PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY VIII:SQUALL DURING THE ENDING?????? *SPOILERS*

blueangel
08-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Okey this a debate going on most of the world about Final Fantasy 8....so i'll just get to the point.

In the end of FFVIII, we all see a great ending with everyone in the party and Seifer and his friends and everything like that. Before that, we see Rinoa walking in the dark searching for Squall, then eventually finds him lying unconscious. Now, after everything gets bright, Rinoa looks down at Squall and is surprised...but at that point, Squall's face is not shown. That may be one proof that he is alive, but the covering of his face is a skepticism.

After that, Squall and Rinoa are standing looking up into the sky, and then look at each other. A majority say that this scene is a dream of Rinoa and a vision. Others say that it was during the party in Balamb Garden...Images on websites show that Squall and Rinoa looked at each other at the balcony during the party and Rinoa put up her index finger as she did in the beginning of the game...again, in the game, Squall isn't shown during the credits...at all. So that proves that Squall is dead...but the proof of Rinoa putting up her index finger proves that Squall is alive, on the other hand...

I want to know your opinion about this......its a little confusing you know........:) :) :) :)

Kami
08-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Maybe he didnt want to be in the credits huh? He's alive and you know it.

Beatrice
08-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Squall is very much alive, thanks. Rinoa wouldn't have looked so thrilled after the whole flower scene. And he's not shown in the credits because he's out on the balcony putting the moves on Rinoa. ^.~

Square just did that to put the gamer in suspense. "is he going to make it? FOR HEAVENS SAKES IF HE DOESN'T MAKE IT SO HELP ME I'M SWIMMING TO JAPAN AND TAKING OUT THE ENTIRE COMPANY! I hope he makes it. ;_;"

It was a very stressful thing for me the first time I saw it.

zacks_clone
08-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Square just did that to put the gamer in suspense. "is he going to make it? FOR HEAVENS SAKES IF HE DOESN'T MAKE IT SO HELP ME I'M SWIMMING TO JAPAN AND TAKING OUT THE ENTIRE COMPANY! I hope he makes it. ;_;"

AND some of us would too

TogiB
08-10-2003, 02:37 AM
Ok, everyone here, beat the game again. good, now wait until after the credits with the movie on it. ok, now there are some other credits. boring stuff, right? well, just be patient, and you will see another movie clip. the camera zooms onto Rinoa AND SQUALL standing on the balcony. Rinoa puts up her index finger, and....here is the part you CAN'T miss....SQUALL SMILES!!!! then of course they kiss. i swear, if you people were just a little more patient......:rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
08-10-2003, 02:40 AM
You people come up with the weirdest theories sometimes, I swear...

He's alive.

Rinna Lee
08-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Wasn't Squall dead right before the whole flower field scene came up? Because Rinoa revived him....right?

TheAbominatrix
08-10-2003, 05:06 AM
That isnt really stated, though it is possible. I dont think he's dead, I think he had merely given up hope, and perhaps laid down to give up and die... though I dont see just how he would die, seeing as he wasnt wounded or any such thing, was he?

Beatrice
08-10-2003, 05:11 AM
You can die of a broken heart. You can give up the will to live and die. Very plausible.

Anyone else cursing the horrible camera work on the kiss scene? I didn't want to see it from a distance. I WANTED TO BE RIGHT THERE. >.>

TheAbominatrix
08-10-2003, 05:26 AM
But giving up the will to live is not an instant death. Then again, playing with time could have sped up the process.

And I was glad it didnt show it up close. I want no part of that madness :D

Beatrice
08-10-2003, 05:58 AM
There would be nothing forcing you to watch. Just turn it off, easy done. *whimpers* I wanted serious sappy romance liplock. ;_;

Big D
08-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Squall is completely alive.
He just didn't hang around in the party, since he was with Rinoa fulfilling their promise of watching meteors together. Their smiles, embrace and kiss on the balcony didn't look all that illusory to me...

I don't think Squall was ever 'dead'... just very close, when he was trapped in that time-compressed void of his own making, separated from everyone and everything he ever cared about.

I'm glad this thread's title has a 'spoiler' warning... but even the title is a spoiler, so I'll just change it a little.

TogiB
08-11-2003, 01:38 AM
I've noticed something, Big D. your smart. lol:) you always come in and settle a dispute. on day, i want to be just like you with FF lol:tongue:

nanakixiii
08-11-2003, 02:23 AM
Yep, those kind of people are the ones that are worth calling "human." Other people then, are called "selfish little b*tches."

So, my lifelong aspiration is to become a better human by making my life meaningful to others. So, that should be your life too! The more "humans" we have, the greater the world becomes.

Kikyo
08-11-2003, 07:03 AM
well, about the credits i think the reason they don't show squall until after the very end credits is to add suspense (and to make people watch the credits that don't have pretty little videos next to it) otherwise, most people would just say "Game over" and turn off the game if they weren't expecting more to happen after ALL the credits. it's a cheap and cruel trick, but if your name was in those credits, you'd want everyone to suffer through them too. and besides, i don't think that everyone would be partying down if their number one hero died some horrible death in another dimension. and if squall was dead, i think Laguna would be hanging out at his grave too, not just Raine's. or maybe squall would have been buried next to his mother, and i never saw another head stone. but that's just me! :p

Big D
08-11-2003, 09:50 AM
well, about the credits i think the reason they don't show squall until after the very end credits is to add suspense That's certainly the effect it had on me. First time through, I was practically on the edge of my seat, silently screaming "Come ON! Is he alive or not!?! Please, just this once I'd like to have a slightly-less-vague ending!"

Kikyo
08-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Big D
That's certainly the effect it had on me. First time through, I was practically on the edge of my seat, silently screaming "Come ON! Is he alive or not!?! Please, just this once I'd like to have a slightly-less-vague ending!"

see!? their evil plan worked!

rinoapr
08-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Is just for a little bit of suspense, thats all. Anyway, everybody looks happy in the ending... so,... think, Squall is alive.

ShadowLinkX
06-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Squall doesn't die because you clearly see them after teh credits -_- but why does Square make FF Characters die when u have a phoenix down :P

Rantz
06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
This thread is about 7 years old and the conversation has long since died out, Shadow. Please don't revive threads this old unless you have something really important to add! Thank you! :shobon: