PDA

View Full Version : Help with Adel

§håd0w
08-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Ok. This is my second time playing through the game, but I never really beat it the first time, I had major help with Adel (Someone did it for me.) This time I'm trying to beat herby myself. Im only at lv. 25 and I'm on the 4th disc. Someone give me some pointers on beating her.

Bahamut2000X
08-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Well using single attack spells and skills is useful. Also lot's of AP ammo and aura's for Irvine can help, just pumping her with lot's of ammor constantly is good. And with the Rinoa part that your trying to keep alive, just use protect, regen, and other protectives so she can stay alive. And basically just avoid attack that damage everyone so you don't hit Rinoa.

TheSpoonyBard
08-08-2003, 11:32 PM
You should level up a bit first as well.

Beatrice
08-09-2003, 12:46 AM
How did you make it all the way to disk four at a lvl 25? o.o;

Definately draw and cast regen on Rinoa and on the other characters. Level up a bit. And then beat the bloody daylights out of her.

I had a really hard time with Adel too my first few times around.

StarChild
08-09-2003, 05:50 AM
i dunno...i defeated Adel i think purely on accident or luck, my friend told me not to use Squall's Limit break cuz you could get Lion Heart (if you have the Lion Heart) and kill both Adel and Rinoa, well I did it and I got Lion Heart, the whole time thinking "oooo...this sucks." and i ended up beating her with Rinoa just fine...has that happened to anyone else?

Big D
08-09-2003, 06:14 AM
How did you make it all the way to disk four at a lvl 25? o.o;
Levelling up is irrelevant in FFVIII. If your party's at level 25, then Adel will only be at level 25 too. Keep it that way. It's far easier.

The best strategy for Adel...?
Have characters with high Strength in your team. Squall, Zell and Irvine are a good group. Use Cerberus to get Double and Triple status on everyone. Cast Meltdown on Adel, cast Aura on your team, and then let loose with some Limit Breaks. You might want to have Quistis on your team to support with spells like 'Mighty Guard' too.

Physical Limits are perfect against Adel, provided you use Meltdown first, to maximise their effectiveness.

§håd0w
08-09-2003, 02:46 PM
alright. thanks guys. somethin i also tried was setting rinoa's elemental resistance to lightning over 100 so she would absorb lightning attacks. then use quezacotl, i figgured it would worked, but i never got to summon it before i was beaten out of existance. and if i cast float on rinoa and then summon Brothers, will it miss her?

Beatrice
08-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Big D
Levelling up is irrelevant in FFVIII. If your party's at level 25, then Adel will only be at level 25 too. Keep it that way. It's far easier.

I understand that, but by sheer default of having to run to and fro, I end up with a level 25 by the end of the first disk or the beginning of the second. And that isn't taking time out to level up.

§håd0w
08-09-2003, 10:48 PM
i always rented a car. i never traveled by foot. i took a car whenever i could. thats y im still at 25 on disc 4. o yeah, and where can i draw meltdown from? I never got it either the first or second tiem i played it.

Big D
08-10-2003, 06:20 AM
I once got to the end of the game with a party that was all around the level 15 mark...

Meltdown can be refined using the Status Mag-RF ability; it's easier to get it that way than by drawing. Particularly with a low-level party. A few monsters have Meltdown at higher levels, though.

§håd0w
08-10-2003, 03:28 PM
what can i refine it from?

muchacho
08-11-2003, 01:31 AM
cast meltdown and then beat the living tar out of her with sqaulls limit break..... and pray to god that it doesnt hit rinoa.

§håd0w
08-11-2003, 05:17 PM
already beat her. thanks anyways, and thanks for everything else. and i found out that meltdown comes from mystery fluid. so this thread is over, and should be allowed to sleep now. thanks

Lena
08-29-2003, 12:14 AM
First of all... are you mad? How did you managed to get to the 4th disc with only 25 level? Anyway, I recommend you to level up and I guess you got the GF Leviathan, right?
If you do, then fight until you have mastered the Recover ability (see the GF menu), once you do that and have equipped that hability, do this:
1- cast shell and protect over Rinoa
2- cast meltdown on Adel
3- attack Adel with Irvine´s limit, I highly recommend the Armor shot, because it damages more than the others, meanwhile, with another party memeber summmon a GF (ifrit, shiva or quetzacoatl) and finally, with the other party member use the ability Recover over Rinoa. This ability recover 9999 HP....

Hope this makes your life easier. If you have another question don´t hesitate and ask me, OK? my email is TeriYaqui12@hotmail.com

§håd0w
08-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Thanks anyway... but if you read the post before, I said I was done with her. But thanks for the post anyway. I did somethin on the lines of what you wrote.

And levels are completely irrelevant in FFVIII. The enemies and bosses levels are usually the average of your 3 party members.