PDA

View Full Version : Should i change my party?

FFT_Lancer
08-13-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm using Ramza, Reis, Beowulf, Worker 8, and Orlandu, should i change someone for Cloud? Definitly not Orlandu, the god of all gods

Also, how far in the storyline do i have to go before i can find cloud? i released him from the time machine but the cutscene won't appear in zarghidas

Gregory
08-14-2003, 04:09 PM
If you want, you should consider getting all the Knight Swords like Ragnorok and Chaos Blade and the second Excalibur and put Meliadoul in your party. But, either one can do. You have to defeat Aldamelk and his human counterpart, Dycedarg, then you go to that place. Good luck.

Naos
08-15-2003, 08:35 AM
What job is Ramza?

Instead of...Reis, or Worker 8, try getting a female to be a calculator. Switch job to mage, and you shoudl be fine, but, also, try the game without any story people.

Naos
08-15-2003, 08:35 AM
What job is Ramza?

Instead of...Reis, or Worker 8, try getting a female to be a calculator. Switch job to mage, and you shoudl be fine, but, also, try the game without any story people.

ShadyMilkman
09-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Naos, about that avatar.... I REALLY don't remember Rinoa's err, chest... being half that size....

Chzn8r
10-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Worker 8, definately. He really is a bland character, with such little movement, and all his work skills do damage to him, he provides little quality help in a battle. Take him out for Cloud, who will be an MVP in your party. He is easy to level, just have him keep bonking your big chars for huge EXP. His limits are great and his Materia Blade isn't hard to get.

Suggestion: with Reis, turn her into a calculator, get all the math skills, and change her back to Dragoner, and give her Math. She has great speed and MA, and thus makes a great calculator. Plus, then her low movement won't matter and you can take off move +1 or 2 (whichever you're using) for move MP up.

Red
10-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Take out Worker 8 and Reis for Agrais and Someone else strong like either Cloud or a noname with high abilities. I never ever liked Worker 8 or Reis!

Chzn8r
10-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Reis has the best base stats of any character (except her movement) and is the only person able to reach 999 hp. She has inherent monster skill, monster talk, two hands. She can turn the tide of any battle with enemy dragons (like the super bariaus hill battle) in your favor by inviting them, and she can further beef them out. she is not at all week physically, and holy bracelet is a great attack. She is the best person to make a calculator out of. Etc... Etc...

Reis is up with Orlandu as the best in the game.

ShadyMilkman
10-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Worker 8 provides no quality help??? He is a monster in random battles. He has a HIGH range attack (8 to be exact) that does major damage. As far as taking damage back... so what? He has TONS and his defense is ungodly anyway.

Chzn8r
10-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Wow. Worker 8 does decent damage. Bravo. **Claps**

Mustadio with a Blaze/Glacier/Blast gun is more mobile and versatile. He still has an 8 range attack, all that Worker 8 has running for him. Only Mustadio can't run his health down. Worker 8 also has no faith, so you can't cast any positive magic on him. He is slow moving and doesn't get far when he moves, and he can't cross water unless it's a jump of 3 or less. Bravo Worker 8, even Mustadio is better than you...

ShadyMilkman
10-14-2003, 11:01 PM
I don't like the smart-ellic attitude... but anyway, Mustadio has really low Defense. Worker 8's is downright freakishly high. better the Reis's, Ramza's and even Orlandu's. The guns arent' better, cuz they can't shoot through or around obstacles like Dispose can. The damage he does to himself is minimal. like 3% of his max HP...and I've never had a single random monster even ATTEMPT to take him one on one. He itimidates them. They try to run from him, even at full health. So, he helps in that aspect as well. Worker 8 is sorta like a walking tank like the Knight from FF. And btw, to this date, Mustadio has been in my party and a fine addition as my #1 Ninja/Thief.

Chzn8r
10-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Of course, I forgot that losing 50 health out of 350 is only 3%...

Anyways, ok, so you're saying he's a tank now? Well whatever you want him to be good at, he'll end up being inferior because of his movement restrictions. A Lancer then outdoes Worker 8 in every aspect except defense. He can attack 8 spaces away, do more damage, take none in the process. And that's just jump. He also can be 2 spaces away from somebody (that he moved GASP more than 3 spaces to get to because he could) and doing big damage to them. Also, putting Hamedo, Blade Grasp, or even Counter on this Lancer, you could send him into the center of a pack of enemies and he'd tank even better than Worker 8. Plus, with everyone running from worker 8, all of a sudden you have them attacking your other characters. Way to go tank.

ShadyMilkman
10-15-2003, 12:21 AM
That's a pretty good argument. Guess it's just opinion. But ANY character with Blade Grasp is untouchable. even a chemist, ninja, thief, samurai... hell, a Calculator even.

Chzn8r
10-15-2003, 03:57 AM
Hey, ya know, I do find Worker 8 to be a great stepping stone :p

Brownjames07
10-15-2003, 05:54 AM
Hey, ya know, I do find Worker 8 to be a great stepping stone

I agree with Chzn8r, there really is nothing else that worker 8 can do to help people. He may be able to hit from far away but he hurts himself, what's the point of that. I only use him as a decoy to distract the enemy from attacking other people. He's just a loser. hahaha. I'm not a fan of lancers either, but the weakest one is better then worker 8!!

Never Ping
12-20-2003, 05:40 PM
I´m playing from scrach again.

My best first party was:

Ramza as Knight and Jump. Two swords equipped.
Meliadou as her primary job and Jump.
Orlandu as Heanvly Knight, Jump and two swords skills
Mustadio as Engineer and Charge
An Summoner with White Magic and magic attack up.

My new best party everybody will have Item, being all master Chemistry. :)

cloud_________strife
12-20-2003, 06:19 PM
my fav party is
ramza
orlandu and
3 ninjas

ShadyMilkman
12-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Should I even bother mentioning that no character besides Ramza's father EVER becomes a Heavenly Knight? I still like Worker 8 though.

unknown88
12-21-2003, 03:43 AM
I can see noone here has gotten Worker 8 to level 99. Because he is a TANK, even humans with great counters or defense will get assaulted by Hydras, Archers and Cocatoris, but not Worker 8. Most enemies leave him alone. Until this day, the only enemy that attacked Worker 8 and survived was a Red Dragon. Once a Morbol attacked him and died, recieving 800+ damage from him.
Worker 8's dispose is better than any long range attack. It can deal 320 damage normal, twice as much as a gun (other than stone). It moves through obstacles and its inmediate. Jumps are too unreliable, they take too much time and many times its too slow.

I'd first ask you why do you have to eliminate a member, the party can be 16 characters big, isn't that enough, cause for me it was and i could still put some monsters.

If you want instant death, get a female wizard, learn all math skills, get a faith rod, and watch all enemies get hit by 600+ damage with flare, or die with death :)

ShadyMilkman
12-21-2003, 09:00 PM
THANK YOU!!!! Finally, someone else who sees the beauty of Worker 8!!! He owns you all!!!!

Mehka Gallant
12-25-2003, 01:39 PM
My most awesome party... Is the one I've been working on. Screw signature characters... Ramza is the only dude I'll use. I remove all my beginning members save myself and Delita, (after removing their equipment), sell their equipment, then hire three new squires, a male and two females to my team. From there, I complete the story up to Igros and run back and forth between Gariland and Igros before moving to Sweegy. Leveling up is easy, coupled with Gained JP Up, you level like mad in the classes. I buy lots of potions, learn accumulate, then in my extra turns in which my characters can't reach the enemy, I use the items and skills to gain XP/JP. I was level 20 before I hit Fort Zeakden. Anyhoo, I train all four members, including Ramza to be Lancers, master them, then learn various other skills. With Ramza as a Lancer and three other Lancers backing him up, I can take on most anything. As for worker 8, I've never had him, save through Gameshark, and despite injuring himself with his skills, you can always have another party member heal him with a potion, and that just means more XP/JP for the potion-user! C'mon people. I'm a hardened capitalist when it comes to XP and JP. I never waste a turn! :) Meanwhile, I keep all the signature characters, but never use them, no reason to... No reason to eject them either. As for monsters, occasionally I'll use a high-level Red Chocobo to dish out extra damage... It's all good...