PDA

View Full Version : Love Grows *Spoilers*

Beatrice
08-08-2003, 04:35 AM
Everyone talks about how Rinoa has changed Squall, how she has opened him up and made him a whole person.

Not a lot of people talk about the changes that happen in Rinoa.

They are quite subtle, and maybe I'm just making it up, but I think that Squall's influence has matured Rinoa. Towards the end of the game, she isn't as impuslive. She thinks a bit before she leaps, and she seems to understand consequence. (She had a bit of a problem with that early on.) Rinoa seems more "tame" and sober, although this may be due to the fact that hey...she's gone through some pretty wacky stress.

I like to think that Squall did as much for Rinoa as she did for him.

Thoughts?

Big D
08-08-2003, 05:39 AM
I agree. Rinoa was a much more appealing character to me, after Squall began to influence her. She was, as you said, calmer and more responsible. She also seemed less argumentative ands much less selfish. I think that had as much to do with Squall as it did with the characters' situation... being forced to go forth and save the world would be pretty sobering for anyone. Also, having the added repsonsibility of bearing Edea's sorceress powers would only compound the burden she had to carry.

When you think about it... Rinoa seemed to changed more than any of the other characters...

By the way, a thread like this should probably have a spoiler warning. *Adds one*

Beatrice
08-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Sorry about that. ^^;; Thank you for adding one.

I am debating how much of the situation effected her. During the assasination attempt during the first disk, she wanted to be out saving the world and helping and dove head first into danger. Although her first real alone battle shocked her into not being able to respond...

IamTidus
08-09-2003, 03:58 AM
I also agree, with there personalites and the way they rub off on each other. really made each of them better characters.