PDA

View Full Version : Best phrase? (possible Spoilers)

Flare_Star
08-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Your fave phrase?

Mine would be "leave the fiends to us proffesionals!"
-Rikku, on the airship. I like that thing she does-like some model

SirenGriever
08-12-2003, 03:45 PM
My favorite phrase would have to be right before beating sin:

Tidus: "Every blitzer knows: when you got the ball, you gotta score!"

or when Tidus says: "Let's get ready to Blitz!" right before you beat sin.

Strange. I normally don't really listen to what Tidus has to say half the time.:tongue:

Daedalex
08-12-2003, 06:27 PM
My fav would have to be in the Gagazet caves. When you fight the dark flan, bring in rikku and she says:
"Heeeey, do you think thats edible?"
Or something like that. I laugh evertime I hear it.

arcdragon9
08-13-2003, 12:16 AM
Mine would be at a begging of battle when Yuna, Lulu, and anyone not Wakka is there. Then Yuna says in a Wakka voice
"be a lot of feinds out today yah?"
and Lulu scolds playfuly
"don't talk like that"
cracked me up.

Daedalex
08-13-2003, 01:02 AM
What What What!? I've never heard that one! What point in the game can you get it?

Flare_Star
08-13-2003, 12:08 PM
i havnt heard it either

Xander
08-13-2003, 01:22 PM
My fave is probably when Rikku says "You big meanie!" and also when she calls Yuna "Yunie".

I also thought it was amusing when Wakka said "Where's the early bird when you need him?" when you are fighting that giant worm thing in Sanubia Desert.

I haven't heard Yuna say that Wakka voice either! I wanna see that..

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Pitiful mortals! YOU'RE HOPE ENDS HERE!! AND YOU'RE MEANINGLESS EXISTANCE WITH IT!!!!

Seymore

(WHO IS COOL!!)

Bloodfest
08-14-2003, 01:37 AM
Auron, when he says "Well, how
about it! Now is the time for resolution. Will you be happy in death, or will you stay alive and fight sorrow! With that feeling in your heart, it's time to set the story in motion!"

That was at one of the few times that all of the gaurdians seemed to all agree with each other on what to do.

Auron has to be my favorite character :D

Zild
08-14-2003, 04:27 PM
First time you play Blitzball:

"Where's THAT PLAYER going?"

NOT!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist it...)

Yuna doing Wakka is good, as is the bit about the early bird with the sandworm, I agree. :)

Flare_Star
08-14-2003, 10:49 PM
i always grin when wakka is about to deal the final blow on a fiend and he says "BOOYAH"

Shayo
08-15-2003, 06:59 PM
my favs r when tidus says during a fight " Yuna Aeon" then then lulu says watch ur mouth or sumthin like that..... and another fav is when tidus and yuna are talking about sin and he says" ya but how do u beat somthing so huge?" while he says that he's like beating on an invisible drum or sumthin i laughed my pants off.... and the yuna soundin like wakka thing was funny too

neeber
08-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Bloodfest
Auron, when he says "Well, how
about it! Now is the time for resolution. Will you be happy in death, or will you stay alive and fight sorrow! With that feeling in your heart, it's time to set the story in motion!"

That was at one of the few times that all of the gaurdians seemed to all agree with each other on what to do.

Auron has to be my favorite character :D

Huh?
He says that just before the Yunalesca fight i assume, right?
Prolly the US version.

In my game he says: Now! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

That beeing my favourite quote in the whole game, and about the only one that sounds.... real.

Flare_Star
08-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by neeber
Now! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

thats what i had, or somthin like that

Flare_Star
08-22-2003, 04:26 PM
"you're totally nuts!!" tidus to seymour, highbridge

SirenGriever
08-22-2003, 08:35 PM
"Chappu also said to me...That being with your girl is good...But keeping Sin far away from her is better."--Luzzu

Or this one is pretty good too :D:

"Pick spot. Shut up. Wait." -Kimahri

Auron's got some pretty cool phrases too:

"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life." -Auron

soulICE
08-23-2003, 03:09 AM
Rikku when she does the finishing blow on an enemy with an overkill yells "woohoo!!!" cracks me up.

what i find annoying tho, is when tidus says "you like that?" just about everytime he does the finishing move. i almost want to scream at him hoping he'll learn a new line :rolleyes2

Xander
08-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Yeah as much as I :love: Tidus his phrases bug me too sometimes especially when I was monster catching and kept fleeing from the wrong monsters, he kept repeating "live and let live" or "i'll be right back" I just wished he would give it a rest sometime. He did when swimming underwater though :D

Ooh I also like when Rikku says "Who makes these things?" about the Demonliths I think.

§håd0w
08-24-2003, 03:00 AM
"You can cram your fireworks and festivals you big meanie!!!" Rikku to Wakka once home was destroyed

Leia
08-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Any cheesy Lulu fighting lines such as...
" Icing on the cake!" (when producing ice)
" Burn!" (in cheesy way for fire)
Wot was the 1 for lightning again? I'm sure it was the best 2! Anyway, they're good!

Flare_Star
08-25-2003, 09:32 PM
i dont know the bolt one (soz lightenin im playin ff5)
but water is cheesy: "anyone thirsty?"

Xander
08-25-2003, 10:08 PM
I *think* that the lighting one might be something like "get ready for a storm" or "prepare for a storm" not entirely sure though..

MJN SEIFER
08-25-2003, 10:22 PM
"Burn!" = Fire

"Freeze!" = Ice

"Anyone Thirsty?" = water

"Need a good jolt?" = Thunder

Have a nice day!

Xander
08-25-2003, 10:33 PM
I think what she says varies, I'm pretty sure she said something about a storm once, and as Leia said she says "icing on the cake" as well as freeze.

She also says something about being hot I think with the fire, aaaahh have to play it again to remember :rolleyes2

Leia
08-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah that was the one I thought was just so cheesy- water: "Anyone Thirsty?" and that thunder one about needing a good jolt!!!! and of course "Freeze!"... thanx evry1! Keep bringing up the cheesy memorable lines!!!! :p

§håd0w
08-25-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
"Burn!" = Fire

"Freeze!" = Ice

"Anyone Thirsty?" = water

"Need a good jolt?" = Thunder

Have a nice day!

they changed once you got the 2nd and 3rd level spells

Xander
08-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Yeah Masamune's right. Here's the full list for each level of spell, from gamefaqs, the "battle quotes" faqs.

Lulu casts Thunder;
Lulu: Need a good jolt?

Lulu casts Fire;
Lulu: Burn!

Lulu casts Water;
Lulu: Anyone thirsty?

Lulu casts Blizzard;
Lulu: Freeze!

Lulu casts Thundara;
Lulu: Don't look so shocked.

Lulu casts Fira;
Lulu: Need a light?

Lulu casts Waterway;
Lulu: Go with the flow.

Lulu casts Blizzara;
Lulu: Let me break the ice.

Lulu casts Thundaga;
Lulu: A storm comes.

Lulu casts Firaga;
Lulu: I hope you like it hot.

Lulu casts Wateraga;
Lulu: Let's see you under pressure!

Lulu casts Blizzaga;
Lulu: Icing on the cake.

Lulu casts Bio;
Lulu: This might help your complexion!

Lulu casts Death;
Lulu: Nice knowing you.

Lulu casts Flare;
Lulu: Know pain!

Lulu casts Ultima;
Lulu: Know pain, but not for long!

Hope that clears things up, lol .

§håd0w
08-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Bio and Ultima are quite funny. I laughed the first time i casted Bio (on Seymour at Gagazet.) Simply amazing... lol :D

Flare_Star
08-26-2003, 12:54 PM
"it all begins here"- Auron to tidus, Zanarkand

MoogleB
08-27-2003, 11:39 PM
Once I got Lulu to say "It was worth a try" after I had her fight

soulICE
08-28-2003, 12:37 AM
if you have Rikku, Lulu, and Yuna in the fight together, at the start of battle Rikku will say "Let's get 'em girls!" i dont remember what Lulu says, but Yuna yells "Yeah!!"

made me think "Girl power!!"

then i suddered and slapped myself because that reminded me of Spice Girls. :mad:

Flare_Star
08-28-2003, 08:33 PM
i think i may have heard that one.......

i also like it when you have auron and tidus at the start of a battle and tidus says "dont break any bones, old man!" and auron says "hmph!"