PDA

View Full Version : Sabin is being a bad boy ;_;

kwobtchan
08-10-2003, 12:54 AM
I've been playing FF6 on an emulator for all of two hours and I'm already in love with it... the non-obvious problem is now that I'm fighting Vargas, I seem to have run into some trouble! I hit A-left-right-left-A but it keeps telling me I'm putting the code in wrong (and that first A is to enter the "Blitz" command). Is there some trick to using his Blitzes? And will I ever need to use the dratted things again?

*is not excited about that prospect at present*

Strider
08-10-2003, 01:11 AM
You might want to double check your emulators to make sure right is right and left is left. Then, I guess, just make sure you're not pounding more than one button at once or going too slowly. If that happens, the input might not go through.

And yes, Blitzes are about the most important attack any person has. I hope that you get things fixed, because they'll be an immense help.

kwobtchan
08-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Double checked to make sure all the buttons were mappes correctly- it seems they are, so I tried it again. Still no luck! ;_; Muuu.

Possible problems...

1) I have really bad carpal tunnel in both hands. It could be that I can't press the buttons fast enough, though I thought I was doing pretty good (was going at about the speed I type and I still go 60 WPM).

2) I read through the instructions it gives you in game again, and, according to them, a cursor should appear as a cue to input the Blitz moves. I see no cursor and during the rest of the Vargas fight, the display is pulling some interesting things with the regular cursor.

3) Because of my wrists, I have remapped some of the buttons. It's possible the rom hasn't accepted all the changes (my copy of FF4 is doing that too).

*goes off to beat her emulator with a stick*

I mapped, re-mapped unmapped and kicked the keys. Still no luck ;_;.

Ok, now THAT'S Interesting.
I was obliged to reboot my laptop for unrelated reasons, and now suddenly it's working O_O;;;.

Thank you so much for your help though :). I love Sabin now as opposed to wanting to hurt him.

It's really not necessary to post three times in a row - the 'edit/delete' button is handy for those little changes.:) ~ Big D

4stringthing
08-11-2003, 04:43 AM
I had the same problem. It turned out that somehow I had accidentally put both the LEFT button and the SELECT button as number 4 on my keypad.

Strider
08-11-2003, 05:11 AM
It's on a laptop, huh? Well, if it was on a regular computer, I would've recommended that you adjust the buttons to fit the 10-key pad. It makes Blitzes very easy to pull off.

Bum Rush, as an example, would be 4-7-8-9-6-3-2-1-4. Pretty simple. . .just around the horn.

kwobtchan
08-12-2003, 12:06 AM
I have to tell you, I'm muchly tempted to move the bloody emulator and save files to my regular computer- both for the sake of pulling off bum rushes *snerk- yes, I'm immature, I LOVE that name for all the wrong reasons*. Seems the vid card on said laptop won't support Star Ocean. But that'll be after I finish some FFs.

I also had some keys double mapped- specifically, I had some of the sprite set toggles set as letter buttons, so every time I hit "a" all the characters would vanish or re-appear.

Hmm, there's no one I don't like in FF6 so far, but once I got his buttons to work, I think Sabin became my favorite :mog: .

Star of Penumbra
08-12-2003, 06:58 AM
Okay, here's the way it works (for me anyway): When inputting sabin's Blitzes with a keyboard, don't try to roll your fingers the way you would with a game pad. Rember to tap the keys, don't hold them down.

For AuraBolt, press Down, Down, Left, A.

FireDance: L, L, D, D, R, A.

AirBlade: U, U, R, R, D, D, L, A.

Bum Rush: L, L, U, U, R, R, D, D, L, A.

The others are simple to do with a keyboard, since they don't require rolling.

It's a bit difficult at first, but once you get the hang of them you'll probably be pulling them off far more easily and consistantly than you ever could with a pad.

During the Vargas fight, you can't use Pummel until you're supposed to, but you can do AuraBolt and Suplex (Suplex always missesd though).

crono_logical
08-12-2003, 09:56 AM
I found the speed you enter blitzes doesn't seem to matter when I played on an emulator. Might just be me though :p

And what's so hard about rolling over the keys for the circular input blitzes? :p

Strider
08-12-2003, 06:05 PM
During the Vargas fight, you can't use Pummel until you're supposed to, but you can do AuraBolt and Suplex (Suplex always missesd though). Actually, you can use it whenever you want.