PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Sword or Esper?

Miles_the_11
08-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Whats best and why?

Shoyku
08-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Esper. Ultima.

Master.Pug
08-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Pick Rangarok-sword, because you can learn Ultima from the paladin shield!

Ragnarok-s rules because it may cast Flare itself while attacking & it uses MP to inflict mortal blow:D

Outsider
08-08-2003, 03:23 PM
... Esper.
You can steal the sword from one of the three goddesses anyway (Poltergeist, I guess).

Flying Mullet
08-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Sword. You can steal Ragnorak from one of Kefka's "parts" in the final battle, but not one of the Godesses. You don't find anything that great when you "itemize" an enemy with Ragnorak, and Ultima can be learned when you get the Paladin shield.

So if you're in a hurry to finish the game, the esper is the way to go(as you have to uncurse the Cursed Shield to get the Paladin Shield to learn Ultima), but if you want to make your party as powerful as possible, get the sword.

Here's similar thread that's discussing what you get if you "itemize" an enemy. It is also discussing which is better, the esper or the sword:
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37081

wolfmah
08-08-2003, 03:49 PM
You can't steal the sword from one of the God, only in the final battle, on the 3rd stage. It is Girl that have it hidden somewhere on her. And it really has no use at that point in the game cause....well....just play it, you will know :p *don't want to throw in a spoiler tag*

Darn you Flying Mullet for being faster than me :p

Outsider
08-08-2003, 04:29 PM
It was in the final battle, huh? Damn, I have to play this game again...

When I finished it for the 3rd and last time (it was 2 years ago) I got the sword instead of the Esper, and I remember I was pissed when I could steal the sword. But I remember stealing it from one of the goddesses. Hmmm....

playaGAW
08-12-2003, 03:58 AM
Esper and I don't remember learning Ultima from the paladin shield.

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by playaGAW
Esper and I don't remember learning Ultima from the paladin shield.
Yeah, the Paladin Shield teaches you "Ultima x1"

Master.Pug
08-12-2003, 07:04 PM
mh... I often heard about stealing Ragnarok from one of the gods...
perhaps there may be a chance to do a rare steal... you may get it instead of Minerva, Red Jacket or Safety Bit...
but I don't think so!

On my first runs through the game I took the Esper, but after I've saw the paladin shld teach it as well, I always took the sword, and its great;)
PS: bet it at the Colloseum to get the unbelievable Illumina-sword;)