PDA

View Full Version : This Is The Best game Ever

Brian The Pink Shark
08-07-2003, 07:02 PM
This is the best game ever and I want to see if you agree with me, if you don't please say why

Flying Mullet
08-07-2003, 07:14 PM
This thread is a FFVII vs. FFVIII flame-fest just waiting to happen. I can't pick one game as the best ever. It's just too hard. Sometimes I feel like racing, others shoot 'em ups, and at other tims rpgs. But if I have to pick my favorite rpg it would have to be FFVI.

Max
08-09-2003, 09:30 PM
yes it is:tongue:

Big D
08-10-2003, 05:58 AM
There's no need for this thread to turn into a re-run of FFVII vs FFVIII.
There's also no need for spam replies, Shrunkin Master.
If somene's got an opinion on the question Squinn asked, they can go ahead and post it - but this will get closed if something nasty happens.

In my opinion, FFVII is the best game ever. I appreciate the characters, plot, themes, and the well-developed world where it's all set. The gameplay and battle systems are well balanced for someone of my skill.

Like Flying Mullet, I also have favourite games in other genres. However, FFVII remains my favourite RPG and my favourite game overall.

TheAbominatrix
08-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Nope. FFVII was poo-poo compared to VI, IV, Chrono Trigger, Wild ARMs, some of the Breath of Fire games, Star Ocean, and countless other quality RPGs in my opinion. But it was a pretty good game, over all.

Master.Pug
08-10-2003, 12:37 PM
I dunno!
I can't decide which is the best out of FFVII,FFVI & Chrono Trigger....
those are simply THE best games ever;)

DonFulton
08-10-2003, 08:32 PM
I would have to say that FFVII is the best FF but not best game ever.

BuffaloFantasy
08-10-2003, 08:54 PM
I must say, its up there. But there are countless other games that are "TEH BEST GAME EVAR" to lots of people. What is the best videogame of all times to me?

There is none. What I have is a list of my favorites.(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) With reasons too.

Final Fantasy (All of them)-Uh...I played a few of them and they were a whole lotta fun. Gonna buy more soon.

Super Mario Rpg AND Paper Mario-OK, so most people say SMRPG is better, but I say they are about the same. (BTW, am I allowed to talk about non-square games? Im new so Im not sure..) Both alot of fun. Key word there, FUN.

The Legend of Zelda(all of them- Wow, one of my favorite series of all time. Clearly if you have never played any of these you should try them out..but you probably have unless you people only play SQUare-enix games all the time, which I doubt you do. FUN, FUN, AND MORE FUN.

Super Mario(all of them)- Uh....Fun. FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN...boy I use that word alot.

More games--- EARTHBOUND, CHRONO TRIGGA, SUPER SMASH BROS, METAL GEAR SOLID, SEABATTLE (For the intellivision..great fun...), WARCRAFT (PC), Command and conquer games, HALO (dang I cant think anymore.. Halo was fun...), AnImAl CrOsSing (ARGH....THE FUN!), SUPER MONKEY BALL, Mario Party, golf, and tennis, GOLDENEYE, MARIOKART, CONTRA, CASTLEVANIA, and LOTS MORE.....cant think anymore so Im done.

As you can see, I believe that no game can claim the title of Best game Ever because there are DIFFERENT games, that are DIFFERENT from FF7, which should not be compared to FF7, because they are DIFFERENT, But still may be as much fun as FF7, but fun in a different way.

§håd0w
08-10-2003, 11:06 PM
hey man, you stole my trademark 'random answer at the end of the poll' thats not cool. :(

MagicKnight Locke
08-11-2003, 06:59 AM
ouch people still love this lame old game???
It is worser than all of the snes ffs and ff3j,a quite a failure in the series,though if id had to point the best thing out itd be the storyline,the turks and the shinra

Big D
08-11-2003, 09:47 AM
A failure?
As I recall, it was phenomenally successful.
It certainly helped to broaden the appeal of RPGs in the West.

Flying Mullet
08-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
It is worser than all of the snes ffs and ff3j...
Why are these games the worst in the series?

Loony BoB
08-11-2003, 04:30 PM
FFVII was not a failure, it was a success. And in my opinion, it is the best game I've ever played. Very few other games have even come close.

§håd0w
08-11-2003, 05:25 PM
mesa thinks someone hasnt played ze game, ands is just bashing zit

Big D
08-12-2003, 02:25 AM
And I think that everyone's entitled to their opinion without facing accusations from someone who's writing in a very silly manner...

one_winged_angel
08-12-2003, 04:43 AM
I just put what/where/when/who is for lunch? although in my opinion ff7 IS the greatest game ever but i just didn't want to admitt that squinn knows which games are best(yup i have a superierority complex, and my best friend has one too which is never good)

i agree with BuffaloFinalFantasy in some ways, i agree that you can't compare different games unless there is a HUGE gap in the fun factor, although i don't agree with his taste in games. I never did seem to like the dungeons on zelda that much i always just ran around in town, and super mario was just... bad. I thought the whole consept was crude and FAR beyond cliche, but its not for me to choose your opinion so im gonna shutup now *dies*

Ashley2
09-07-2003, 09:50 PM
SURE.

Kenshin IV
09-08-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
This thread is a FFVII vs. FFVIII flame-fest just waiting to happen.
Eight isn't anywhere near deserving to be in a versus thread with Seven. Six or Four on the other hand... That would be a different story.

I would have to say that Final Fantasy VII is my favorite RPG, but not by a lot. Final Fantasy VI, Tactics, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, they're all right up there. Even Final Fantasy IV, Lunar 1 & 2, Grandia, Chrono Cross, Tales of Phantasia, Shining Force, and Skies of Arcadia are worthy of mentioning as some of the greatest RPGs that I've played.

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 12:27 AM
Eight isn't anywhere near deserving to be in a versus thread with Seven. Six or Four on the other hand... That would be a different story.

That's totally opinionated. I personaly liked FFVIII more than FFVII. That's not to say that FFVIII was better. I have some friends who think FFX is the greatest game ever, and they haven't even played the other 11 FF games (11 ORIGINAL games, excluding remakes.) And then theres always the fool who thinks FFVII was better than any and everything, and won't even listen to your opinion because he is so moronic and hasn't even played any other FFs. So this is totally based on opinions. FFIX was my favorite, I liked FFVIII more than FFVII, but overall, FFVII quite possibly had to be the best in the series.

Advent Child
09-09-2003, 05:18 AM
no, because I've simply played more entertaining games than this one.

and.... JESUS! THIS IS NOT FFVII vs. FFVIII. You're just going to end up bitching at each other until everyone hates everyone else.

I really don't see how any RPG could be considered the best game ever. This thread is made like once a month.

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 11:40 PM
I'm not bitching at anyone. I'm just stating my opinion, and pointing out how what others think doesn't really matter. I loved 8, everyone else hated it. It doesn't matter what I say, no one will like it.

i90east
09-10-2003, 10:30 PM
FFVII is good, but these games are better:

Descent (PC)
Descent 2 (PC)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
F-Zero (SNES)
Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (PC)
Warcraft 2: Battle.net Edition (PC)
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne (PC)
X-Com: Enemy Unknown (PC)
X-Com 2: Terror From The Deep (PC)

That's it. If these games I listed didn't exist, then maybe FFVII would be the best. As you can see, only the SNES and PC have better games. That's pretty good. But... FFVII not the best. 10 games have it beat.

§håd0w
09-10-2003, 11:32 PM
IMHO, Warcraft 3 should be higher up :D

Magai
09-11-2003, 02:28 AM
FFVII, I'll admit is a good game, it's just soo damn overrated. The plot is ok but after that and the gameplay it falls flat with it's most of it's stoopid charatcers, sad and dark setting in a post apaclyptic world, and music, especially that theme in the over world when meteor is summoned NEAR crappiest thing EVER heard. Still I would recoomend this still even today over other games. but now with hig standards.

Advent Child
09-11-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
I'm not bitching at anyone. I'm just stating my opinion, and pointing out how what others think doesn't really matter. I loved 8, everyone else hated it. It doesn't matter what I say, no one will like it.
not you. just in general. it's already turning into that

i90east
09-11-2003, 06:57 AM
masamune, I put those in alphabetical order :)

Kindo
09-11-2003, 07:53 AM
"The greatest RPG of all time..." is Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy VII had a really good story and setting, and Final Fantasy VIII showed great personal relationships and such. But CT will always remain the greatest.

§håd0w
09-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by lj
not you. just in general. it's already turning into that

Ok, just wanted to clear that up, since it came after my post. But I see what you mean.

Originally posted by i90east
masamune, I put those in alphabetical order :)

Lol... so you did. I didn't notice that. Haha.

Advent Child
09-13-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
it was mainly to this guy for as soon as someone MENTIONED FFVIII vs FFVII he jumped on the chance to insult FFVIII. Masamune is right. Opinion.

Zeratul
10-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Final Fantasy VII is THE BEST rpg ever.... make that the best game EVER!!!!!!
Yes Final Fantasy VIII is good but every bought it because it was the next title after Final VII