PDA

View Full Version : Diablos...are you supposed to be doing that?

Wrexsoul
08-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Right, so my brother's on the first disc, at the part where it's his first visit to Timber.... and he decides to use the Magical Lamp to get the battle with Diablos over with. So he does. The party is Rinoa, Selphie, and Squall; all at least under LV 15. Nothin' special.

All the time I'm sitting here watching, advising him to draw/cast Demi. Squall does it, and he peels off 3000 HP. And what does Diablos do in return -- does he hit somebody? No. Does he cast Demi? No. Gravija? Nnnnnnope...

......he casts CURAGA. On the entire party! Well sure, he did attack a *couple* of times; he used Gravija twice.... only to replenish their HP again with MORE CURAGAS!!!

The question I'm posing here is.... WHY is Diablos going around curing the party in the battle? Isn't he supposed to, y'know... try to HARM them(...without casting Curaga afterward)?

Is this a glitch of some sort? This has never happened to me in the several times I've fought Diablo. The disc isn't in bad condition -- I just fought him on my own file last week! This hasn't happened to anyone else, has it? I've never heard of or seen such a thing before..

Someone..... enlighten me here?

~*Crystal*~
08-05-2003, 02:24 AM
It's not a glitch. It's actually a quick and easy way to finish Diablos off. I dunno why he cures members, he just does I guess... If you read stretegy guides and walkthroughs on the net they suggest that, too.

Kami
08-05-2003, 03:14 AM
He's supposed to do that. (But he didn't do that in my game ;_; there's something wrong with mine.)

Wrexsoul
08-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

See, in the few boss guides I've read, they never mentioned his mad curing spree. I've owned the game since 1999, and he NEVER did that until today! I knew there just had to be SOMETHING I wasn't aware of..

Well hey, thanks for clearing me up on it.:)

Mr. Mojo Risin
08-05-2003, 05:17 AM
never heard of it. my tactic is just blind him, then all he can do is splice your hp....and I guess heal too. interesting!

Beatrice
08-05-2003, 08:34 AM
As long as you use the demi that you drew from him, he will cast Curaga. Which I think is very spiffy. ^^

Mo-Nercy
08-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Doesn't he always follow up the Curaga with a Gravija. Maybe he's just being mean and casting Curaga so his Gravija does more damage.

TogiB
08-05-2003, 10:58 PM
He did that to me a couple of times too. i say don't complain, because it is nice. that was the only thing that saved me the first time i fought him.