PDA

View Full Version : what happened to that one shumi? *Spoilers*

Kikyo
08-07-2003, 10:04 AM
in ff8, i forgot his name at the moment, but the one really fat shumi underneath the garden. wasn't he supposed to turn into something? i thought he was evolving into what he truly deserved to be or something, but no matter how many times i checked, there was only the other shumis talking about how he was evolving. what's up with that? i want to know more! that wasn't satisfying enough!

Maxico
08-07-2003, 11:35 AM
his name is norg and i think you kill him

Big D
08-07-2003, 12:51 PM
This thread needs a spoiler warning. *Fixes*

...NORG, that dearly-departed former Garden Master, already had, in fact, evolved. That giant, bloated yet powerful creature is what he evolved into... becoming the embodiment of the greed and malice that flowed in his very veins.

Kami
08-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Well explained Big D.

TogiB
08-07-2003, 08:09 PM
ok, Big D, i see, but what happened to him AFTER you kill him. if you go back later, there are two shumis there talking about NORG hatching from whatever that was he left behind (an Egg of some sort?) i think that is what kikyo meant. I really would like to know, also. maybe it is a loose end they will tie up in FFVIII-2 (If that ever happens):rolleyes2

Maxico
08-07-2003, 08:18 PM
final fantasy 8...uh..2 return of the NORG

hmm doesn't really click.

Big D
08-08-2003, 05:47 AM
ok, Big D, i see, but what happened to him AFTER you kill him. if you go back later, there are two shumis there talking about NORG hatching from whatever that was he left behind (an Egg of some sort?) i think that is what kikyo meant.That 'egg' was the wreckage of NORG's pod, the armed and armoured vessel he's in when you fight him. The other Shumi don't actually mention him 'hatching' , rather they simply describe the Shumi 'evolution process' which made NORG into what he was.
Now, I realise that NORG's body is no longer there... but then, Final Fantasy enemies have a way of disintegrating upon death. Either that, or the Garden Faculty had to clean up the mess. Maybe that's the real reason they all left?

"Hey! We're Faculty, not lowly janitors! Disposing of expired Jabba-lookalikes is beneath us! WE QUIT!"

ivory
08-09-2003, 05:39 AM
when you return to norg's place later on in the game, norg is no longer there. what's up with that?

Big D
08-09-2003, 06:15 AM
...I just explained that.
Now, I realise that NORG's body is no longer there... but then, Final Fantasy enemies have a way of disintegrating upon death. Either that, or the Garden Faculty had to clean up the mess.

Kikyo
08-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Big D
This thread needs a spoiler warning. *Fixes*

very sorry! haven't been here in a while! i forgot some things...:(