PDA

View Full Version : FFIX on pc??

defier
08-11-2003, 05:48 AM
How come FFIX never came out on pc? I'm sure that the sales for FFVII and FFVIII on the pc were pretty good!

Len
08-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Well off hand I would say that in all probability the sales weren't spectacular.

That is probably what it would have taken in order for IX to be ported to the pc.

I do recall that at the time that IX was released there was a petition on the web that people could add their names to. However, as with all things Square nothing really came of it. :whoa:

crono_logical
08-11-2003, 05:17 PM
You can always use an emulator and run the PSX version on the PC anyway, that's how I played FF9 :p

Len
08-11-2003, 05:29 PM
So crono_logical exactly what type of emulator did you use for this purpose? :eek:

Bleem or otherwise. Further info would be appreciated. :whoa:

defier
08-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Thanks Len. That does make sense why it didn't come out. It's funny that they weren't popular because i bought both my FFVII and FFVIII copies off ebay (brand new) and people where paying through the roof for these games... and they are still wanted games these days for pc.

I do play FFIX through ePSXE on my pc but i would still prefer one made for the pc...

Len
08-12-2003, 12:04 PM
I agree with you on the point of VII and VIII. I have both the PS and pc versions and enjoy playing them equally.

Thanks for the advice on the PSX emulator. I'll download it and try it tonight. :cool:

Regards,

Len

defier
08-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Hey Len,

Go to www.epsxe.com

It's not too hard to setup. You need plugins for video, sound, etc. Plus you also need a psx bios. Then you just run the iso.. or cd.

If you have any problems just look on the forum there.