PDA

View Full Version : The Ultamite duo

18Darkdragon
08-13-2003, 06:36 PM
there not really a duo but how do u beat ruby and emerlad wepon. they always kick my a** it would really help me.

Flying Mullet
08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Here's a couple of threads where people have put their strategies for beating the Emerald and Ruby Weapons:

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34688
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37100

Personally I haven't played the game in a while so I can't really give any good specific advice to you. Good luck.

BG-57
08-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Emerald requires more advance preparation:

1) Get the Underwater Materia: it eliminates the time limit.

2) I've heard Emerald's Air Tare Storm causes damage in proportion to the amount of materia equipped, so pack light if you want to survive it.

3) If you want to use a lot of materia, use Final Attack junctioned to Revive.

4) Use KOR and W-Summon.

5) If you have the other two character Mime the summoner, you'll get four KOR attacks per round. You can master more KORs and W-Summons if you have the patience.

Ruby has a trick but is easy once you learn it:

1) Only one character can actually fight it, so let two of your party get sucked away or kill them before you start the fight.

2) Only once he plunges his claws into the ground, can you hurt him.

3) Once again, KOR and W-Summon are handy here.

4) Final attack and Revive are also nice to have.

5) I like using an E-skill materia to give my character things like Big Guard and White Wind.

18Darkdragon
08-14-2003, 04:02 AM
Wow that really help u must had played a lot

BG-57
08-14-2003, 02:12 PM
I've played through the game three times. Boy was it frustrating when I first took on Emerald! Took me about three tries to figure out what to do. :mad:

Master.Pug
08-14-2003, 03:05 PM
there are a couple of strategie's on Emerald, but RUBY is a bitch!
There is only 1 thing which harms him alot!
Kotr;)

18Darkdragon
08-14-2003, 07:11 PM
thats not all true u can use Red XIII he does some damage

one_winged_angel
08-15-2003, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure but I thought you could actually revive your pre-deadified chars in the battle and he didnt actually suck them (yeh i laughed too but what else can i put?) and if so equip your char that your not gonna pre-deadify with phoenix and final attack combo so it auto revives them and give em a hp<->mp materia so it happens quicker

Raistlin
08-16-2003, 05:58 AM
Emmy's a pansy once you take away his Aire Tam Storm(by either not having much materia equipped or using Final Attack - Phoenix/Revive).

Ruby involves a little strategy. Kill off two characters before the battle. Ruby won't suck them away then. Revive them, and fight on with three characters(yeah, you have to use up two full turns reviving and healing, but you get two additional characters back).
Anyways, wait for him to sink his tentacles into the ground, and then immediately cast W-Summon Hades(once on Ruby, once on all his tentacles). This paralyzes them. Continue to wham away(KotR and Mime work nicely). You'll probably have to re-cast Hades, so it's nice to have it mastered(or at least with 4 stars). However, even one casting buys you some time.

18Darkdragon
08-18-2003, 05:48 PM
yea thats true but those stuiped lasers piss me off and they keep reviving whatshould i do

18Darkdragon
08-19-2003, 05:15 PM
nvm i beat emarld