PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive? [SPOILERS]

18Darkdragon
08-12-2003, 06:29 PM
i beat the game a few times but still dont no sssomthing. Is Aeris dead or a live becese i got some key and went to the church in midgar sums and i always see a glips of Aeris but then before i can get to her she disappers. Is she a ghost or is she try to get in contact with but cant reach me?:eek:

Flying Mullet
08-12-2003, 06:37 PM
She's a ghost at that point in the game. The programmers probably put it in as a nice touch in rememberance of her.

18Darkdragon
08-12-2003, 07:04 PM
i thought it was somthing else but thas ok. u sure are a lot of help man.

musashius
08-12-2003, 09:38 PM
It's really nothing. Creeped me out the first time, since I wasn't expecting to see anything.

Killy
08-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Actually, its more of a glitch, before that "ghost" appears before Aeris die.

Wightraven
08-13-2003, 02:18 AM
OK... explain to me how you're getting into Midgar without the aid of a game altering device of some kind (such as my good friend gameshark), as I heretofore believed it to be impossible.

Blathnaid
08-13-2003, 02:51 AM
Yeah. It's impossible to return to Midgar before the end of disc one, and up untill the raid on Midgar. After Diamond destroys the Shinra Tower, you can go to Bone Village and dig up the Key.

As for the ghost, I don't know if it was a glitch or what, but it was definately wierd. Lot's of rumors relating to that ghost.

18Darkdragon
08-13-2003, 03:17 AM
it true u can get back in midgar but i guess its just a glich

Zild
08-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Blathnaid
Yeah. It's impossible to return to Midgar before the end of disc one, and up untill the raid on Midgar. After Diamond destroys the Shinra Tower, you can go to Bone Village and dig up the Key.

As for the ghost, I don't know if it was a glitch or what, but it was definately wierd. Lot's of rumors relating to that ghost.

Nice spoilers there, Blathnaid! :p

Killy
08-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Wightraven
OK... explain to me how you're getting into Midgar without the aid of a game altering device of some kind (such as my good friend gameshark), as I heretofore believed it to be impossible.

You can see the ghost even before you leave Midgar. Right before the raid on Shinra's headquarter.

18Darkdragon
08-14-2003, 07:08 PM
thats wierd most be a glich or its forshadowing dont really now

Wightraven
08-14-2003, 07:22 PM
I think it's actually more Squaresoft screwing up. It DOES happen, ya know.

But cheers for pointing that out, Killy. I was wondering about that.

18Darkdragon
08-18-2003, 05:51 PM
but is there a gamshark code

TheAbominatrix
08-19-2003, 10:02 AM
For what?

Flying Mullet
08-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Playing Zack, duh! :p

18Darkdragon
08-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Playing Zack, duh! :p

well no your think of the other post i but up "Zackerie" im looking fora gs code for geting Aeris

Flying Mullet
08-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 18Darkdragon
well no your think of the other post i but up "Zackerie" im looking fora gs code for geting Aeris
I know, I'm just having fun. :D

TheAbominatrix
08-20-2003, 04:04 AM
Yes there is, but all it does is replaces one of your current party members with Aeris, and it's just in battle as far as I know. Check out a site like gameshark.com or gamefaqs.com.

Erdrick the Hero
08-21-2003, 02:00 AM
i hear a rumor somewhere that in japan you could get back aeris and that is where you do whatever to get her back. but i am not starting that whole shabang... anyway.

yes, you use the key that you get in bone village to get into the slums right near the church. nothing really special about getting in though... so i don't really see the point of doing it.

TheAbominatrix
08-21-2003, 02:12 AM
It's not true in any country.

18Darkdragon
08-21-2003, 03:23 AM
actualle u go back to get Tifas last weapon in that store place

MJN SEIFER
08-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Killy
Actually, its more of a glitch, before that "ghost" appears before Aeris die.

YESSSSSS! Some one ELSE Saw this Before she died!! Now I know I'm not crazy!! *Thinks* wait...yes I am! oh well....

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 04:52 AM
omg drkdrgon u r so l33t!!!11

And, yeah, I've seen it before that little "incident" too. It's just a little glitch that everyone blew out of proportion. There is absolutely NO WAY to revive her in any version of the game. And thankfully, too. I mean, Aeris is one of my favorite characters of all time, but, without that moment, the game wouldn't have been nearly the masterpiece it was, you know? People take for granted just how amazing it is for a video game to get so emotional and involving.

18Darkdragon
08-26-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
omg drkdrgon u r so l33t

what do u mean bye that and if u dont like the post dont say anything. Aeris was asome and i just wanted to see if i could get her back, it would make the story-line bad it would make it better. "A lost love back from the dead after sacerficing her own life to safe other lives.

TheAbominatrix
08-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Why would it make the story better if she came back to life? I dont like Aeris, but her sacrifice was something deep and special. She gave her life to save others... if she could just come back to life, how would her sacirifice be brave? Hell, it wouldnt even be a sacrifice. It'd take any emotion out of the scene.

"Someone I love died... oh wait, she's back, yay!" Besides, if she were suddenly resurrected, she'd be all decayed and stuff.

The ghost in the church was enough. That was pretty. Bringing her back to life would just destroy things.

18Darkdragon
08-26-2003, 01:30 AM
well i dont think she would be decayed she wasnt dead that long also she was in water so unless there are some hungray perionas shed be fine. u make it sound like it was nothin when she died im just sayin if she lived it might take some sorow away.:cry:

TheAbominatrix
08-26-2003, 01:50 PM
It was nothing, to me. I was glad when she died. But even if I did love her, bringing her back would be shallow. It would take away any emotion connected with that scene. Why would you be sad when she died if she popped up again a few hours later?

And even if the water was free from fish (any fish would eat her flesh), she would still be bloated and probably green. That happens in the first few days of being underwater and dead.

If you want her to live, start a new game and stop before she dies. Simple.

Kenshin IV
08-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by 18Darkdragon
what do u mean bye that...
I think you just answered your own question there.

18Darkdragon
08-27-2003, 04:30 PM
thats what i do sometimes:eep: but whats the code for replacing people

TheAbominatrix
08-27-2003, 04:45 PM
I already gave you a site to get the code, try exerting yourself and looking it up.

18Darkdragon
08-28-2003, 02:29 AM
cant find any codes on FF7

TheAbominatrix
08-28-2003, 03:10 AM
Uh huh. There's a huge amount of FF7 codes on there, and on any number of sites. Try looking.

cloud.strife
08-28-2003, 03:06 PM
I never really thought about it but...

what if if at the end of the game holy killed everyone?

At the end of the game you see a bright white light
(light at the end of the tunnel type thing)
and then you see Aeris.

What if she knew that everyone was gonna die
regardless if holy was activated or not...
maybe she died to save the actual planet,not the humans...
maybe she knew that holy would wipe everyone out,
she kept talking about them being reunited
maybe they would be reunited at death...

right at the end you see Red 13 or whateva running
to a cliff and you see Midgar (no humans).
is it not possible that holy wiped out the humans as it
saw humans as 'evil' or 'bad' for the planet thus
destroyed them. Red was not human so he was
kept alive.

That's the way I always thought of it...

TheAbominatrix
08-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Yeah I highly doubt that happened, but its a nice theory.

Lo_scolaro_di_Picchi
08-30-2003, 09:30 PM
There is absolutely NO WAY to revive her in any version of the game
it's true: you can use aereis only with a gameshark code (and in disc 3 it doesen't work)

everyone must know that there are a lot of fake about how to relive (or save) aereis (i've read about 10 of them but i'm not going to translate them in english because they are long and they don't work. i'm sure) :cool:

18Darkdragon
09-03-2003, 01:33 AM
ok well thx guys