23 AM
thanks is that just classes form beta?
will there be more when the game comes out or do you know?

Tom Morello
08-05-2003, 02:22 PM
They may add more as time progresses but these are pretty much all of the jobs that will be available at release. I have yet to see a ninja or summoner in FFXI beta... but I see menus for ninjitsu or something like that... and summons... so I figure that are those thingys

Yup...

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-06-2003, 03:53 AM
I wish I could play the beta......

Sooo boring right now......

But I don't even have my new computer yety so I probably couldn't even Run the Beta......

project_mayhem
08-06-2003, 04:26 PM
also another question........ you said that all those classes can be used as sub classes so if my math isn't incorrect that means that there are 15 classes with 14 sub choices for each class which means 210 possible cominations(some would over lap but then comes the difference between main and sub)

so my question is what exactly does the sub class entail .... say if your a 60 ninja/ 45 black mage would that mean you're basicly a 60 ninja with all the spells of a 30 black mage or are there more or less modifiers for a sub job?

i ramble i am sorry

ohh one more thing anyone know what the level cap is??? i had heard 250 although its squaresoft so that would probably be 255

anyone know?

thx,
jfc

Ouch!
08-06-2003, 05:00 PM
The level cap now is 65 I think. But they intend to raise it up to 250 with patches from my understanding.

Rostum
08-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Level cap is 70.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-07-2003, 07:51 AM
I would have guessed 99.....

and if not 99 then 255....but....

project_mayhem ......I am gonna go out on a Limb and guess youv'e never played Final Fantasy Tactics.....

Your main Job gives you all kinds of cool Modifiers called Class Modifiers......

Your Sub job.....Gives you No modifiers....But lets you Use Some or all of your Attacks/Moves/Spells from that class

So if you were a Dragoon or Dark Knight With Summoner or Black Mage as A Sub Job You Spells would most likly be almost Useless Because the modifiers for the Job classes are designed so that Dragoon and Dark Knights Suck at magic.....

And If you were a Magic User With A warrior Sub Class your Physical attacks would be very weak because Magics are very Weak Physicaly.....

Anyways....Play FF Tactics to familarize yourself with the idea....Also Its a great Game.....

project_mayhem
08-07-2003, 08:11 PM
i have played final fantasy tactics and yes its a great game my question was more about whether it was actually going to work the same way..... or if it was diferent because i read some one talking about how if your wub class is monk you get hp modifiers...........

didn't know if they were full of shit

and yeah that was my thoguht on the lv caps 99 or 255 sqaure likes those numbers lol

Tom Morello
08-08-2003, 12:07 AM
The level cap started at 50 and was raised by 5 at a time through patches... they intend to eventually reach 250... though it may go beyond that as well... who knows...

Oh, and just FYI... in FFXI Dark Knights are warriors with magic ability (black magic to be exact) and higher attack, but lower defence. Yup...

Whereas Paladins are the opposite... :D

I heard the same thing about modifiers... but I'm not sure...

I do however think that you can use your sub job's special abilities... such as Red Mages continual magic, or a warrior's mighty strike...;)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-08-2003, 01:24 AM
Taerdin you have Beta.......Go check.......Jeez.....

How can you not know its right in front of you whilst your playing it foo..........

BAH!!!! BETA TESTERS these Days...........

Where Square gets these guys....

Tom Morello
08-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Nakor TheBlue Rider
Taerdin you have Beta.......Go check.......Jeez.....

How can you not know its right in front of you whilst your playing it foo..........

BAH!!!! BETA TESTERS these Days...........

Where Square gets these guys....

Umm... I don't play me beta... lol :D

I don't have time for that MMORPG crap right now... especially when it's all gonna be erased in sept... what's the point really...

Squenix gets beta testers from all over... I live in Canada and there's slim pickings here :D

Traxis Greyeye
08-08-2003, 07:19 PM
As far as special abilities go, I think you can use some of the sub-jobs abilities but the 2 hour ability is off limits while the job is subbed.

As far as modifiers, if you were a Warrior, who for all intents and purposes gets no mp, and subbed a mage of some sort, you would get mp modifiers and be able to cast spells, they wouldn't do much damage though.