PDA

View Full Version : What is the point?

Brian The Pink Shark
08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
What is the point of HP<.>Mp materia?

BG-57
08-12-2003, 01:12 PM
I started a similar thread a while ago and we agreed it had two uses:

1) It allows characters to reach their limit breaks faster (since limit breaks fill with damage in proportion to total hit points, not just damage)

2) It allows characters to cast MP-hungry spell combos.

musashius
08-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by BG-57
1) It allows characters to reach their limit breaks faster (since limit breaks fill with damage in proportion to total hit points, not just damage)

2) It allows characters to cast MP-hungry spell combos.

Precisely. Once you're all suped up with great materia, you can just combo-it-up against basically anything and not get hit once (except maybe those two WEAPONS, I guess).

However, a great way to build limit breaks is to just fight monsters that cast Demi 3. There's one outside of Nibelheim that has wings and red pants. Looks kinda funny. I never used HP<->MP materia because I never really had a need to use that much MP in one battle.

one_winged_angel
08-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Its also especially good with the phoenix+final attack combo coz you have less hp and die more often so you summon phoenix more often, hence doing more damage and yet you still have 9999mp to sustain it (if your good enough)

musashius
08-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Personally I found HP<->MP pretty useless. As long as you have a few Mimes set up, you should be fine (since Mime doesn't take any MP).

Big D
08-15-2003, 12:49 AM
HP<>MP Materia has novelty value, I'll give it that. It's also a sure-fire way to get the most out of Cid and Red XIII's ultimate weapons, since the power of the Venus Gospel and Limited Moon is proportional to the characters' MP.

one_winged_angel
08-15-2003, 12:51 AM
I always think of aeris' limits when people say venus gospel

and on a more relevant note, i thought hp<->mp was a great piece of thinking from square and can be extremely useful if you use it right

§håd0w
08-18-2003, 01:12 AM
haha. same here bro. venus gospel - great gospel