PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on FF merchandise

Xander
08-13-2003, 01:39 PM
What do you think of it, and what merchandise do you like or own, or do you think merchandise is a stupid idea?

I personally like FF merchandise, esp the action figures but I only have the 5 FF heroines ones which were recently released by Bandai. I know you can get a lot on Ebay but they always end up costing loads at the end of an auction...
I also like posters and I have the FF7 soundtrack and a couple of strategy guides for VII and IX.

I think the jewellery (sp?) you can get is a cool idea like Squall's necklace and all that although I don't own any...

Also if you know any websites where you can still get good FF merchandise apart from Ebay, let me know.
I recommend www.otaku.co.uk for soundtracks and stuff.

BG-57
08-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I have a complete set of FFVII Extra Soldier action figures. I'm still annoyed they promised to release Cid and never did! :mad2:

But I have been totally addicted to the ARTFX FFVIII action figures! Even though they have very little articulation, I love the character, GF and monster designs of the game. I've got two character boxed sets, and a few loose figures to round out the collection, All 8 clear GF's (The Japanese versions with the Ragnarok parts), All 8 opaque GF's (Mostly the U.S. versions), Ultima Weapon, Omega Weapon, Forbidden, and Iron Giant.

All I'm missing is the Odin figure (without the horse) and some separately packaged characters that are in one of the boxed sets, which I consider redundant. Right now I have an itch to buy the Japanese versions of the 8 GF's so I can get a second colored Ragnarok.

Now I have a bunch of extra figures so I'll sell them on Ebay.

Somehow I've been able to resist the other product tie-ins. Just as well.

m4tt
08-13-2003, 03:29 PM
I have the soundtracks of FFVI, FFIX and FFX. I also have Yojimbo and Val.. Valaruda (Ahh.. he's a monster in FFX's Omega Ruins) statue things. I wanna get Iron Giant too, he's neat.

Garland
08-14-2003, 06:33 AM
I like my plush cactuar, and the various FF orchestrated CD's I picked up. I had a few of the FFVIII GF figures, but they kept falling apart on me (Siren and Ifrit come to mind right off). I boxed them and put them away. I have a FFIX rather large white satin wallhanging of the characters in a group shot. I'm trying to find a place to fit it.

crono_logical
08-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Waste of money to me, I'd never buy any of the stuff :p If it's collectable through some other freer means e.g. download, then I might get it through that method instead :p

Kurohime
08-15-2003, 11:11 AM
It really depends on what kind of merchandise we're talking about. I ended up getting a LOT of FF9 stuff, since I'm a huge FF9 fan, but when it comes to other FF series, I didn't get much.

What I usually collect are the books, soundtracks, and action figures, and an occasional plushie. When Square closed out here in Honolulu, I also got to take home a lot of interesting goodies, from binders and folders, to wall art.

Other than that, though... it really depends. There's some stuff I just would rather NOT waste my money on. XD

§håd0w
08-18-2003, 04:48 PM
i bought this really nice ass sephiroth statue at japan town for like 80 bucks. fully articulated and everything. hes even holding masamune in his left hand (like in all fmvs of him). really nice. i got the OST for VII - X2 also. the JPN release. not the crappy domestic release. umm, the anime/art books, toys/figgures. got em all. got everything pertaining to sephiroth. and other than wall banners and posters, thats it i think

ShivaBlizzard8
08-18-2003, 10:08 PM
I mostly just collect the music, which I pick up at http://gamemusic.com. I love the soundtracks to the games, espcially the piano versions. The figurines, posters and stuff don't really interest me much, although I will admit I think I have a Rinoa necklace kicking around from Crosstoy.com . . . *hides* :p