PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with nations????

project_mayhem
08-05-2003, 02:29 AM
whats the difference between the nations i see alot of people syaing the wanna play on windhurst..... why?

i know about the zone control nation thing but besides that whats the difference between the nations

Bahamut2000X
08-05-2003, 05:30 AM
The monsters are different in each nation. Also depending on your race, the nation you start in can give you a ring when you start out that adds some points to your stats. Also depending on each area it could affect the equipment you'll get, such as I believe Windurst is better for mages because it's the magic capital. Also each country has difefrent guilds such as one has the cooking guild while another has a black smiths one, so people usually start in the country where the guild they wanna join is located.

project_mayhem
08-05-2003, 06:30 AM
alright thanks man

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-06-2003, 03:56 AM
However World Travel is realativly simple also.....

So it really doesn't matter that much....

You could just travel there later.....

project_mayhem
08-06-2003, 04:17 PM
thats another question i had..... how does travel work in ffxi?

i know you can ride chocobo's but is there somehting similar to coaches in eqoa or not?

and is there a map or compass or anything to guide you... so you don't get lost like i do all the time

Ouch!
08-06-2003, 05:03 PM
At level 20 you can rent chocobos.
At level 30 (I think) you can fly on airships (quickest transportation between nations)
Or you can take a ship, but the monsters that attack are pretty strong in the middle of the ocean so travelling as a low level character is not suggested.

I don't know, but I think there's a compass, and I know you can buy maps for the different areas.

project_mayhem
08-06-2003, 11:17 PM
cool thx

Lionx
08-07-2003, 02:52 AM
From my experience, as long as you can pay for the ship ride, you can go on any level. Just dont go on deck if your low level. Hide at the captain's port or the entrance(cramped tho =/). You should be fine.

Airships are the ultimate form of travel. All wind, no monsters. While chocobos i think you rent them to travel land at a fast past.