PDA

View Full Version : Cifer and Cid

Lenne
08-05-2003, 03:01 PM
I wonder if there's a relationship, too.

1. Cid owns Seifers card
2. Seifer became knight of Edea (his mother?)
3. Cid "understood" Seifers behaviour while the Dollet mission
4. Cid was never "mad" with him

All in all, I think that there could be a realtionship, but I think that if there's one, Seifer never knew about and Cid never told him. Perhaps because of the orphans. They don't have to think, that Seifer was something special. he should be like the others...

StarChild
08-05-2003, 06:02 PM
hmmmm, this is interesting, you make some good points. ^^ are saying that Cid is Seifers dad?

Wightraven
08-05-2003, 06:42 PM
... you know, now that I think about it, Seifer does look like an interesting combination of Cid and Edea, with blonde hair...

... and being that Edea is of the Goth persuasion, it could be entirely understandable that she dyes her hair...

What an interesting idea!

StarChild
08-05-2003, 08:37 PM
I smell contraversy!!! *SNIFF* :D

It is a very interesting idea, well really, why would Cid have Seifer's card? ooo, i like this thread! ^^

TheAbominatrix
08-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Definitly interesting. I dont see it happening, because as has been stated in many other threads, Square is usually pretty blatant about things like this.

It would be interesting to learn about the parents of all the kids at the orphanage, and it certainly would add new dimensions to their personalities. Was Quistis like her mother? Were Selphie's parents important people? Etc, etc.

Definitly interesting. And... can anyone provide a list of who has what character cards? I'm gonna go look now, and I'll post it here if I find it. That way we can see if there are any connections... I know General Carraway has Rinoa's card, right?

Lenne
08-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Another question: How old can Edea be? Would her age fit with a 18 years old son? In Cids case it definitely would ;)

Perhaps Seifer knew about the realtionship and Cid was always like a father to Squall. Maybe Seifer was jealous...

I dont know all the cards, but a few ones :)

Squall - Laguna
Cifer - Cid
Quistis - her fanclub
Selphie - her best friend in Trabia
Irvine - Dobe of FH
Rinoa - General Carway
Xell - His adoptive mother Din

So we knew, that almost the ones have cards from these listed people standing in a strong relationship to them... what about Irvine :p ?

TheAbominatrix
08-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Maybe Dobe is somehow related to him? Or maybe he just won the card from someone else. He was supposed to be a good player, right?

And I think Edea should be old enough. The kids were... oh, 4 or so, give or take a few years, while they were there, and she was at least an older teen then, definitly old enough to have had a kid... well, almost definitly.

Lenne
08-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Oh, there's also something else:

Don't ferget about Edeas discussion with Seifer when he came with her. She said, that he's also a child, a typical mother scentense :D

Link1
08-06-2003, 04:21 PM
if she the mother of cifer, she must born him with 15-18~
She looks in Edea House, very young and Cifer is sure 5-6 years Old, becaus all other kids are 1 year younger as cifer......and the kids was 4-5
i think edea is 33-36 years old in Galbadia

Spatvark
08-06-2003, 05:15 PM
In the flashbacks, Edea doesn't look any younger than she does later on in the game. Have you all forgotten that sorceresses age slower? I'm more inclined to believe Edea was in her late twenties, early thirties when she met up with Ultimecia and became a true sorceress. Now, Cid looks to me like he's in his forties to his fifties, which, if you do the maths, comes out as about right...

Link1
08-06-2003, 06:27 PM
mhm oh i forget it *g*
but it is sure possible that is the son of Cid and Edea

StarChild
08-06-2003, 09:44 PM
I think it's possible, but maybe squaresoft wasn't thinking about it when they put it in and people like us just seem to read in between the lines. ^^

Christmas
04-25-2022, 02:31 AM
I always tot Seifer had an affair with Edea which is why Cid is using the former's card to curse him. Seifer seems to be a person that enjoys good milk and Edea seems like a good supplier. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
04-25-2022, 08:18 AM
Cid has known them all since childhood, and even gets the inside scoop from Edea. So he treats each orphan differently based on their personalities (seifer has always been a handful, so has Zell), this is (relatively) clear in the dialogue. He is just a good teacher and caring person, nothing more.

Just kidding, he's actually ALL their dad's.

He was in a rock band and went on tour, impregnating women in Trabia, Winhill, and everywhere else. He raw-dogged all the moms with his thick cid cock and went into rehab. As part of his AA pledges he needs to make things right. Hence, orphanage and caretaker.

Galuf
04-25-2022, 09:17 PM
It wasn't a good Edea for Squall to try and kill the sorceress at the end of disc 1.
Atleast in disc 2 he got another stab at it.

Edea leads Seifer on, but there's no relationship I don't think. She knows he likes to be called pet names and that's why he tries to protect his "lady". Well, I should say Ultimecia, Edea would have none of that herself.