PDA

View Full Version : What is Shadow's price?

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know what the "price" is for Shadow the first time he joins Sabin through the camp and forest? Is it a certain number of battles or something? And the same question for when you can hire him in Kohlington for 3000 gold. What criteria has to be met before he jets?

Strider
08-12-2003, 06:24 PM
When you meet him at the crazy old guy's house, I'm pretty sure he joins up without any kind of monetary cost. You have to do Sabin's scenario last, though, or he'll take off before you reach Baren Falls.

About Kohlingen. . . I was never really sure about that. I usually don't bother with him at that point.

Outsider
08-12-2003, 06:32 PM
At Sabin's scenario, Shadow helps him until you get off the Imperial base. After that there's a possibility that he leaves the party after each battle.

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Sorry, let me clairify. He leaves your party after so long when you get him during Sabin's part of the three way story, he's left me before I've hit the waterfall. He says, "My work here is done" or somehting like that at the end of the battle and takes off. I was wondering what criteria the game uses for when he goes.

Also, I haven't used him after Kohlington either for fear that he might take off when I really need him around Zozo or something. So again I'm wondering how long he stays with the party then as well.

m4tt
08-12-2003, 06:51 PM
I've had him take off after the first battle out of Kohlingen, which sucked because I used most of my GP to buy him.

In Sabin's scenario I can almost always make him stay until the Falls. If he decides to run off, I'll reset. :p

Wightraven
08-13-2003, 02:13 AM
There is no set limit for when Shadow leaves you in Sabin's scenario OR after Koholigen. It's random. So, just run from battles or something. *shrugs* Can't escape then.

Also, Shadown leaves AFTER a great event in Zozo, as it is part of the storyline, so there.

The Man
08-13-2003, 05:29 AM
I think Shadow leaves earlier in Sabin's scenario if you haven't done either Edgar or Locke's scenario first (I think it's Locke's, but I might be completely wrong about that, so don't take my word on it).

Also, there's no way to make him a permanent party member in the WoB - if you wait until just before the opera to buy his help, he leaves about five minutes through it, and if you try to take him to Narshe, he leaves there, too. Always pissed me off, but there's nothing you can really do about it. Least he becomes a permanent party member in the WoR.

m4tt
08-13-2003, 02:35 PM
If you do Edgar/Terra/Bannon first, Shadow will stay longer. So I always do it Edgar, then Sabin, then Locke.

Wightraven
08-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Honsetly, I don't know what you guys are talking about with the scenario order thing... I've done Sabin's scenario in every imaginable order, and the only time Shadow ever ran out on me was the first time I played the game.

m4tt
08-13-2003, 03:26 PM
First time I played it, I did Sabin's first and Shadow was gone after the Imperial Camp. Now when I play it, I do Sabin second and Shadow always leaves sometime after the forest, or right when I get to the falls.

Everytime I've chosen to do Sabin's first, Shadow has left before the forest. I've never done Sabin's third, so I don't know when he would leave then.

Flying Mullet
08-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Wightraven
Honsetly, I don't know what you guys are talking about with the scenario order thing... I've done Sabin's scenario in every imaginable order, and the only time Shadow ever ran out on me was the first time I played the game.
I don't know if the order makes a difference either, but I've never been able to figure out why so I can't really argue one way or the other.

the blitzer
08-15-2003, 11:19 PM
I did Sabins scenario first and I could still pick up Shadow. although I was playing the PS1 version so it may have been differnet.

I got Shadow at koholigen for 3000Gill and he left in Zozo right before that boss. Leaving me to fight him with only 3 members and he is quite hard with only 3 members. So I never get Shadow there now it's just a waste of money.

the blitzer
08-16-2003, 05:15 PM
He takes of after you leave Zozo and doesn't stick around in Thamasa for long so don't get him at Kohlingen and don't give him Magiteck in Thamasa. Also in the floating continent take of his magiteck after defeating Atma weapon.