PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions around the Calmlands/Gagazet area

Xander
08-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey, I have a couple of questions/general wonderings, I had another but it's totally slipped my mind right now....

The first is:

- In the Cavern of the stolen fayth, when you fight the "Magic Pot" enemy is there any particular order you have to hit the eyes in or is it just luck every time?

And the second:

- Where is the chocobo woman in the Calmlands?? (The one who lets you do races and games). I just left the Calmlands, beat Defender X, went to Mt Gagazet then wandered back into the Calmlands to ride a chocobo and the woman isn't in the same place (which was the north) I can't find her anywhere!

Does she come back later?

Thanks in advance :)

Flying Mullet
08-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Xander
- Where is the chocobo woman in the Calmlands?? (The one who lets you do races and games). I just left the Calmlands, beat Defender X, went to Mt Gagazet then wandered back into the Calmlands to ride a chocobo and the woman isn't in the same place (which was the north) I can't find her anywhere!
The chocobo trainer is just below the shop in the middle of the Calm Lands.

Xander
08-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Ah..cheers. I didn't search the entire area just the top half so I probably missed her. Silly me :rolleyes:

DarkNation
08-12-2003, 01:58 AM
The magic pot eye thing is in fact random every time.
And doesnt the chocobo woman go to the south east corner of the calm lands, up the hill?
You know, the place where you race her from.

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 08:04 PM
What do you get if you get all of the magic dots right?

Daedalex
08-12-2003, 08:53 PM
From what I've seen. The chocobo woman changes position depending on where you enter from. If you come from macalania woods, she's up on the hill where the race starts. If you come from the valley, she is down there. If you come from the airship, she is near the al bhed shop.

Xander
08-12-2003, 10:09 PM
I still can't find her and it's REALLY annoying walking around the entire Calmlands on foot :grr:
I haven't got the airship yet... I entered from the top (before Mt Gagazet). I walked by the shop and all the way to the south east corner! Maybe it's cos I don't have the airship yet?

Anyway no matter I've decided to carry on with the story for now and come back when I have the airship :)

Another weird thing I was wondering (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

...my friend told me that you can't get Yojimbo before you get the airship, but I did and I was in another forum and they said also that Lulu won't let you down there until you have the airship! But I went down there fine...has anyone else got Yojimbo before the airship?

Daedalex
08-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Yeah you can get Yojimbo before the airship. It's pretty easy too, since you make enough cash from fights in the calmlands. I didn't like him at first, but he grew on me as the story game went on. If you're entering from gagazet, the trainer SHOULD be near the entrance. Walk a little to the left (Yours, not Tidus's). Keep going left from the gagazet entrance until the revine stops you, then walk towards the forest. you SHOULD find him along the way. If not, just wait for the airship. :)

DarkNation
08-13-2003, 12:22 AM
By the south east corner are you sure you were up the hill? If you just go straight to the corner from the shop or wherever you wont be. If you enter the calmlands from macalania you are raised above the rest of the calmlands and you walk dowm to them by goin left, but try going right coz in that corner is where she is later on anyway, not ssure bout before you get the airship though. but i think i remember her being to the extreme west of the shop, try that.

Xander
08-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Umm...not sure what forest your talking about? But I wonder if she would only come into view when I was quite close to her...in which case I'd have to do more than stand at the top and look down :rolleyes2

Anyway I've decided to come back after I have the airship..

Oh and DarkNation's reply reminds me of another question. In the Southeast corner you are talking about, do you mean the one where the treasure chests were ? (2 treasure chests)

And the question I have about that corner is, it seems like you should be able to do something there or go there later? There's like rubble covering it and on the map there's a section to the right of it that you can't get to? (Like in Yojimbo's cave where you could see those areas but only get to them using the teleporter thing)

It seems a bit weird.....?

XeQtR
08-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Xander: for me she was diagonally opposite of the treasure chests (that means northwest) before the airship, and later on, with the airship, she was right outside the small shop place in the center.

DarkNation
08-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Thats what i mean.The treasure chests are not the very south east corner.When you actuall race against her she is in the south east corner but not by the chests.Heres what to do:
Go down to the south west corner and you should be able to walk up a hill going eastwards which raises above the calmlands.Then keep going right (east) to the last screen and that is where you race her.