PDA

View Full Version : what techniques did you use on the last battle in FF8? *SPOILERS*

Kikyo
08-12-2003, 09:22 AM
since in FF8, you had the opportunity to use all of your people, i had to make some last minute adjustments and discoveries and after battling ultimecia a few times (and losing) and figuring out what i was up against, i came up with the perfect formula...

Selphie: was my weakest so i gave her nothing... except cactuar and then i made her use kamikaze HAHA!
Irvine: I used the ammo mod to get as much pulse ammo as humanly possible cuz it took off 9,999
Quistis: she has mighty gaurd...
Rinoa: i used her dog nonstop in hope it would make me invincible:D
Zell: i figured out the exact pattern to get to my final heaven... that was good
Squall: My strongest character... i had him at 9,999 hp and he had the lionheart. everyone else i basically used to keep him in good shape!

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Shouldn't this be on the FFVIII forum, not the FFT forum?

crono_logical
08-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Maybe :p

I found Draw/Cast Apocalypse was nice, including the graphics for that spell :p

HOOTERS
08-12-2003, 02:45 PM
99 megalixers helped.

Peegee
08-12-2003, 03:32 PM
It sure did for me too :p

Zell: Ergeiz (or however it's spell) and armaggedon fists
Squall: Lionheart
Irvine: Fast ammo which knocks off up to 99000 hp damage or even 100 000
Quistis: Mighty Guard
Selphie: Full-cure/aura casting
Rinoa: nothing. She dies *kamikaze*

note I don't approve of using invincible moon, hence Rinoa has no use in the entire game (plot wise as well) ^_^

Spatvark
08-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Oh PG, how little you know about Rinoa. She was my biggest hitter in that final battle.

Quistis: Killed her in the first minute.
Irvine: Same goes for him.
Rinoa: Cast Aura on her, and then set off Angel Wing. Since the only spell in her inventory that she could cast was Meteor, she cast that every single time, averaging about 60,000 damage per turn.
Squall: Renzokuken's and casting Meltdown on the new forms.
Zell: Duels (Armageddon Fists is deadly, but is so annoying to do, so I didn't bother; I just messed about with the combo's) and casting Meltdown on the new forms.
Selphie: Never even saw the battle.

Peegee
08-12-2003, 09:07 PM
I thought Rinoa's spell casting was random, and hypothetically can cast any spell (even if she didn't have).

*shrug* has it been that long?

Meow
08-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Seriously, i just prepared three of my characters - Quistis, Squall, and... erm... Zell - and let everyone else die. Quite frankly, when i fought the final battle i had no expectation of winning; i was just curious what it was like. Because i went in so unprepared and won anyway, i think it's a pretty easy battle. Especially with - in my case - Quistis' blue magic. Big Guard, anyway (all her other magic sux0rz, i say). Apply Zell's limit breaks liberally, give her a solid thwacking with Squall, and voila: ending movie. i didn't have any 'ultimate' weapons, nor did i have Squall's strongest finishing move. Go figure.

Ahh, PG, she can cast any spell she has stocked. i'm pretty sure, anyway. There's a whole mess of strategy guides on tailoring her magic stocks for different battles.

StarChild
08-13-2003, 07:28 AM
well...all my chacaters died except for Rinoa, Squall, and Selphie...I used Selphie to cast curga and Aura on everyone and I used Squall's Lion Heart, and I finally beat the game with Angelo's attacks...and i think it was one of the weaker attacks.

omega killer
08-13-2003, 07:38 AM
i just used aura on squall and beat the crap out of her with lionheart

Peegee
08-13-2003, 09:26 AM
you need meltdowns though, and with aura, each battle will only take one or two (maybe three) rounds. Yay.

Anubos
08-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I casted aura on squall, the holy war (<-- I think thats the one that makes your whole party invisible like) ne wyas it wont let u get hurt by magic etc. and had the other 2 using gf's. 1 using Eden, the other using Bahumet (guessing thats right spelling) It just worked out lucky for me that she chose these 3 to start the battle, none of them died. I just had to wait on my summongings after like every 2 or 3 times so i could recast aura and holy war but it worked out pretty nice for me.

prince leon
08-17-2003, 07:05 PM
It was limit breaks all the way with me. Squall of course dominated with Lionheart the entire fight and of course i healed with Megalixers when needed

Lena
09-02-2003, 12:55 AM
I only got 3 members with Junction: Squall, Irvine and Rinoa. They´re the most powerful. After that, I cast Meltdown on Ultimecia, Griever, Ultimecia junctioned with Griever and Final Ultimecia... and then just blow them to smithereens with my limit breaks. EASY!!!!!

~*Crystal*~
09-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Step 1: Cast Meltdown on enemy
Step 2: Aura on Squall
Step 3: Aura on one more strong member (fro me it was either Quistis or Irvine)
Step 4: Cast Limit breaks
Repeat....

Also have one person with Revive(I had Squall), one with Recover and a handfull of Megalixirs for Hell's judgement by Final Ultimecia.

The last battle is a pretty easy one. The REAL challenge lies with the Omega Weapon, easily the toughest BOSS in the entire game...

Ifrit's Bodyguard
09-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Megaelixer

Advent Child
09-06-2003, 06:00 AM
Kill everyone till I get my good party

Squall: Regular Attack/Recover if need be
Quistis: Regular Attack/Recover/Revive if need be
Selphie: Regular Attack/Recover/Revive if need be

it's not a difficult battle. i eitehr do that or I screw around with irvine's shots.

Kami
09-06-2003, 09:52 PM
i hate that random picking party and greiver blowing all of your stocked spells away.

cheer
05-20-2004, 02:18 PM
me i killed all my peeps til i got to my party, which is squall, rinoa and zell. (it was kwyt funny to see selphie flailing herself or irvine shooting quistis to kill themselves..harhar just kidding)ü aand then when it was squall-rinoa-zell, squall cast meltdown on edea and then an aura on himself, zell casts protect-shell-haste on himself, rinoa does the same on her then casts them on squall in the next round while zell casts cerberus on ppl. after the "prerequisites" everyone just attacks and squall does his limitbreaks and ppl toss ppl megalixirs just in case fr. time to time and that's it=D haha..ü

Iceglow
05-20-2004, 04:27 PM
all characters set up ready to rock and roll, full magic set for everyone and two gfs (expert set up I discovered myself and keep secret but lets say it involved a lot of forget items for my gfs) final weapons on everyone and all limit moves learned and every command unlocked in the castle. whoever I got alongside squall could fight but I tried to get Selphie and irvine (two most useful limits in the game after squalls when all stats are maxed) still didn't have to worry only got upset once selphies full life to stat def got deleted by griever

DocFrance
05-20-2004, 07:12 PM
I used the secret yet deadly "Beat-Everything-That-Moves-to-a-Bloody-Pulp no Jutsu."

Peegee
05-21-2004, 04:37 AM
Holy post bump.

Here's a challenge. Try to beat the last boss using nothing but berzerk (isn't there some ability that allows this?)

Flashback007
05-22-2004, 09:04 PM
I used only three caracter (damn word).
Squall: Lionheart and other things like that
Rinoa: Using her dog for invincibilty and healing
Irvine: Shooting ammo and healing
All their HP were 9999 HP. It took me a half hour. I the last form of Ultimecia, I also drawed Apocalyps. They all survived all the battles and never died.

This party I also used on every battle against Seifer and the other socceres, Edea.

Ultima Shadow
05-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Squall: any gunblade as long as it's not lion heart, recover, item and magic.
Quistis: Save the queen, revive, item and magic.
Rinoa: Her best weapon (forgot its name), defend, item and magic.
Me (the player): Blindfold, didn't see anything trough the whole battle and had to figure out the situation by listening to the sound effects.

No hero or invincible moon or wathever invurnable making move. No megaelexirs. Defeated Omega weapon this way too.

DJZen
05-23-2004, 08:13 PM
I just used Squall, Zell and Rinoa. I let the other 3 die. For the first heat I just smacked her around with my Gunblade 'till she ran home crying and her big brother came to beat me up. Then I pretty much just used meltdown and hit him a lot. Then when Ulty came back to do a team up move of death I just used meltdown again. I only had about 4 Auras so I just used those for the last fight. Invincible moon came in SUPER handy, but I didn't use Angel Wing 'cause I didn't know how to tweak it at the time.

Trumpet Thief
05-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Rinoa and Angel Wing worked wonders for me. Quistis used Shockwave Pulsar, Squall with Lionheart, and Zell with the attacks Booya and th eother one, 'cause they work faster, letting you hit more times, doing more damage. With Selphie I used Rapture, and Irvine, I used Hyper shot. She wasn't tough.

Plenty_Purple
05-24-2004, 02:38 AM
I came into the fight with Squall already in 'yellow' so his limit would be easier. Immediantly I cast Holy War (Had 100 of them thanks to refining the Gilgamesh card a few times) and just waited for Squall to finish her off with a couple of limits.

Does kamikaze work? I would think it would be like normal and just remove the character from the battle without 'absorbing it into time'. *shrugs*

Snappie88
06-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Just ended my session with defeating Ultimecia. This is what I did.

I got lucky end started with the three males who where far more powerfull than the females (Rinoa excluded).

Irvine was my HP rock, with triple on him and casting shell/curaga/haste/full-life/aura/esuna from time to time. Strength on 71, HP on 9999 and high magic. Speed was average.

Zell and Squall where pretty much the same. Both with Speed junctioned so they where fast even without haste. Also Strength over 170 and both with aura or less HP limit breaking.

That's how i beated her. Just limit break all the way. Even without Lionheart :)

unclepodger
06-19-2004, 04:07 AM
One nice trick is when ulty casts hells judgement, do quistis white wind. It will heal all the characters 9998 hp, effectively nullifying hells judgement. Even better, let irvine use his pulse ammo just before using white wind. You will get a REALLY long time to shoot.

ChaosCalibur
06-19-2004, 04:31 AM
Erm, Ultimecia eh?... I myself haven't beaten her until i was at lvl 100 with most characters... Hmmm, First i junctioned my summons to my main party (Zell, ( ZELL ZELL ZELL!!!) Squall and rinoa) I let the rest use a few limit breaks and die... So from there, i just kept everyone at low XP and did limit breaks... not much of a strategy though... Here's a good technique though, junction Drain to your attack, and learn the ability darkside, use darkside and you will drain 9999 HP (From the enemy) and do 9999 damage!(Although it still depends on your stats) But your HP will always be 1000 under your max... Since you drain before you do the attack...

nik0tine
06-19-2004, 05:19 AM
i let everyone die except Rinoa, Selphie, and Squall. Rinoa has Revive, Squall has Recover. Selphie summons cerberus, Rinoa summons Eden, ultimecia is dead. rinoa or selphie then casts aura on everybody. i then proceed to beat the hell out of griever. i keep everyone in good helth 'till shockwave pulsar, then just heal with revive and recover, or full cure. griever is dead by now. if aura is off i re cast it, if not i just keep using limits on the next form. he will always die before he gets to use his special attack. then i just repeat this process again against the final form of ultimecia. when she brings my hp down to one squall will usually heal himself or rinoa with recover and selphie will use full cure. if anybody dies they are revived by a full life or the revive ability. keep using this up and ultimecia dies before she even gets the chance to draw apocolypse. then my game freezes about the time when laguna is giving the ring to raine.

Cloudane
06-21-2004, 12:39 PM
I just kept resetting until Squall was in the party, used Meltdown on her, aura on the party and had Squall dish out Lionheart. Slash slash slash, gone in a flash :D

Ultima Shadow
06-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I have defeated both Ultimecia and Omega Weapon with a blindfold + no cheap moves. Also, I have soloed them both + Ultima Weapon.

System Id
06-21-2004, 04:35 PM
I just constantly used Holy Wars to stay invincible and hacked away at her until she finally died. Took forever, though.

kikimm
06-26-2004, 03:31 AM
Well.....I leveled all my charactres up to 100, which didn't take that long. I got all the weapons and stuff, but come on, that's usuually a given. The last battle, even though I had read about it taking a very long time, and the HP was enormous. But it only took me about 15/20 minutes, no one ever died, and I even had one characer in my party that wasn't junctioned at all( I just gave all that stuff to the characters who I thought would be most useful, mostly depending on their limit breaks). I'm not bragging, or anything like that, but I was expecting it to be a lot harder. That's why I leveled up so high, and made sure I had gotten everything. She didn't even get to finish everything that she was saying, `cause apocalypse wiped her out. Sad, but it was still fun. No matter what other people say, my fav. in the series. Last bosses are never hard anyway, with the right strategy.

:D

Cuchullain
06-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Cast Meltdown a few times with whomever happens to be out, even if they're not levelled up. Attack with all characters, with one using Megalixers or Hero's. My strongest three are normally Squall, Quistis and Rinoa, so I just wait until all three are out. I don't tend to use limit breaks until the final form, and then I only use one once.

Renzokuken_RedDragon
08-07-2004, 03:41 PM
The first thing I did was to set up three main people for the battle. Choose who you want to fight and level them up to Lv. 100. It dosen't matter what level the others are, as when they die they get replaced. DO EVEYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO KEEP YOUR MAIN THREE ALIVE THOUGH.

This done, master all the GFs (as in get all abilites by fighting on Cactuar island). Get Tonberry and Jumbo Cactuar and master them as well. Don't worry so much about Odin/Giglamesh.

Now, junction the GFs to your main three so that everyone can junction magic to more or less all of their things like HP. Get everyone 9999HP, at least 200 strength, and 120 speed (with auto-haste on everybody you will get 240 speed.)

Don't worry about weapons, except the Lionheart gunblade. Get this and you will get Renzokuken finsher "Lionheart". This does about 25 strikes with 9999 damage each time.

Now just fight as you normally would. Cast aura on Squall to do Renzokuken with every attack, and don't bother summoning GFs against Griever.

PS. Fight Omega Weapon as a warm up.

Lord_Seymour
09-12-2004, 04:25 AM
1.summon ceberus
2.cast triple haste
3.cast all your defenceive magicks, Protect, Shell
4.cast triple meltdown on boss
5.cast triple aura
6.cast triple regen
7.use limits to easily defeat boss
8.dont forget to occasionaly cast triple Ultima (why else spend so much time drawing it if not to cast it in the FINAL battle?)

its been a while, but i think thats about it, worked for me.

gokufusionss1
09-12-2004, 12:46 PM
ZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZE LLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAK

Polaris
09-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Selphie - Attacks and auras and then she dies... *evil laugh*
Irvine - Fast ammo and he died *evil laugh*
Zell - His limit break then he died *evil laugh*
Quistis - Cactuar, Eden, she had Mighty Guard... she never died!!!!
Rinoa - She had the dog and I was praying for her dog to put me Invencible!
Squall - Lion Heart... Cerebus... Curagas, Auras and Meltdown....

I suffered so much to win the first time Ultimecia!

CloudSquallandZidane
09-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Constant Eden. Junctioned Aura to Strength on 3 chracters. Constant Aura on Squall, and on the 3rd Chracter Constant Haste or Cerebrus. I beat both of them with Squall ar 1 hp and every1 else was dead and lost in time.