PDA

View Full Version : Network Issues

Killy
08-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Recently, my father tried to tempoary connect ou computer to another. Even if it didnt work out on the other end, it seems it did on this one. Since now, when I try to close my computer I (sometimes) get an error message telling me that Some computer is connected to mine... Since I know its not my other computer (its not even plugged in right now). I was wondering how am I supposed to remove the network settings so that people can no longer connect to my computer

I am using that pice of crap called WinME.

crono_logical
08-10-2003, 12:46 AM
I don't remember the exact way to do it for WinME, but I'd imagine it involves going into the properties for the connection and disable File and Printer Sharing. Also disable Client for Microsoft Networks if you want, but that one's more for you connecting to others instead of thew other way round.

If it's the same connection as you use for internet access, it could be a hacker on your PC for all you know, unless you have a firewall or router and are certain you've set it up correctly.

Killy
08-10-2003, 01:01 AM
Thanks a lot. Since the connections between the computers was supposed to be tempoary, I knew it was a hacker that was acessing my computer. But now I guess im pretty safe.