PDA

View Full Version : Battle Arena Special Battle Prizes

musashius
08-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Alright, so recently I've gotten back into Final Fantasy VII in an attempt to completely master it (that means getting Aerith to level 99 - I hope that's possible).

Since I have already beaten the game several times through, I decided to dig up my old Brady Games Official Final Fantasy VII Strategy Guide to make things much more simple and so I can thoroughly strategize how I will supe all my guys up.

Now, this is sad, I know. After beating the game at least 5 times, I've never had a complete game before. I never tried the special battles in the battle arena, for one.

So I was reading my strategy guide a while back and noticed that the strategy guide said this:

"After collecting 64,000 Battle Points, you're offered the chance to compete in the special battles. However, you must have also purchased the Omnislash and the W-Summon Materia. This is a tougher fight, but there are different prizes to win. The prizes include: Gambler, Masamune Blade, Combat Diary, and Autograph.

From my past knowledge, I believe the Masamune Blade is the sword Sephiroth uses, no? I'm just wondering if this "Masamune Blade" the strategy guide mentions is the one Sephiroth uses. Now, I'm not making up a rumor or anything. I'm just curious. See, I haven't played this game in a very long time and I've only recently discovered this piece of information from an official source.

So basically what I want to know is if this "Masamune Blade" really exists or did Brady Games screw up?

DarkNation
08-12-2003, 01:50 AM
Its only a replica weapon.You cant actually use it.In fact there are a few prizes in the battle arena you cant use.........autograph,supersweeper,tissue.....

Anyway doesnt sephiroth use the murasame?
Doesnt really matter though.

Big D
08-12-2003, 02:18 AM
None of those 'special prizes' do anything except sit in your inventory and provide gloating rights.

Oh, and the 'Masamune Blade' is a useless replica of Sephiroth's Masamune; Murasame is a sword that's available for Cloud.

Which is strange, since the Masamune of legend was a 'sword of good', while Murasame was an evil blade...

Master.Pug
08-12-2003, 05:10 AM
the special prices are:

Final Attack(the first time you beat this fight)
2 kinds of Autograph(Dio's Autograph 1+2)
Dio's Diary
Ribbon(I got it after I beat it several times, I never got more than 1)

You get the Masamune-Blade for beating the Speed-Square game, you need at least 3000 pts to have a chance to get this trash-item;)

(what wouldya do without me:p )

musashius
08-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DarkNation
Anyway doesnt sephiroth use the murasame?

No, "Murasame" is a sword that's available for Cloud.

Booooooooooooooooooooo this sucks. Damn useless items.

DarkNation
08-13-2003, 12:03 AM
While the ribbon supply in the game is endless, you cant actually win one from the battle arena as far as i know.You probably got it from somewhere else and thought it was form the special battle.

Meow
08-13-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Which is strange, since the Masamune of legend was a 'sword of good', while Murasame was an evil blade...

Ah! i've known that story about the ancient swordmaker who created two swords of opposing alignment - and, of course, its major reference in FF7 - for quite a while, but i could never remember which was which. Odd that Cloud carries the evil one; i'd always assumed it was the other way around, for obvious reasons. The swords are of ancient legend, aren't they?

Sorry for not helping the topic any, but it's all been covered nicely. :p

Master.Pug
08-13-2003, 09:36 AM
@ Dark Nation
try to beat the special fight 30 times!
I'm sure you get a ribbon within those 30 fights!

it isn't worth it because you can get em while morphing those plant-monsters or Tonberry's but you can get 1 from this special fight for sure;)

DarkNation
08-13-2003, 11:13 PM
Ive beaten it more than 30 times before and i am convinced you cant get a ribbon from it......but it has been ages since i played the game so does anyone else actually know for a fact?