PDA

View Full Version : I'll use Ragnorak to itemize your ass!

Flying Mullet
08-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know of the good items that you can get through Ragnorak "itemizing" enemies? I'm trying to see if there's any benefit to taking the esper other than to learn Ultima earlier or to have all of the espers(other than the Odin-Raiden thing).

Outsider
08-05-2003, 05:54 PM
I took it from some old notes I have...

Barb-e = Ribbon
Borras = Ogre Nix
Covert = Striker (or Assassin, I'm not sure)
Didalos = Thornlet
Harpy = Exp. Egg (I never tried this one)
Intangir = Megalixir
Ninja = Assassin
Samurai = Gengi Glove
Tap Dancer = Marvel Shoes
Wooly = Safety Bit

I also have notes on Veteran and Pandora's Box (I don't know what they give you though...
And I remember a friend of mine told me that some enemy of Ancient Castle can give you some good item...

wolfmah
08-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Don't forget that every monster has a set of 4 items to offer (sometimes it is the same item 3 or 4 times) and that there is a percentage of success of morphing an enemy.

For example

Barb-e - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Ribbon, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic. So, this gave you almost 10% of chance of getting a Ribbon. Is it really worth the try? ;)

I'll give you a reference of the other monster Outsider named

Borras - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Ogre Nix, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic
Covert - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Assassin, Striker, Trump or Trump
Didalos - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Cursed Ring, Cursed Ring, Relic Ring or Thornlet
Harpy - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Exp. Egg, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic
Intangir - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Megalixir, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic
Ninja - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Assassin, Striker, Trump or Trump
Samurai - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Genji Glove, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic
Tap Dancer - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Marvel Shoes, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic
Wooly - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Safety Bit, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic

Pan Dora - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Ribbon, Tonic, Tonic or Tonic
Veteran - 57.1% of missing and gave you one of these : Cursed Ring, Cursed Ring, Relic Ring, Thornlet

If you want a set of Imp's stuff, all those monsters give them at a rate of 57,1% of missing : Cactrot, Pug and Pugs

Tintinabar can be morph from one of those 3 beasts along with 3 Tonic at a rate of 57.1% of missing : Spek Tor, Stray Cat and Wild Cat

Magic Urn morphes into a Megalixir or Tonic, just like Intangir

Retainer morphes into a Gengi Glove or Tonic, just like Samurai

Aquila and Harpiai also morph into Exp. Egg or Tonic, just like Harpy

Outsider
08-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks man... I didn't knew it with so much details... Now I know why it took me so much time to get some of these items.

By the way... I heard that the Samurais on Cyan's dream can be changed into Offerings, and the Boxed Sets in the ancient castle into Gem Boxes... I dunno the odds though.

wolfmah
08-06-2003, 12:57 AM
None of them are true, Offerings and Gem Boxes can't be earn trough morphing. KatanaSoul can't be morphed but he does drop an offering after the battle and Boxed Set can be morph into Safety Bit or Tonic.

For your info, these are the 26 different patterns of item an enemy can have. The 3 first are the most common to find.

Antidote, Green Cherry, Eyedrop, Soft
Tent, Fenix Down, Warp Stone, Revivify
Dried Meat x4
Remedy x4
Mithril Blade, Mithril Helm, Mithril Mail, Heavy Shld
Gold Lance, Gold Shld, Gold Helmet, Gold Armor
Crystal Sword, Crystal Shld, Crystal Helm, Crystal Mail
Imp's Armor, Titanium, TortoiseShld, Imp Halberd
Ogre Nix, Tonic x3
Marvel Shoes, Tonic x3
Tintinabar, Tonic x3
Megalixir, Tonic x3
X-Potion, Tonic x3
X-Ether, Tonic x3
Elixir, Tonic x3
Gauntlet, Tonic x3
Genji Glove, Tonic x3
Safety Bit, Tonic x3
Exp. Egg, Tonic x3
Ribbon, Tonic x3
Flame Shld, Tonic x3
Ice Shld, Tonic x3
Thunder Shld, Tonic x3
Cursed Ring x2, Thornlet, Relic Ring
Cure Ring x2, Safety Bit, Pod Bracelet
Trump x2, Assassin, Striker

BTW, those info are not poping out of nowhere, they come from FF3usME utility (http://www.angelfire.com/pq/jumparound/index.html).

Flying Mullet
08-06-2003, 05:14 PM
This is all great info, thanks everyone. It's good to see taht there are ways to get more genji gloves after the floating continent.

The Man
08-08-2003, 03:21 AM
I've never been a big fan of the Ragnarok esper. Given the choice between being able to morph a few monsters into mediocre items (ok, the Genji Glove isn't mediocre, but it's not better than the Illumina sword) and the opportunity to obtain one of the two best swords in the game, I'd take the sword any time. (Granted, the Atma Weapon is better than the Illumina if you can be arsed to level up sufficiently, but why choose between them when you can have both?) Frankly, I consider the esper to be a waste of time.

i90east
08-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Good point. You can still learn Ultima from the Paladin Sheild right?

GogoTheMimic
08-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Yes, you can. It may take a while to get the Paladin Shield, but waiting for Ultima is hella worth it to get the Ragnarok sword, well, to bed it and get the Illumina that is. :D

GenjiLeisureSuit
09-30-2003, 02:28 AM
Where can you fight Intangir in the WoR?!?!?!?!?!?

Cause it seems like Megelixer is the only item worth Ragnaroking.

*curses himself for taking the esper*

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2003, 02:53 AM
Intagir is on Triangle Island.

m4tt
09-30-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
Intagir is on Triangle Island.

Is he still there in the WoR? I thought only the Zoneseek was there. I run into Intangir on the Veldt all the time, but that's only because I fought him in the WoB.

Outsider
09-30-2003, 03:53 AM
In the WoR you can't find Intangir in the Triangle Island, only those ZoneEaters...

But if you fought Intangir in the WoB, you can find him on the Veldt.

Atma Weapon
09-30-2003, 08:45 AM
One helpful trick I'm surprised that no-ones mentioned is that you can have one character summon Ragnarok and then have Gogo mimic it repeatedly until all of the enemies are converted. The sword's still better though, Ragnarok the esper is just a fancy way to steal with a different item set.

Flying Mullet
09-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by m4tt
Is he still there in the WoR? I thought only the Zoneseek was there. I run into Intangir on the Veldt all the time, but that's only because I fought him in the WoB.
Yeah, Intangir is only found on Triangle Island in the WOB.

MagicKnight Locke
09-30-2003, 08:57 PM
that crap sword ragnarok is even stolen from one of the goddesses....

ragnarok esper rules :thumb:

yes it is a better version of steal,but a FAAAR better version indeed

Flying Mullet
09-30-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by MagicKnight Locke
that crap sword ragnarok is even stolen from one of the goddesses....
Actually you can't. You can steal Minerva from Goddess and she drops Excalibur.

On a side note, does anyone know where this Ragnorak is stolen from Goddess rumor started? I've seen it on these boards over and over again.

Atma Weapon
10-01-2003, 02:56 AM
You can steal a ragnarok from the girl in the third tier of Kefka. People probally just started calling her a goddess.

Outsider
10-01-2003, 03:00 AM
Man, I'm pretty sure you can steal Ragnarok from ONE of the goddesses (Doom, Poltergeist or Goddess), I guess it was Poltergeist, but I'm not sure...

I never did it though... Kefka is way too easy already, I'm not worried in getting items that will make me slay him faster...

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Yeah, you can. I think it's from Goddess... or was that Atma you can steal from her? Still, it's useless that late in the game, really.

Atma Weapon
10-01-2003, 03:42 AM
Goddess drops Excalibur and you can steal minerva, Doom drops sky render and you can steal safety bit, and Poltergeist drops Aura Lance and you can steal red jacket. Also, it's probally impossible to use ragnarok to "itemize their ass" but if it were they would all drop antidote, green cherry,eyedrop and soft in that order. I'm using a ROM editor now, so there really isn't too much room for error anymore. Atma drops nothing and has a crystal orb and drainer for steals. The only Kefka's tower enemy with a really good steal is the girl on the third tier, she has the only duplicate copy of the ragnarok in the game.

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Atma Weapon
You can steal a ragnarok from the girl in the third tier of Kefka. People probally just started calling her a goddess.
Yes, you can steal a Ragnorak from the girl in the final battle. I thought that you were refferring to the Goddess Statue and solo boss. Maybe that is why people get the Goddess and the girl in the final battle confused?

The Man
10-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Atma Weapon
The only Kefka's tower enemy with a really good steal is the girl on the third tier, she has the only duplicate copy of the ragnarok in the game. The other monster on that tier has an Atma Weapon. I think that would also qualify as a "really good steal."

Atma Weapon
10-03-2003, 04:18 AM
For a sword which is stolen during the final battle, It probally won't matter what the sword does unless you're at a very low level. If you're low enough level for it to matter, then you're probally too low level to do decent damage with the atma weapon, plus the tiers of kefka use meltdown,whirlwind,calmness,and fallen one. All of those attacks usually leave you with low HP, which hinders the Atma Weapon greatly. Also, the Ragnarok raises speed which will help even a team of level 99's to defeat Kefka quickly. At any point before the final battle, I would agree that the Atma Weapon is an awesome find, but it really doesn't do any good that late in the game. I suppose it's still worth mentioning at least though:greenie: :mog:

Lost
10-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Well I managed to get my hands on 45 Illuminas swords so the Ragnorok sword, needless to say, wasn't needed, but I did need the Esper to morph the Samuris into Genji Glove so that I could equip EVERYONE with 2 Illuminas each (except the Yeti (Umaru?)).

P.S. Saved State rules

i90east
10-03-2003, 08:19 PM
It sounds like you used sketch :)

Lost
10-04-2003, 05:40 AM
I took the chance my second time around.