PDA

View Full Version : Real Emotion and 1000 Words for English Version still sing by Koda Kumi.

Shuin
08-06-2003, 01:02 PM
I can sleep well for tonight. Once I know it was true. I'm not dreamming.

Check here for more info.... *Blitz* *Blitz* (http://www.ffx2.net)

TheAbominatrix
08-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Yep! Praise hey-sus

TakaX2
08-06-2003, 03:06 PM
HAHAHA!

YES!

ALL'S GOOD INTHE GAMING WORLD!

I'm glad Square' smart enough to keep Koda Kumi on the team and to translate it into english. In FFX, Suteki Da Ne was a beautiful song in Japnese but it would have been cool to translate, but it really doesn't matter. I'm just glad the ARE going to translate FFX-2. If they hadn't, I probably would of had some major issues with Squaresoft.

JEdi
08-07-2003, 12:53 AM
NoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo! That song's groovy in Japanese. Hope they keep it Jap in international version.....

Rinna Lee
08-07-2003, 06:01 AM
Yaaaay!!! I really thought that Kristine Sa was gonna sing the English version....but I hated Kristine Sa so...I guess I'm happy Koda Kumi is singing the English version. :D

Shuin
08-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah... Kristine may be Yuna's voice-actress but not a million years to sing both real Emotion and 1000 Words. Never and ever!

Praise be to Vegnagun.

Roogle
08-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Hedy Burress is Yuna's voice actor, not Kristine Sa.

Scandalous
08-07-2003, 08:01 PM
Kristine Sa doing Yuna's voice? ... that's even worse than Hedy Burress's pitiful attempts at voice acting (at least in FFX)...

I'm glad their letting Koda sing 1000 no Kotoba and Real emotion in English! Woot. Now I have to wait for the stupid things to come out. >_< ::is a Koda Kumi fan and has a lot of her songs on her winamp playlist::

Paine6969
08-08-2003, 01:26 AM
I Have to agree im glad Kumi is doing the real version

Kuja's Baby Girl
08-23-2003, 04:15 PM
yup, koda kumi is doing both the english and japanese versions of real emotion and 1000 words :roll:

Rye
08-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Wow! I liked it ^.^ Niiice

Kristine Sa doing Yuna's voice? ... that's even worse than Hedy Burress's pitiful attempts at voice acting (at least in FFX)...

Ok I know Kristine Sa sounded bad in Real Emotions but shes a great singer and I love her songs. Just listen to the truth is and you'll see how good she sings. It's one of the prettiest songs ever! :D

Tidus Andronicus
08-24-2003, 04:24 PM
As much as I would love for Square (square-enix) to leave the song in Japanese, the song is part of how the game sets the plot mood.
So, it just benifits the majority of players by being able to understand the lyrics.
That doesn't mean I approve of the change, but I'll be okay with it...

My only complaint is that if they changed these to english, then why did they leave Setuki Da Ne in Japanese.
Can't they be more consistant, and leave them all in Japanese. Or if they are going to translate some, translate all. It just confuses the general public... (and by that I mean those little kids that play these games and don't care about the original songs)

Anyway, the song sounds ok in english, and I'm glad they still used the same singer.

TheAbominatrix
08-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Because Real Emotion is preformed in the game. It would make no sense for Yuna to speak English throughout the game and then all of the sudden start singing in Japanese. And I doubt many people are confused when the game has a Japanese song at the end. They do it in anime all the time, even when they dub it.

"Oh my goodness! What is this!? ANOTHER LANGUAGE!? WHERE AM I?" [/sarcasm]

Kenshin IV
08-25-2003, 02:58 AM
Watching the scene where she sings this made me cringe... Not only did they turn Yuna into Lara Croft, but they added a little bit of Britney Spears to her as well..
-_-

Quistis79
08-26-2003, 10:34 AM
WHY?!?! Why do they have to translate the songs?!? I love the japanese versions(original is always the best) and japanese music and the language generally too and I really don't understand the reason to translate songs. I gotta start learning kanji so that I might buy my next FF from japan... Then I'm at least getting quality voice acting and beautiful songs.

Im happy though that it'll still be Koda Kumi singing...

TheAbominatrix
08-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Because Yuna preforms them in the game. I know its hard, just think about it for a second. Why would a girl whose world has only a few languages (Japanese not being one of them in the English version) start singing a song in Japanese? It would make no sense whatsoever.